Dynamic Monster Contracts?

+
Dynamic Monster Contracts?

I was just reading a thread about increasing immersion in Witcher 3 and i had an idea, its probably been said many times but what the heck here it goes :
There you are in a small village selling your garbage to a merchant and all of a sudden you hear loud scary screeches and music starts playing, the town folk start screaming and freaking out and then you notice a shadow...a griffon... you look up and see one fly over the small village landing on a roof looking over the village, it swaps down and grabs a sheep and flys off.

The town folk get together and decide that the beast needs to be slain or things could get worst that's when you step in and your quest missions to track this beast.

The idea is it feels "random" ...alive.. immersive, instead of just "they got attacked over there" follow some tracks and hey the monster is right there!

on the PC there is a random encounters mod. does something kinda like that but there is no contract. just random monsters or groups of bandits that appear.

i'd love random contracts that either happen around you, like you suggested, or some random notice board contracts that have a randomality to them. these notices appear on boards in random, their contracts fit the level of the witcher and there is a representative that grants money for solving them.
such contracts will need to be simple and just made for some XP boost or money or fun. not for any interesting story.

on the PC there is a random encounters mod. does something kinda like that but there is no contract. just random monsters or groups of bandits that appear.

i'd love random contracts that either happen around you, like you suggested, or some random notice board contracts that have a randomality to them. these notices appear on boards in random, their contracts fit the level of the witcher and there is a representative that grants money for solving them.
such contracts will need to be simple and just made for some XP boost or money or fun. not for any interesting story.
I'd like to have random contracts too, but all missions were made by CDPR manually. It means that they made a little story from each contract: talk with witness; look for more information; find traces; point out what is your enemy. It can't be an auto-generation quest. May be in future there will be quest and story modules like for DnD. But there will be no voiced NPCs or they will be voiced poorly.

obviously the manual quests can not be replicated. even with a mod kit you cant have that because modders wouldnt have geralt's actor.

the quests i was thinking about are as simple as possible - a note on the board says something like "i was [doing something] at [location] while i was attacked by [number] [monster\human type] at [location]. i will grant [specific amount of money] for whomever can eliminate the problem. once the mission is completed, come get your reward from the contract's collector" (all the text inside the brackets is replaced by the quest generator). so this quest has no story per se and is as simple as - go to place X and kill enemy Y and come back for reward. simple and mundane but it's a way to earn money and XP and have fun when you just want to do a quick and dirty job for 10 minutes.

Top Bottom