E3 2018 and Beyond- What I think will happen

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Suhiira;n10208082 said:
Excuse me if I wait till they actually say or show something before getting excited.

You can do whatever you please. But nobody else is lesser because they're taking this the way they feel it was intended.

Companies like CDPR don't troll their customers. They are doing something. You don't have to know what it is, you don't have to get excited, and you can deny it... but something has to be coming. Whether it's 3 months from now or until e3, nobody knows. I'm not losing my sh*t over it or anything.

Lisbeth_Salander;n10214452 said:
we going to have something tonight, r-right guys?
pax south is this weekend. it could be a coincidence, but if it isn't, if they follow up with anything sunday is the latest I expect it. otherwise I'm not sure what the point of the tweet was..

lord_blex;n10217292 said:
pax south is this weekend. it could be a coincidence, but if it isn't, if they follow up with anything sunday is the latest I expect it. otherwise I'm not sure what the point of the tweet was..

Darn, I'd forgotten about Pax. I live in the same city, I should have bought tickets.

lord_blex;n10217292 said:

Well the point was to kick the hornet's nest, which considering the huge number of likes, retweets, and headlines on websites, I'd say the mission was accomplished.

The tempo they will be going at for this could be slower than people would hope though.

Meccanical;n10218102 said:
Well the point was to kick the hornet's nest

but so far they have been very careful not to kick it. if they have nothing to show at this time then why would that change?

lord_blex;n10218382 said:
but so far they have been very careful not to kick it. if they have nothing to show at this time then why would that change?

I agree with you, they are definitely getting ready to do something, it's just the matter of when. It doesn't necessarily have to be immediate.

In other news, the account just got verified. So yeah, they are up to something.

Meccanical;n10218392 said:
I agree with you, they are definitely getting ready to do something, it's just the matter of when. It doesn't necessarily have to be immediate.

If the tweet was intended to mean something, it would make sense to follow up with some real information, pictures or teaser relatively soon, like in a few days or a week. Even if there was a lot of interest at first, it will quickly be written off as insignificant if nothing happens. After all, it could very well have been just a *beep*, and whoever posted it may have fun seeing the reaction from the community. :)

I'm concerned based off this new rumor

A youtuber that goes by legacykillaHD or some crap like that, said someone at Sony leaked him info that CDPR gave Sony a tech demo of the city we will be playing in and it is partly done. He was told the game is 1-2 years from being complete and now CDPR can focus on missions, the writing, gameplay, ect.

Is this seriously all the cyberpunk team has been working on, is creating the world? What has that supposedly new gameplay team specifically hired for this game been working on? Have the writers been doing nothing all this time? Do they seriously not have any missions or main story complete yet?

And wasn't there a very recent job listing where CDPR needs a humanoid artist? Do they really not have any humans or characters put in the world yet? I thought for sure they would have already created all the faction leader npc's, the main character, all the important main story npc's, the androids, ect. What in the world is going on?

My main concern is, and they did this for witcher 3, they create the world and then they tell the designers to plop stuff down into the world and place something every 100 yards or something. I HATE this. I think it should coincide with the making of the world, not when the city is completely done being made by the artists. It implies to me, we'll be getting a lot of mindless stuff like clearing out enemy camps and liberating areas every couple hundred yards.

I am very concerned if this rumor is true.

immessingaround;n10230382 said:
A youtuber that goes by legacykillaHD or some crap like that, said someone at Sony leaked him info that CDPR gave Sony a tech demo of the city we will be playing in and it is partly done. He was told the game is 1-2 years from being complete and now CDPR can focus on missions, the writing, gameplay, ect.

Is this seriously all the cyberpunk team has been working on, is creating the world? What has that supposedly new gameplay team specifically hired for this game been working on? Have the writers been doing nothing all this time? Do they seriously not have any missions or main story complete yet?

And wasn't there a very recent job listing where CDPR needs a humanoid artist? Do they really not have any humans or characters put in the world yet? I thought for sure they would have already created all the faction leader npc's, the main character, all the important main story npc's, the androids, ect. What in the world is going on?

My main concern is, and they did this for witcher 3, they create the world and then they tell the designers to plop stuff down into the world and place something every 100 yards or something. I HATE this. I think it should coincide with the making of the world, not when the city is completely done being made by the artists. It implies to me, we'll be getting a lot of mindless stuff like clearing out enemy camps and liberating areas every couple hundred yards.

I am very concerned if this rumor is true.

Believe nothing unless it comes from CDPR themselves. Rumors are rumors, and YouTubers (no offense, Madqueen!) are notorious for blowing things out of proportion or skewing information to pump up their clicks and view counts.

