E3 2018 and Beyond- What I think will happen

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lisbeth_Salander;n10256762 said:
Am I going nuts or was this already there before? In Cyberpunk 2077 IMDB page there is the following:

"Cyberpunk 2077 Storyline: One Individual is set in the metropolis of Night City. He tries to get out of the gutter, where he was raised, and survives amongst booster-gangs and mega-corporations in a city that filth and sin are part of the daily life."

It sounds very similar to that one bit from one of the early interviews, which makes me believe that it's just a fan edit by someone who let himself be carried away by the hype "beep".

Guest 4149880

Lisbeth_Salander;n10256762 said:
"Cyberpunk 2077 Storyline: One Individual is set in the metropolis of Night City. He tries to get out of the gutter, where he was raised, and survives amongst booster-gangs and mega-corporations in a city that filth and sin are part of the daily life."

Snowflakez;n10257072 said:
Ah, okay. Most definitely a load of crap, then.

Yeah, doesn't even sound like a legit introduction for the world of Cyberpunk, more like someone with the bare minimum amount of knowledge of the games setting simply spouting false information. A true Cyberpunk video game adaptation of the PnP isn't one man with one story. Pondsmith says all classes are in, therefore many different stories for many different roles.

Shavod;n10257122 said:
It sounds very similar to that one bit from one of the early interviews, which makes me believe that it's just a fan edit by someone who let himself be carried away by the hype "beep".

It was you, we get it.

Snowflakez;n10257232 said:
More likely it was you.

It looks like someone is finally putting things together... Haven't you wondered who was behind the hacked files and ramsom against CDPR? Or who was responsible for the leaks and numerous sources in Young Yea controversial video? Or the more recent rumor about CP2077 demo being handled to sony? Wonder no more because it was me behind it all.

Now I can say to you that we'll get a 16 minutes of Cyberpunk 2077 gameplay at this year E3.

Snowflakez;n10257232 said:
More likely it was you.

Lisbeth_Salander;n10257302 said:
It looks like someone is finally putting things together... Haven't you wondered who was behind the hacked files and ramsom against CDPR? Or who was responsible for the leaks and numerous sources in Young Yea controversial video? Or the more recent rumor about CP2077 demo being handled to sony? Wonder no more because it was me behind it all.

Now I can say to you that we'll get a 16 minutes of Cyberpunk 2077 gameplay at this year E3.

​​​​​​will have a trailer Wednesday, a week after the beep

E3 2018 and Beyond- What I think will happen

Hey all!!!! After that surprise *beep* on the Cyberpunk 2077 Twitter. I have been seeing rumors from multiple news articles talking about Sony having a demo for E3. There were also articles saying that the demo will be playable to a closed audience and that there will be a new trailer as well. Remember these are just rumors, but if true, I think I can roughly guess on what we can expect this year.

January- May: CDPR will set up the promotional campaign

May: The promotional campaign will be ready

June (E3 2018): Sony will take the stage. They will reveal all of their games from the developers while saving CDPR till the end. That way they will have the element of surprise. Then with a "We now have one more developer to present. Give it up for CDPR CEO Marcin Iwinski. Iwinski will take the stage and start to ramble to build suspense. He will say something like "In 2012 we revealed a new game, in 2013 we revealed a trailer for this game and then five years later, radio silence. But after five years and the help of your patience we are finally ready to reveal Cyberpunk 2077" There will be massive applause, followed by a new trailer, this time with gameplay. At the end of the trailer it will say Coming: January 2019. After that Iwinski will hand the mic over to Mike Pondsmith who will run through the demo. After the demo Pondsmith will thank CDPR, the audience and finish the show alongside Sony. After the show the closed audience will be able to play the demo

June- January 2019- CDPR will be getting Cyberpunk 2077 ready for release with heavy bug-fixing and the like. Then by January it will hit our shelves.

Mid 2019- 2020 (Maybe): If there are still bug-fixing issues come January it will be delayed anywhere from Mid 2019 til 2020

That just my guess. I think it fits nicely but I could be wrong. Maybe the rumors are false. What do you guys think?

I think they'll show it off at E3 2018 and release it in early 2019. That's about it, really.

Possibly we'll see additional hints between now and E3, but that's about it. The big stuff is probably coming at the actual convention.

