E3 2018 and Beyond- What I think will happen

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Snowflakez;n10201872 said:
The trailer will just be a copy of the original, with different hidden text and a different song. Does that help prevent your heart attack?

hey, CDPR is run by smart people.

Last edited:
A twitter account got ’activated’, meaning there might be news or ’hints’ of news somewhere in the future. Don’t go mental.

Last edited:
kofeiiniturpa;n10202112 said:
A twitter account got ’activated’, meaning there might news or ’hints’ of news somewhere in the future. Don’t go mental.

True, but the fact that they've chosen to activate it now and not, say, 6 months from now, is worth getting excited about.

CDPR does very few things for no reason. They knew exactly the sort of impact this tweet would have on everybody. They're counting on it, I'm sure.

Snowflakez;n10201972 said:
In other news, if this means something, looks like you chose a good time to stop lurking. :p
Something is happening. True that it might be soon, or it might happen in a few months or years. :))

It feels weird to be so active when I like to observe more.

if it were me, it showed the continuation of the teaser, and then announces a gameplay or a trailer of the synopsis

kofeiiniturpa;n10202112 said:
A twitter account got ’activated’, meaning there might be news or ’hints’ of news somewhere in the future. Don’t go mental.

Except that it's not necessary to make a post to "activate" a twitter account. Simply login in is enough to activate an account. This is definitely something.

Lisbeth_Salander;n10203442 said:
Except that it's not necessary to make a post to "activate" a twitter account. Simply login in is enough to activate an account. This is definitely something.

The account got active was my meaning; that somebody started using it.

It is definitely something, but my head ain’t quite exploding yet from a playful ”We’re here” mark.

The wait continues.

You'll all excuse me if I find your excitement at the activation of a Twitter account amusing.
If not ... tough ... it still is.

Lisbeth_Salander;n10203442 said:

What makes it interesting is that today is exactly 5 years after the trailer (Jan 10 2013). Maybe another trailer of some sort is coming in a few hours? Or it is nothing after all. :)

Suhiira;n10204462 said:
You'll all excuse me if I find your excitement at the activation of a Twitter account amusing.
If not ... tough ... it still is.

What Lis said. CDPR ain't stupid, Su, you should know that better than anyone. They did this on purpose, and it wasn't for the lulz. They have something in the pipeline.

I'm not crapping my pants in excitement or anything, but I refuse to believe this was done "just because".

All of that said, everyone's reaction IS damn amusing, so laugh away. I'm certainly not offended. :p Today is a slow news day, so it didn't surprise me to see some outlets pick this up - but one headline made me laugh out loud. VG247 said something like "CP2077 twitter says *beep*, internet sh*ts the bed".

Last edited:
Snowflakez;n10205092 said:
What Lis said. CDPR ain't stupid, Su, you should know that better than anyone. They did this on purpose, and it wasn't for the lulz. They have something in the pipeline.

I'm not crapping my pants in excitement or anything, but I refuse to believe this was done "just because".

All of that said, everyone's reaction IS damn amusing, so laugh away. I'm certainly not offended. :p Today is a slow news day, so it didn't surprise me to see some outlets pick this up - but one headline made me laugh out loud. VG247 said something like "CP2077 twitter says *beep*, internet sh*ts the bed".

I'm pretty sure the *beep* tweet is not related to the 5 year aniversary of the teaser trailer because of the fact that CDPR could have simply tweeted instead something like "happy 5 year teaser trailer anniversary guys."

CDPR surelly knew what our reaction would be with an umbiguous tweet such as *beep*, which is exactly what is happening now, people are growing interest with the game. /r/cyberpunkgame has over 800 online users with the tweet post reaching 1000 upvotes. The tweet itself has 21.000 likes. Not to mention the multiple headlines in gaming sites.

CDPR said that they were gonna use a strategy like Bethesda did with Fallout 4 and guess what bethesda did? They "warmed up" the gamers a few months before the announcement at E3, in other words, Bethesda put a giant valt with a countdown in their site. Something that worked, since that was the goal, to prepare your ways of communication through attention right before the major announcement. You gotta make sure your means of reaching your demographic are ready. Marketing 101.

So here is what CDPR is doing in my opinion: they're preparing their ways of communication because there is a major announcement coming.

Another thing that prooves my point is their silence before today, it was a marketing strategy to not generate unnecessary attention.

This tweet is huge, no matter how you look at it. Because if you do it, and its not something important, it makes zero sense and the backlash is risky.

As It's been said, they aren't stupid, and this isn't just a proof of life, they had 4 years for that. And people in general did push them all this time into saying at least something, but they refused as hard as they could, kept the account dead on purpose with no good reason other than hyping this very same moment. They could've posted random cyberpunk stuff or interviews mike had over the years, articles from media, and they didn't at all.

Lisbeth_Salander;n10205362 said:
I'm pretty sure the *beep* tweet is not related to the 5 year aniversary of the teaser trailer because of the fact that CDPR could have simply tweeted instead something like "happy 5 year teaser trailer anniversary guys."

CDPR surelly knew what our reaction would be with an umbiguous tweet such as *beep*, which is exactly what is happening now, people are growing interest with the game. /r/cyberpunkgame has over 800 online users with the tweet post reaching 1000 upvotes. The tweet itself has 21.000 likes. Not to mention the multiple headlines in gaming sites.

CDPR said that they were gonna use a strategy like Bethesda did with Fallout 4 and guess what bethesda did? They "warmed up" the gamers a few months before the announcement at E3, in other words, Bethesda put a giant valt with a countdown in their site. Something that worked, since that was the goal, to prepare your ways of communication through attention right before the major announcement. You gotta make sure your means of reaching your demographic are ready. Marketing 101.

So here is what CDPR is doing in my opinion: they're preparing their ways of communication because there is a major announcement coming.

Another thing that prooves my point is their silence before today, it was a marketing strategy to not generate unnecessary attention.

Geralt_of_bsas;n10205502 said:
This tweet is huge, no matter how you look at it. Because if you do it, and its not something important, it makes zero sense and the backlash is risky.

As It's been said, they aren't stupid, and this isn't just a proof of life, they had 4 years for that. And people in general did push them all this time into saying at least something, but they refused as hard as they could, kept the account dead on purpose with no good reason other than hyping this very same moment. They could've posted random cyberpunk stuff or interviews mike had over the years, articles from media, and they didn't at all.

Absolutely, to all of this.

Well, if someone hacked the account, they would have said so by now, so I guess it is happening.

Now, how fast is anyone's guess.Will the tweets be a monthly thing? Weekly? Bi-weekly?

Only time will tell..

Snowflakez;n10205092 said:
Excuse me if I wait till they actually say or show something before getting excited.

A tweet saying "*beep*" will probably lose its news value after a few days if nothing happens. Maybe it was just a joke, and not part of a marketing campaign after all. In 2013, it was clearly announced that a teaser was to be released soon.

sv3672;n10214242 said:
A tweet saying "*beep*" will probably lose its news value after a few days if nothing happens. Maybe it was just a joke, and not part of a marketing campaign after all. In 2013, it was clearly announced that a teaser was to be released soon.

we going to have something tonight, r-right guys?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom