E3 2014: CDProjekt's PR strategy

+

E3 2014: CDProjekt's PR strategy

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
All I can say, CDPR, my Birthday is the 4th, June.... and I want no more:

BUT

Thank you!

Because 95% of the topics on this forum talk weather CDPR will participate in E3 2014 or not.

Be a good bun and don't try to talk smart.

No but they do talk about things that are already set in stone and thus the discussion can be seen as pointless by the afore mentioned logic. Be a good lad and try to take things less literal than just E3 talk and more about logic in general concerning discussions.

Edit: anyway, it will be very interesting to see where The Witcher 3 will pop up (aka, at which presentation console wise or being a seperate thing.)

Last edited:
Speaking for me I would like to get as much as possible. Speaking for right strategy they should just make interwievs and behind doors demo so people will get slowly intrested and hyped for more upcoming stuff by excited press. And little teaser for fans.

Jupiter_on_Mars

No but they do talk about things that are already set in stone and thus the discussion can be seen as pointless by the afore mentioned logic. Be a good lad and try to take things less literal than just E3 talk and more about logic in general concerning discussions.

Edit: anyway, it will be very interesting to see where The Witcher 3 will pop up (aka, at which presentation console wise or being a seperate thing.)

That's a good point. Perhaps CDP will even things out by going with Sony this time around.
Anyway, they sure caused astir last year. How do you suppose they'll sustain momentum after such a spectacular VGX trailer? How can they topple that and avert dejá vu?

That's a good point. Perhaps CDP will even things out by going with Sony this time around.
Anyway, they sure caused astir last year. How do you suppose they'll sustain momentum after such a spectacular VGX trailer? How can they topple that and avert dejá vu?

Yeah, I imagine that it is a bit of a tricky thing, it is not like CD Projekt is an active partner of Sony or MS, the game ships on both consoles after all. Also, have them show ten minutes of actual gameplay and I can guarantee you that we will all be drooling.

Don´t forget how far away release is. No matter how E3 is big and important it is still too soon for big tnings like live demo. I would be glad just for new trailer and some new info in intwerwievs. Just don´t be dissapointed when no gameplay will come out because it would be higly unlogical and uneffective. It is not good idea to show your best 8 months before release.

Jupiter_on_Mars

Don´t forget how far away release is. No matter how E3 is big and important it is still too soon for big tnings like live demo. I would be glad just for new trailer and some new info in intwerwievs. Just don´t be dissapointed when no gameplay will come out because it would be higly unlogical and uneffective. It is not good idea to show your best 8 months before release.

It's a balancing act. Definitely, they should spend neither all nor their best ammo at this point in time. And yet, comparatively speaking, VGX was a second rate event and it got a trailer. I think not showing gameplay at all at E3 would be a nonsensical decision.

Last edited:
Actually, I remember being not enterily impressed when they first showed proper gameplay of TW2 (that ~10 minute video with Vergen). The combat seemed unusual and the animations looked less 'witcher-y' after TW1 and it lacked the vibe of the first game as well (well, it still does).
I wonder what my first impression will be this time around. Damn, I can't f*cking wait!

Top Bottom