Also, why wouldn't CDPR just have their own conference? Dunno if they'll show up under Sony's umbrella.

Snowflakez;n10256772 said:
Good question. Not actually sure. Could just be BS - can anyone edit IMDB listings?

Yes, anyone can. Also says it's starting the lead from the witcher which we know is not true.

Oh I know for a fact that more then half that is not true. :p

Snowflakez;n10257932 said:
I think they'll show it off at E3 2018 and release it in early 2019. That's about it, really.

Possibly we'll see additional hints between now and E3, but that's about it. The big stuff is probably coming at the actual convention.

Also, why wouldn't CDPR just have their own conference? Dunno if they'll show up under Sony's umbrella.

Who knows, we will have to see. It will be great anyway. That I can be sure of ;)

Draymar23;n10257882 said:
Hey all!!!! After that surprise *beep* on the Cyberpunk 2077 Twitter. I have been seeing rumors from multiple news articles talking about Sony having a demo for E3. There were also articles saying that the demo will be playable to a closed audience and that there will be a new trailer as well. Remember these are just rumors, but if true, I think I can roughly guess on what we can expect this year.

January- May: CDPR will set up the promotional campaign

May: The promotional campaign will be ready

June (E3 2018): Sony will take the stage. They will reveal all of their games from the developers while saving CDPR till the end. That way they will have the element of surprise. Then with a "We now have one more developer to present. Give it up for CDPR CEO Marcin Iwinski. Iwinski will take the stage and start to ramble to build suspense. He will say something like "In 2012 we revealed a new game, in 2013 we revealed a trailer for this game and then five years later, radio silence. But after five years and the help of your patience we are finally ready to reveal Cyberpunk 2077" There will be massive applause, followed by a new trailer, this time with gameplay. At the end of the trailer it will say Coming: January 2019. After that Iwinski will hand the mic over to Mike Pondsmith who will run through the demo. After the demo Pondsmith will thank CDPR, the audience and finish the show alongside Sony. After the show the closed audience will be able to play the demo

June- January 2019- CDPR will be getting Cyberpunk 2077 ready for release with heavy bug-fixing and the like. Then by January it will hit our shelves.

Mid 2019- 2020 (Maybe): If there are still bug-fixing issues come January it will be delayed anywhere from Mid 2019 til 2020

That just my guess. I think it fits nicely but I could be wrong. Maybe the rumors are false. What do you guys think?

Some things i disagree with.
They won't announce the release date at E3. Or I hope not because that means thy will just delay it if they do.
It could be in 2019 that i agree with. But it wont be in January of that year. You're just saying that because you want the game out as soon as possible. If they do release it Q1 of 2019 it could be around Feb or March. That's the closest. Normally big AAA games aren't released in January. It's very very rare.
It won't be in Sony's stage but Microsoft. Because they probably have a close relationship with them regarding the first time they showed TW3 at E3 it was in Microsoft's show not Sony's.

Dude i'm worried that if the rumors of privet demos for the press are true. That means just they will be able to see it. I remember that TW3 there was a time they just showed a closed demo to the press. It took some time for us to get a demo later. I hope this is not the case at this E3.

ChrisStayler;n10258062 said:
Dude i'm worried that if the rumors of privet demos for the press are true. That means just they will be able to see it. I remember that TW3 there was a time they just showed a closed demo to the press. It took some time for us to get a demo later. I hope this is not the case at this E3.

I actually don't have a problem with private demos. The problem I have is when its a very specific part of the gameplay that nobody else gets to see - I could care less as long as it's something we eventually see a 1-to-1 copy of, you know? How long it takes is immaterial to me.

I just really hate it when reporters get this exclusive access to footage us poor gamer peasants never get to see (and I say that as a journalist in the industry myself!).

I think you're right on one thing, that is mike pondsmith should be there. I think he should be the one to say something like "i give you cyberpunk". And also they will use the game awards as an event to reveal more, probably a huge long gameplay like death stranding got last month plus a possible release date then.

I think may 2019 is when this game is releasing. Strange enough, I think this is when we'll get the last of us 2 as well.

but they spoke last year that the marketing campaign is ready, so from January to May it does not exist

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom