E3 2014: CDProjekt's PR strategy

+

E3 2014: CDProjekt's PR strategy

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
and the 45min gameplay demo? day 2? theres gonna be a CDPR showcase or not?

Like some earlier said, that 45 minute sitting is press only behind closed doors, we will not see it.
Otherwise the game will still pop up over at IGN and Gamespot I believe for sessions that will probably be similar to the one on Twitch and Spike.
Seeing that I think that we can talk about CD Projekt strategy for E3 overall.

They started with an amazing trailer, came with some public footage yesterday and a repeat of that at several sites and with the press sitting there will be a lot of glowing previews to come. I would say that makes for some effective marketing.

Jupiter_on_Mars

Like some earlier said, that 45 minute sitting is press only behind closed doors, we will not see it.
Otherwise the game will still pop up over at IGN and Gamespot I believe for sessions that will probably be similar to the one on Twitch and Spike.
Seeing that I think that we can talk about CD Projekt strategy for E3 overall.

They started with an amazing trailer, came with some public footage yesterday and a repeat of that at several sites and with the press sitting there will be a lot of glowing previews to come. I would say that makes for some effective marketing.

I will repeat the question.

Given what you've watched, do you believe TW3 has a chance at winning nearly as many best-of-show E3 awards as last year? If not, do you believe that will in any way impact how development proceeds?

Regarding their PR strategy, it seems to me the trailer, with its shortcomings, was more exciting than the gameplay. A proper crescendo would have required them to build up and finish off with something at the peak of expressiveness. I'm keeping my fingers crossed: that 45 minute demo better blow journalists minds.

I will repeat the question.

Given what you've watched, do you believe TW3 has a chance at winning nearly as many best-of-show E3 awards as last year? If not, do you believe that will in any way impact how development proceeds?

Regarding their PR strategy, it seems to me the trailer, with its shortcomings, was more exciting than the gameplay. A proper crescendo would have required them to build up and finish off with something at the peak of expressiveness. I'm keeping my fingers crossed: that 45 minute demo better blow journalists minds.

They have the time to show the journalists a selected 45 minute session of the game. They do not need to rush and thus can show of many amazing moments and features. Knowing that I think that there will be dozens of extremely positieve previews and such. There is a good change that TW3 will get a lot of awards based on all that, so no worries needed press wise.

Regarding the trailer, yeah two swords was one heck of an amazing tool to create hype and that gameplay kind of killed it a fair bit imo. It seems like far from the ideal way to end the coverage but so be it. Reading some of the game forums that I visit it would seem that there is a bit of a negative backlash seeing the gameplay . Though that could simply be because of the trailers created a picture that was just not possible (that applies to me).

If press can get 45 min. I think that WE the people (the gamers) who will actually BUY their game unlike press who will get it for free anyway deserve at least 10-15 min. gameplay demo.

If demo is so good that it will blow press's minds than why they don't release one third of it to 'unwashed barbarian gamers unworthy of any extent gameplay footage' and by doing that they will kill two birds with one stone:

Press has their fucking exclusivity to feast on and gamers are reassured that everything is awesome and fine.

Logic.That's all. -.-

While I do agree that it would be welcome to have a longer and non rushed gameplay showing it seems like that is just not in the cards.
CD Projekt also needs the attention of the press and that means offering them something to write about.
The fans may end up buying the game but the word needs to be spread and giving the press that showing will do just that.
It is disappointing but there is logic behind it.

CHARLES DANCE SUPRISE GUEST GET HYPE

They must be doing something right in the PR department, as The Witcher 3 is in top 3 selling games on Steam for like 5 days now (bested only by early access games), and it hasn't even been released yet.
Collector's editions on all 3 platforms are long gone as well, as far as I know.

Press is waiting for news about a game that might shock some markets. They can asume that what the'll se is just a taste of a whole game creation.

Followers are f____g waiting for a game we can play hours and hours, enjoying every corner round, every Geralt's grunt tracking a monster, every gentle mouse moving, every click.pad-keyboard combination and a long, long etc.....

So NO, It's no logical having this sort of jealousy of press' behind doors demo, because press will not be the unique and real critic of the game as we, the gamers, but the just messenger.

Ok so you guys DO NOT WANT longer gameplay videos ? Ok,whatever suits you.It's just that IMO that's the same like thristy guy refusing water or poor guy refusing money.It's....weird.

Also as I said...COMPROMISE.Press gets fucking 45 MINUTES (that's duration of one whole school class in my country,probably the most interesting class ever it would be :D) and we get THRID of it (15 min.).They HAVE exclusivity we get SOME gameplay.We HAPPY they HAPPY.

WIN-WIN.

But I guess some just like to live in the dark.Well ignorance is NOT bless in my humble opinion.

Regarding yesterdays Sony conference - Had to throw up a little in my mouth everytime one of the suits on stage mentioned 'PS4 exclusivity' or 'PS4 exclusive content'.
Makes you appreciate CDPRED's commitment to deliver the exact same content to all platforms, without any 'exclusivity' strings attached, so much more.

I salute you.

Ok so you guys DO NOT WANT longer gameplay videos ? Ok,whatever suits you.It's just that IMO that's the same like thristy guy refusing water or poor guy refusing money.It's....weird.

Also as I said...COMPROMISE.Press gets fucking 45 MINUTES (that's duration of one whole school class in my country,probably the most interesting class ever it would be :D) and we get THRID of it (15 min.).They HAVE exclusivity we get SOME gameplay.We HAPPY they HAPPY.

WIN-WIN.

But I guess some just like to live in the dark.Well ignorance is NOT bless in my humble opinion.

OH! That's innocent rage of youth! I want it now, I take it now How I envy you... Sorry, I'm to old for this high-speed-technolgy-lifestyle....

That brief moment of total flabbergastment(?) on the host after being told the platforms.

It's probably because of the way the dev finished the list. It was as if he was still going to say something else, he didn't change the tone of his voice like you normally would when you finish a list.
(Hopefully you get what I mean :p)

I get ya, but for me it clearly sounded as if he was done after "XBox One".
Maybe the host was expecting the Wii U or something to be included in the list of "all the major platforms".

He was probably hearing info about what's coming up next at the same time in his ear. If you've ever tried really focusing on something while talking on the phone, you'll understand.

In the end it's nothing really, and certainly nothing to rack one's brain about too much.
't was just a little unexpected reaction some people might have got a good little chuckle out of.

Top Bottom