E3 2015?

+
No. This date is without a doubt going to be the final one. CDPR will not want to delay again. It's bad for business and shakes confidence in their product. It will release before E3.

Forum veteran
Same here, I expect TW3 to be delayed until october 2015 in a few months time. It is clear that the scope of the project is catching up to them and despite saying no more delays another one was needed, so yes, E3 2015 will probably have TW3 at it.

I really really hope that this wont happen, another delay cant happen.

Last edited:

Mohasz

Forum veteran
Could happen, we never know, although I believe May 19th is the final date now. Well, if not, they could at least bring a hands-on demo to E3 to prove the game isn't a mess and they really just want to polish and release it in the best state possible.

The game should be out by then, but we might still see a Witcher 3 presence at e3 2015. They will most assuredly have post-launch support, in the form of both patches and content updates. Who knows now if the free DLC stuff that was planned will just be included on launch day or will also be spread out post-launch. There's also a strong likelihood of them having a paid DLC expansion post-launch, but even with the delays I wouldn't expect to get anything concrete about that till the end of 2015.

What I'm hoping for is that TW3 launches successfully and it's presence at e3 2015 is more of a formality (Panel talks, show off stats, tease upcoming content, ect...) but the bulk of their e3 presence will be focused on Cyberpunk 2077. We haven't heard anything concrete about that game for a very long time, probably because it's still early since they're focused on TW3 but mostly because they said they wouldn't talk about the game fully until TW3 launched so that they don't get side-tracked.

i think the new release date is the final one..................but if not............i would have a reason to be excited for E3 because....

They admitted to rushing the assumed release date in February so we'll just have to hope they didn't make the same mistake once again with this one.
I prefer that they broke their promise of no further delays rather than release the game unfinished, but their word unfortunately doesn't count for that much anymore.

I prefer that they broke their promise of no further delays rather than release the game unfinished, but their word unfortunately doesn't count for that much anymore.

It's somewhat true, though I find no ill will in breaking that promise, but rather initial over optimistic attitude with too much confidence in ones abilities. It could happen to anyone. In IT and software development it's a disease, since there is no easy way of telling how much resources are needed to achieve expected goals (it's a very human resources based business, and someone who read "Death March" or "The Mythical Man-Month" should know how unreliabe and hard it is to manage such things). Majority of IT Projects is delayed or lacking (not meeting requirements) at the deadline and the testing part is always one of the most costly. IMO, It's no different in the case of the gaming industry.

Last edited:
They may be at E3 to show the game off even after release, but I doubt it will be delayed again. I'm hoping maybe they show some Cyberpunk stuff at E3 or talk about it some.

It's somewhat true, though I find no ill will in breaking that promise, but rather initial over optimistic attitude with too much confidence in ones abilities. It could happen to anyone. In IT and software development it's a disease, since there is no easy way of telling how much resources are needed to achieve expected goals (it's a very human resources based business, and someone who read "Death March" or "The Mythical Man-Month" should know how unreliabe and hard it is to manage such things). Majority of IT Projects is delayed or lacking (not meeting requirements) at the deadline and the testing part is always one of the most costly. IMO, It's no different in the case of the gaming industry.

Which is the reason they shouldn't have made a specific date when they knew there was a very good chance they wouldn't be able to keep it.
Would've preferred if they had just said Q1-Q2 2015.

Which is the reason they shouldn't have made a specific date when they knew there was a very good chance they wouldn't be able to keep it.
Would've preferred if they had just said Q1-Q2 2015.

True dat, but there are also stakeholders, other than gamers (like shareholders and partners), that must be taken into account. Huge disparity and uncertainity isn't something welcomed when conducting business.

Edit: Also I'm pretty sure they were eager to meet the specific date and were confident that they could do it. Only lately they probably came to a realization that the game requires additional work (due to much bigger scale than expected, for a such small studio) and that there are very slim chances of meeting the date.

Last edited:

Tuchi

Forum veteran
i dno't want this game out a single day, a single SECOND,before they can releasete EXACTLY as they showed it in the first trailer OR better. if i have to wait till next october,even february 2016 if i have to i will, but i want THAT quality. this game is too important i will NOT accept another downgrade

Same here, I expect TW3 to be delayed until october 2015 in a few months time. It is clear that the scope of the project is catching up to them and despite saying no more delays another one was needed, so yes, E3 2015 will probably have TW3 at it.

Yeah, seems reasonable. I'll have confidence in their release date when they finally answer all those alchemy questions we've been asking for months...

It was a risk to delay it the first time, it was very bad (business wise) to delay it a 2nd time and it would be totally stupid to delay it a third time so I think E3 2015 will have a bit of cyberpunk if anything out of CDPR as I don't think they would risk delaying it again.

Top Bottom