E3 2014: CDProjekt's PR strategy

+

E3 2014: CDProjekt's PR strategy

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Do you think they'll announce the final launch date at E3?

Well February is pretty much close enough, whether it's February 3rd, 17th or 31st.. It's not really going to matter that much.

They might be a little skeptical about putting down a specific day though. There's been a number of games get delayed from late 2014 to 2015, so it's possible you could end up with a very busy Q1 & it would absolutely suck for them to announce a release date & then say, The Order 1886, announces its release date & it's in the same week or still somewhat close.

Other games will probably be putting down their dates at E3, so I'd say the sensible thing to do would be to wait to see what day the other Games go with & then make an announcement sometime after E3 with a specific date & show what goodies are going to be in the Retail/Collector's/GOG Editions (Although most Devs wait till about 3-6 Months before release before showing their Collector's Editions, so maybe they might even wait a bit longer, like Gamescom or something).

What about revealing the system requirements? Do you think that is possible? Maybe a little after E3?

It would be nice to hear about Cyberpunk again it's been more then a year now since teaser trailer.

We better keep an eye out for any secret messages in trailers then. Because I doubt they will announce something while still working hard on TW3.

It would actually be nice to just hear more about anything CDPRED's working at at all to be honest, remember the smaller project they once said would be revealed or announced "next week"? lol

But the whole point of the delay was to leave enough time for optimisation, so it might be quite risky for them to announce the requirements and the exact release date.

Last edited:

Jupiter_on_Mars

But the whole point of the delay was to leave enough time for optimisation, so it might be quite risky for them to announce the requirements and the exact release date.

I don't recall them mentioning optimisation though it could indeed be filed under the general «polishing» label they used. And I agree: at this point It seems wiser to announce a tangible release dare rather than tie themselves to system requirements which might eventually prove miscalculated.

I suppose it depends on whether or not pre-orders can be cancelled, and whether or not they're actually taking money. But pre-order for PC without details of the required specs seems a little risky. I haven't been in that situation in the past - is it commonplace?

I suppose it depends on whether or not pre-orders can be cancelled, and whether or not they're actually taking money. But pre-order for PC without details of the required specs seems a little risky. I haven't been in that situation in the past - is it commonplace?

No it is not, they always have atleast some projected system requirements, especially when it comes to games that are fairly demanding.
As of this moment, we have next to nothing when it comes to guessing TW3 requirements.
Also, did CD Projekt not state that pre-orders starting and requirements being posted would happen at the same time?

Also, did CD Projekt not state that pre-orders starting and requirements being posted would happen at the same time?

No, they stated the release date would be announced with the pre-orders. But then the delay happened, so I reckon their plans changed in that regard.

No, they stated the release date would be announced with the pre-orders. But then the delay happened, so I reckon their plans changed in that regard.

Hmm, I see, I really hope that they give some estimate as to what is needed for the game if pre-orders are to pop up soon.

Depends how they do it. Batman Arkham Knight for example opened up pre-orders 2 months ago, so about ~6 months before release. However they never announced a Collector's Edition & what's in it.
Most games open their pre-orders about 6 months before release too.

So at E3 TW3 would still be 8 months away, so it might be a little early to announce pre-orders, perhaps Gamescom might actually be a better time. It's just hard for us fans, because with the delay & following the game so closely, the wait for everything (From pre-orders to footage) seems much more extended than it should be.

Depends how they do it. Batman Arkham Knight for example opened up pre-orders 2 months ago, so about ~6 months before release. However they never announced a Collector's Edition & what's in it.
Most games open their pre-orders about 6 months before release too.

Pre-orders were planned for somewhere in April, when their release window was Fall. Now that it's pushed to February I'd say it's a safe bet that pre-orders will start around E3. Iwinski also said that all the editions of the games will be announced with the pre-orders (that includes CEs).
Of course this might have changed in the meantime, but this is all the info we have for now.

Pre-orders were planned for somewhere in April when their release window was Fall. Now that it's pushed to February I'd say it's a safe bet that pre-orders will start around E3. Iwinski also said that all the editions of the games will be announced with the pre-orders (that includes CEs).
Of course this might have changed in the meantime, but this is all the info we have for now.

Yea I'm hoping for this, not to mention that someone also said in an interview earlier in the year that the Contents of the retail/collector's edition was already being manufactured, so they've clearly already got it all sorted, it was just the delay that muffed all that. However who knows, I don't want to explode from hype if we get too much during E3 ;)

Sometimes I also wonder what it must be like for @Marcin Momot to read these discussions. He's probably sitting there right now, laughing at just how wrong we are, or grinning his little face off.

Pre-orders were planned for somewhere in April, when their release window was Fall. Now that it's pushed to February I'd say it's a safe bet that pre-orders will start around E3. Iwinski also said that all the editions of the games will be announced with the pre-orders (that includes CEs).

The question is, does that mean we will be getting some sort of requirement with that.
There are a lot of people waiting on pulling the trigger on a new pc/parts depending on the requirements of the game, it would be risky to pre-order without knowing.

Top Bottom