E3 2013 and VGX Geralt models

+
Hello everyone, hope you are having a great day.

I have a question/request for someone in CDPR.

Is it possible to release Geralt's models and textures used in the E3 2013 and VGX trailers?

E3 2013 trailer:

VGX trailer:

I know there is the lovely W2 Geralt mod by @TudorAdrian and @-The_Crasher- (Link: https://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/2041), and that E3 2013 Geralt is basically W2 Geralt but; maybe the model has some improvements over the W2 model.

Also, it would be a shame to leave these models unused since they looked really good, I especially like E3 2013 Geralt but some prefer VGX Geralt, so I am also asking for this.

Thank you for your time, and for making such amazing games!

Understood, thanks for the fast reply, I will remember this for future reference, so something good came out of it anyway.

Have a great day!
Post automatically merged:

I'm afraid we won't be releasing any such assets publicly.

At the same time, we try to support modders whenever we can. Whenever modders would like to use our assets, we ask them to contact us, as specified in point 9.4 of our User Agreement: https://regulations.cdprojektred.com/en/user_agreement

We consider each such request separately and if we can, we give individual permissions :)
In case I don't understand it correctly.

Assets that where not released publicly in the first place; won't be released.
Only if the assets where released in the game, can there be an agreement to use them in mods.

Am I correct @Vattier?

Last edited:
What I meant that we're not planning to make such assets available publicly.
Hey, I would like to ask about how it's with modkit then.
Haven't the models and basically everything contained in the game been "publicly released" with it?

I would personally love to try many models of monsters, make some custom NPCs (they are constructed from the individual mesh parts, aren't they?) with different "appearances"; and probably many of the animations, sounds, icons, effects,...

Can you provide so many assets extracted from the engine in a format for UE4? I believe that's fbx only?

Last edited:
Top Bottom