E3 2014: CDProjekt's PR strategy

+

E3 2014: CDProjekt's PR strategy

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jupiter_on_Mars

And there I was, just typing to ask if there are any new rumours, leaks, tweets or anything we can hold on to keep us going

Amazing forests it is then!

:cheers:

I love forests. Flotsam - in my opinion, by far the best TW2 location - already featured a wonderfully spooky forest. Imagine bigger, denser, lusher, spookier!

Forests are by far my most favourite of locations. That Leshen quest (and screenshots of the woods) always got me hyped.

Jupiter_on_Mars

Interesting...
SpeedTree says they're «working diligently with CDProjekt on TW3 for E3».
And yet:

I think I can safely say that when I started working at Cdpr again a month ago and I saw what will be shown at E3, I was completely blown away. Seriously, I could not stop smiling for an hour. ;)

I could be wrong, but he seems to imply that at the time whatever he saw was ready.
So what are SpeedTree and CDProjekt working on?

Has the two showings thesis just been confirmed?

Last edited:
@Jupiter on Mars
Speedtree said 'Trailer'. Maybe Benzenzimmern saw the 45minute Gameplay Demo they're showing the Journos. Perhaps they still haven't completely finalized their Trailer that's being shown?

Unless Speedtree is just talking strange stuff after all.

Jupiter_on_Mars

Maybe he saw a rough version of it?

Perhaps.
Though he did say he was «completely blown away». Would a rough version completely blow him away?

Edit:

@Jupiter on Mars
Speedtree said 'Trailer'. Maybe Benzenzimmern saw the 45minute Gameplay Demo they're showing the Journos. Perhaps they still haven't completely finalized their Trailer that's being shown?

Unless Speedtree is just talking strange stuff after all.

That's my take: a trailer for the populace - the one SpeedTree and CDprojekt are working on - and a 45 minute demo for the press. This would make sense from several points of view, including the online activities Marcin spoke of. They could finish it in the nick of time, ready to be streamed to the world around E3.

Last edited:
Perhaps.
Though he did say he was «completely blown away». Would a rough version completely blow him away?
SpeedTree is strictly related to vegetation, so if everything else was top notch, he could have been "completely blown away".

This is so silly.

Maybe.... perhaps... possibly... could be..... might OMG Please STOP!
I need some certitude, CDPR! Right now!

Jupiter_on_Mars

SpeedTree is strictly related to vegetation, so if everything else was top notch, he could have been "completely blown away".

This is so silly.

I know what SpeedTree is for.
To me his phrasing seemed to suggest he'd been shown the final version, but of course that's just a wild guess.

To me his phrasing seemed to suggest he'd been shown the final version, but of course that's just a wild guess.

We shouldn't be too nitpicky on what REDs say, I feel like it discourages them from posting. What one person finds as "blowing them away", it might not be the case for another. Or maybe he just said it to hype us up a bit more, since REDs enjoy doing that. A lot.

Anyhow, just under 13 days to go until E3. It's very close now, and we shall see with our very own eyes if all the hype was worth it.

'em SpeedTree guys screwed this one a little bit.

But nice to know they used this program for the vegetation, since it looked incredibly well since the very first trailers. As a CG casual, I guess I've got to scrap VUE for tree exports- that technology has went pretty far ahead of it.

Top Bottom