Dying Light 2

+
It seems like I was right to be doubtful after the last few months of marketing campaign. Like a PTSD after cyberpunk :LOL:
Apparently the plot is quite bad and choice and consequences were overadvertised A LOT. Like cyberpunk-a lot. Even more.

It seems like I was right to be doubtful after the last few months of marketing campaign. Like a PTSD after cyberpunk :LOL:
Apparently the plot is quite bad and choice and consequences were overadvertised A LOT. Like cyberpunk-a lot. Even more.
HO ? Are you sur of that ? Again .. the marketing you think ? :rolleyes:

I am waiting for the game but I will not play it before I know it's good. One Cyberpunk is enough for me.

Techland had their own issues and their own private development hell with Dying Light 2. Pretty much similar situation to CDPR and Cyberpunk, really. In-fights, no-one knows what the game is supposed to be, resetting, remaking, scrapping the story over and over. Then delaying the release for "polishing and testing". I didn't look up any reviews yet, because early reviews were written before Day-One-Patch, which means "hey, we will fix all the technical issues on release, honest! Write the review now, just don't post anything about bugs and glitches, ok?"

Not really fair comparision. You can actually play Dying Light 1, and this game is continuation. I don't know what makes you think selling point of Dying Light can be choices or deep story? Maybe try first game...what was special about this game: combining zombie genre and parkour + gameplay loop different for day/night + excellent environment. If you play Dying Light game for story or choices and deep story...lol.

Not really fair comparision. You can actually play Dying Light 1, and this game is continuation. I don't know what makes you think selling point of Dying Light can be choices or deep story? Maybe try first game...what was special about this game: combining zombie genre and parkour + gameplay loop different for day/night + excellent environment. If you play Dying Light game for story or choices and deep story...lol.
You can play DL2 without playing the first one

Techland advertised the importance of choices, it wasn't me

I'm not playing dying light exactly because the story is not good enough.

Glad to see DL2 can give players things CP77 couldn't

This might cost CDPR a chunk of player base but don't worry patch 1.5 might, maybe make things better

I'm confused about the favorable comparison of the DL2 release (in a couple of days) to the CP2077 release. I haven't exactly kept up with DL2, but from what little I've read, DL2 is getting beaten up pretty badly in gaming news. And CP2077 definitely didn't disclose the use of Denuvo just a few days before release, after most preorders.

CDPR didn't do itself any reputational favors with the way it released CP2077, but I'm not seeing DL2 setting any high bar for a clean release either.

I don't know what people expected, first game already was like 7/10, 75 metascore. They found their audience, and game sold well. How they can improve format of Dying Light 1? Do slightly better story? Make bigger open world?
I finished DL1, but that was like 1 year after release. Had fun, but that wasn't groundbreaking game ( I really liked some parts, like school level at night) story had most cliche villain ever and zombie waifu. Gameplay and world was fun.

It's a mix of reviews for sure.

Screenshot 2022-02-02 235538.jpg

Gameplay looks good? Story..well...I rarely see people happy with story in videogames. It has to be original and brilliant or garbage, it seems. Oh and also have an ending the player likes...

Not super thrilled they added Denuvo at the last minute. That's not real cool. Kind of bait-and-switch.

Not super thrilled they added Denuvo at the last minute.
theres doubt whether reviewers were playing with or without Denuvo to know the "real" performance...also some reviewers said that is very buggy (one explicitly says "far worse than cp2077 in pc release")

I remember someone saying that Denuvo is not un-crackable, but it secures the game long enough for the company to not worry about profit loss shortly post-launch. If I recall correctly some companies drop Denuvo some time down the line. One reason being that Denuvo is on licence that they would have to renew, the other is free positive publicity. "Remember that shitty DRM we introduced ourselves? Well, we removed it! Look how good we are for you, love us!"

Another matter is multiplayer/coop. Will Techland keep Denuvo for those reasons? Is Denuvo any good when it comes to keeping people from tampering with the game or cheating? I have no idea, I don't play multiplayer games. And original Dying Light appeared to be very popular on this ground and was supported to this day, right?

But yes, Denuvo lowers performance and creates problems. Lets wait and see what happens next.

Story..well...I rarely see people happy with story in videogames. It has to be original and brilliant or garbage, it seems. Oh and also have an ending the player likes...
From what I read it's not a matter of taste but the fact the story has problems with pacing and coherence. It also feels like many parts were cut and the rest was glued together just to pull out something. Also, you can do anything against one of the two factions but when the plot forces you to do some missions with them they treat you like a close friend like nothing happened.

theres doubt whether reviewers were playing with or without Denuvo to know the "real" performance...also some reviewers said that is very buggy (one explicitly says "far worse than cp2077 in pc release")

I'm pretty sure they reviewed with Denuvo enabled.
A German website was unable to do exhaustive performance comparisons because Denuvo wouldn't allow many hardware changes before locking them out.
Post automatically merged:

But yes, Denuvo lowers performance and creates problems. Lets wait and see what happens next.

Only if it's implemented incorrectly.

Top Bottom