Dystopian NIIIIIIIIIIIGHTS.... like Dystopian DAAAAAAAAAYS.... More often than not...

+
We live in a Village in the City called Night, because the population is mostly unimportant. The wander through tunnels, and shuffle across streets and stare at us blankly from beneath the BD wreathe. Their aspirations unrecognized, their motivations unmaterialized, and in a world where you can walk through another man's horror this seems an undeniable waste of space.

The Developers of Night City need to take advantage of its greatest resource: The people who are not currently developing night city. Which is to say...

"Has anyone played Portal recently?"

Portal has a fascinating mechanic that I don't know that hasn't been recently duplicated. I don't mean the portal gun, nobody cares about that. I mean *the ability to create your own adventures*.

Back in the early 1780s in the Billy the Kid days there was an MMO called "City of Heroes" and it was a garbage MMO propped up by revolutionary ideas. One of those ideas was "Architect Entertainment". It was a mission builder written directly into the game. Players could design adventures, even strings of adventures, that would take place through not only the city *that other people would play*. For many people the Architect *became* the game.

Create a DLC that allows us to introduce our own voice acting, our own mission parameters, and to develop and curate our own adventures.

You'd begin with maybe 20 or so "starter" adventures to show people how to do it. You'd create a BD bin where you could go and "edit your own BDs!" which in reality would be the mission editor, and then you'd upload it to the CDPROJEKTRED or Steam or wherever the same way you do save games and players who agreed to be testers would curate them.

The DLC could be something like a universal helpline or text box.... You call it up on the holo and it responds with the person voice acting their mission and a text sent to the player with "additional deets attached"... then the player would go do the mission. These missions would be generic in many respects except in their writing.

Anyway, whatever, do whatcha like.

Top Bottom