Dying punk or Night city parkour

+
Nice, that jump at 0:34 I thought will be instadeath. Double jump is awesome for these actions :) .... Im here only little curious how or if can be epic power jump (Fortified Ankles) used similar way. I tried them shortly but then returned back to Reinforced Tendons.

Last edited:
I tried to climb to the top of an apartment through the side stairs, notice some textures are very low res when reaching a certain height, and the collision is missing on some parts. Hope they can fix it.

I keep hearing the music montage from Into the Spiderverse end credits. And the grunting and blood splatters sell it so hard!

On the second playthrough I decided to spend some time on parkour and while its not as good as the parkour in Dying light its still pretty fun.

My first try on doing a fluid run gonna do it much cleaner after I practice a bit.
I adore the job he did with that song. Been playing GW2 since launch and never knew this guy existed til about 6 months ago or so. Of course since Cyberpunk 2077 came out, I, alas, have been neglecting my GW gaming. =0. Nice run. :)

I love the parkour in this game too. This one is without double jump legs or maneuvering system + kerensikov (where you get insane speed and long jumps) but your video makes me want to get back into it:

With limited wallrunning and kick jump (off walls), I think the parkour would be really insane. Easily as good as Mirror's Edge. Even if it didn't have kick glitching, you can make up for the loss of speed with cyberware. Only issue is hitting anything with a collision mesh = instant death so improv free running is really scary.

Nice! That was awesome! :ok:

The parkour in this game is underrated. This was the first time in 40 years of pc game platforming that I enjoyed it!
No frustrating nonsense, if it looked like in RL you could jump and grab and pull yourself up on whatever you could do it in the game 90% * of the time. And without a lot of keyboard finger dancing!

Thank you for that CDPR!

*non working ladders is really my only complaint.

The parkour in this game is underrated. This was the first time in 40 years of pc game platforming that I enjoyed it!
No frustrating nonsense, if it looked like in RL you could jump and grab and pull yourself up on whatever you could do it in the game 90% * of the time. And without a lot of keyboard finger dancing!

Thank you for that CDPR!

*non working ladders is really my only complaint.
There is still small adjustements to make the game better there, but parkour is really more satisfying than other parts of the game, I agree.

I also wonder why they did not pushed the game a little toward that direction, since it shows unexpected strengthes there. They could have made a few timed runs.

On the second playthrough I decided to spend some time on parkour and while its not as good as the parkour in Dying light its still pretty fun.

My first try on doing a fluid run gonna do it much cleaner after I practice a bit.

I just noticed that you were able to jump/climb up each balcony like a latter?!!! Can you please explain in some detail how you are doing that? I was trying that on some window overhangs but after getting up the first one I was standing directly UNDER the next one so when I try to jump up the next one up would not allow my actor to move upward and knocks me back down to the one I was standing on.

You appear to be jumping slightly off and back and then "double jump" in the air up and forward back up to the next one?

I have the double jump mod but not the boost jump mod. Do I need the boost mod to do this? And what is the difference between the boost jump and the double jump anyway?

MAN I love the parkour in this game I wish other games would take a hint and do it the same way. Other games with parkour were to me obnoxiously difficult to do even something that in RL would not be that hard such as jumping from a fence back 3 feet to grab a pipe behind you. I can do that with out much difficulty in RL and I am an old guy with a fear of heights!

Thanks!

I just noticed that you were able to jump/climb up each balcony like a latter?!!! Can you please explain in some detail how you are doing that? I was trying that on some window overhangs but after getting up the first one I was standing directly UNDER the next one so when I try to jump up the next one up would not allow my actor to move upward and knocks me back down to the one I was standing on.

You appear to be jumping slightly off and back and then "double jump" in the air up and forward back up to the next one?

I have the double jump mod but not the boost jump mod. Do I need the boost mod to do this? And what is the difference between the boost jump and the double jump anyway?

MAN I love the parkour in this game I wish other games would take a hint and do it the same way. Other games with parkour were to me obnoxiously difficult to do even something that in RL would not be that hard such as jumping from a fence back 3 feet to grab a pipe behind you. I can do that with out much difficulty in RL and I am an old guy with a fear of heights!

Thanks!
Its a bit tricky but you need to back up so your head is not under the obstacle I just press S and use double jump to get to grab the ledge, you can climb balconies but you can also climb some windows with ledges like that I managed to climb a 40 floor high skyscraper this way.

Here is a vidoe where I made it much more fluid timestammped on balcony climbing.

Its a bit tricky but you need to back up so your head is not under the obstacle I just press S and use double jump to get to grab the ledge, you can climb balconies but you can also climb some windows with ledges like that I managed to climb a 40 floor high skyscraper this way.

Here is a vidoe where I made it much more fluid timestammped on balcony climbing.

what is S key? I have different key bindings from most people.

what is S key? I have different key bindings from most people.
Move backwards.

WASD.png

Top Bottom