Don't worry about it, that video is full of bad assumptions, its not true at all. For example, cd projekt starts working on a game by developing story, in fact there is a video on youtube from few years ago, when one of the programmers is talking about knowing the ending of the game (lot of stuff has changed since so story might have as well,)

Last edited:

Guest 4149880

LegacykillaHD is some 20 year old kid who makes youtube videos for games he likes, that's it. There is no proof anyone with actual information in the video game industry is talking to this guy and he has certainly not given that proof either.

Did you know people can make a lot of money hyping games up for 3 or 4 years with weekly videos until the game comes out only to find out 90% of their content was bullsh*t speculation. Yeah

The idea that a Sony employee is giving him inside information about CDPR giving Sony a test demo for the ps4 is strange to begin with. Development kits for ps4/console hardware spec would and should have been in place internally at CDPR long before now, so this rumor is dumb.

A dev kit for a possible ps5 would make much more sense, lets wait and see if that's the next "Factual source leak" buy Sony CEO talking to less then known youtubers.

So this rumor suggests that CDPR is somehow only working on Cyberpunk from their computers without any knowledge of console specs and don't know if its going to work on consoles at this point in development, so they have to send Sony test demos to make sure it works? No, I'm not buying it, that's ridiculous.

I'm rather getting very annoyed from all this youtube speculation that has everyone clearly contradicting themselves and others, and very clearly just making sh*t up. It leads to CDPR having to defend themselves when no one has 100% facts on anything.

Just look at the speculation on social media alone, and youtubers are no different, they just jump on the latest news buzz and run with it.

Trust me, when CDPR want you to know, you will know. Currently all they want you to know is *beep*, but youtubers want you to believe they know the current state of the game. Don't buy into it.

I wouldn't worry about CDPR developing the game. They have proven themselves time and again, so until there's reason to doubt them, don't. At least I'm not going to worry right now. The future of CDPR is now resting on this game, and they have the original creator himself at the helm. Its the opportunity of a lifetime, I'm sure they're not going to start slacking now.

Last edited by a moderator:
BeastModeIron;n10230662 said:
LegacykillaHD is some 20 year old kid who makes youtube videos for games he likes, that's it. There is no proof anyone with actual information in the video game industry is talking to this guy and he has certainly not given that proof either.

Did you know people can make a lot of money hyping games up for 3 or 4 years with weekly videos until the game comes out only to find out 90% of their content was bullsh*t speculation. Yeah

The idea that a Sony employee is giving him inside information about CDPR giving Sony a test demo for the ps4 is strange to begin with. Development kits for ps4/console hardware spec would and should have been in place internally at CDPR long before now, so this rumor is dumb.

A dev kit for a possible ps5 would make much more sense, lets wait and see if that's the next "Factual source leak" buy Sony CEO talking to less then known youtubers.

So this rumor suggests that CDPR is somehow only working on Cyberpunk from their computers without any knowledge of console specs and don't know if its going to work on consoles at this point in development, so they have to send Sony test demos to make sure it works? No, I'm not buying it, that's ridiculous.

I'm rather getting very annoyed from all this youtube speculation that has everyone clearly contradicting themselves and others, and very clearly just making sh*t up. It leads to CDPR having to defend themselves when no one has 100% facts on anything.

Just look at the speculation on social media alone, and youtubers are no different, they just jump on the latest news buzz and run with it.

Trust me, when CDPR want you to know, you will know. Currently all they want you to know is *beep*, but youtubers want you to believe they know the current state of the game. Don't buy into it.

I wouldn't worry about CDPR developing the game. They have proven themselves time and again, so until there's reason to doubt them, don't. At least I'm not going to worry right now. The future of CDPR is now resting on this game, and they have the original creator himself at the helm. Its the opportunity of a lifetime, I'm sure they're not going to start slacking now.

Yep, pretty much this. The "story" is already getting picked up by the crappy, regurgitate-news-2-weeks-after-it-comes-out "gaming news" sites.

Tarathelion;n10230482 said:
Don't worry about it, that video is full of bad assumptions, its not true at all. For example, cd projekt starts working on a game by developing story, in fact there is a video on youtube from few years ago, when one of the programmers is talking about knowing the ending of the game (lot of stuff has changed since so story might have as well,)

Does the programmer know the end? He said spoiler lol

Will this game only have one finale? and not several like the witcher?

Look, this information is important.

Guest 4149880

Snowflakez;n10230922 said:
Yep, pretty much this. The "story" is already getting picked up by the crappy, regurgitate-news-2-weeks-after-it-comes-out "gaming news" sites.

Yeah, lousy game website news, based on repeated rumors from youtube repeat rumors from other youtubes that started false rumors that they made up. Its getting out of hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom