E3 2018 demo/Deep dive video vs Final version (only PC version): are the differences so big?

+
Let's begin with the "infamous" E3 2018 demo/vertical slice:

(I'm not taking in consideration the Night city wires)

let's divide the demo by sections and let's look for differences.

1) SCAV HIDEOUT:

we can see in order

-cutscene in third person
-a better killing animation in the bathub
-a worst gunplay in act
-the rest is the same, even the broken wall and Jackie assaulting and punching the final scav (if you pick the stealth route)
-final cutscene with cool dialogue

result: the final version of this section is 90 % the same

2) V's apartment

-cutscene after-sex with an unknown guy
-we can see a better vendor machine and a display in the windows
-the aparment is the same as the final version anyway

3) Mega building

-the same as final game
-the punching robot is the same and the gym itself
-the gun shop has a different estetics but still, this is all in the final game
-no vending machine near the gunshop in the final version (not important)
- in the elevator there way more places (but we dont'see them)

4) Outdoor

- a different location for Jackie here
-a different location for Dexter too
-I prefere the pacing of this quest how it is in the final version, more natural.
-Dexter encounter
-a different and smaller dialogues with him but still, not important. The chip visual is different in the final but still, is it important?
-worst graphics of the demo in this section

5) Ripperdoc

-misty's shop > no big differences
-there is the cat!
-Victor's Clinic, no big differences, the only different thing is the cyberware UI. Dialogue almost the same (95%)
-Kiroshi optics scanner UI different here

6) cut content
-car chase scene (in the final version is suddenly after the Scav Hideout, with many differences)
-V starts the quest and it seems that Jackie is a companion before enter in the Maelstrom's hideout.

7) Meredith

-almost the same dialogue and scene
-the guy threating us, meredith speech this is all in the final version. Even the male corpo agent
-the only different thing is how Jackie acts during this part

8) Maelstrom's Hideout

-even here almost the same, Malestrom try to scare us
-same scene as the final release. Jackie is angry, we have to buy that bot
-Dum dum give us some "drugs" as the final
-Royce arrives, same dialoge maybe diffierent dialogue choices but same outcomes
-V decides to pay the bot with the militech shards, very smart choice for a reveal 'cause we can see the Royce boss fight (this is still in the final game)
-we have a different route here inside the "dungeon", this is not in the final game
-different view of tech ability in action (not in the game)
-here we can see a "Doom-like" gunplay scene, again for the show
-different hacking UI. more complicated and not functional in my opinion
--different places for many weapons, V climbs the wall with mantis: for the weapons it's ok this was for the show, the wall climbing is a cut content.
-Royce boss fight is similar but Jackie does not grab the car (missing animation).
- quest ends, meredith speaks with us almost same dialogue here.

In conclusion the pacing is almost the same and in the final how jackie acts and appears is way more better than here, my opinion
The final product looks better than the '18 demo, the problems come after this section 'cause they never showed us the "open world" mechanics and the statements with feature not in the game are in the website or in the night city wire

Deep dive video

in this demo we can see the quest called "I walk the line" and some frames from "tranmission". The whole video is based on show us the different approaches we can have during the gameplay

gameplay missing feature:
- hacking monowire (in the final release is only a blunt weapon)
- no gym equipment hacking (even the punching bot)
- no shortcuts for our hacks in the final, we can see this at 2.32 but still the final version has a better UI for quickhacks
-different Menu UI (as the previous demo, work in progress)
- V's model looks better and more animated
-different Attributes UI
-Sasquatch boss fight almost the same
-we can the actual hacking violation UI at 10:41

am I missing something?

let's focus on E3 video and deep dive

I only compared the shown footage with the sections in the final game

Missing feature from all footages:

-street creed dynamic value on clothes

(on going)

Last edited:
What the 2018 area also does. Is showcases the best aspects of the game. That they knew would hype up people. With very little looks after those areas. Destructible walls in levels is not a thing past that one area. Because that's when the details in dialog and branching got more simplified or doesn't exist. To finish the game faster. We have destructible cover. But that's easier to do. Than customize all buildings. The 2018 demo was used to give people the impression of the whole game will be like this. False advertisement argument. The mono wire change argument is fine. It loses a function. But wireless hacking replaces. But things tied to it are lost. Like the 3D map. This should have been kept. So that we can switch to a 3D map like in Metroid. To help us in multi leveled areas.

1) SCAV HIDEOUT:

we can see in order

-a worst gunplay in act
-the rest is the same, even the broken wall and Jackie assaulting and punching the final scav (if you pick the stealth route)

2) V's apartment

3) Mega building

-the same as final game

4) Outdoor

-I prefere the pacing of this quest how it is in the final version, more natural.
-Dexter encounter
-a different and smaller dialogues with him but still, not important. The chip visual is different in the final but still, is it important?

5) Ripperdoc

-there is the cat!
-Victor's Clinic, no big differences, the only different thing is the cyberware UI. Dialogue almost the same (95%)

6) cut content
-car chase scene (in the final version is suddenly after the Scav Hideout, with many differences)
-V starts the quest and it seems that Jackie is a companion before enter in the Maelstrom's hideout.

7) Meredith

-the guy threating us, meredith speech this is all in the final version. Even the male corpo agent

8) Maelstrom's Hideout

-Royce arrives, same dialoge maybe diffierent dialogue choices but same outcomes
-V decides to pay the bot with the militech shards, very smart choice for a reveal 'cause we can see the Royce boss fight (this is still in the final game)
-we have a different route here inside the "dungeon", this is not in the final game
--different places for many weapons, V climbs the wall with mantis: for the weapons it's ok this was for the show, the wall climbing is a cut content.
-Royce boss fight is similar but Jackie does not grab the car (missing animation).

In conclusion the pacing is almost the same and in the final how jackie acts and appears is way more better than here, my opinion
The final product looks better than the '18 demo, the problems come after this section 'cause they never showed us the "open world" mechanics and the statements with feature not in the game are in the website or in the night city wire

Deep dive video

in this demo we can see the quest called "I walk the line" and some frames from "tranmission". The whole video is based on show us the different approaches we can have during the gameplay

- no shortcuts for our hacks in the final, we can see this at 2.32 but still the final version has a better UI for quickhacks
-different Attributes UI

am I missing something?

yes, you are missing a few things
here is a list of everything missing

https://www.reddit.com/r/cyberpunkgame/comments/kcve8s

Have you read it?

The only time it comes anywhere close to making any sense is related to the performance, which I agree, CDPR messed up the release big time.

But inflating the issue with nonsense is nothing but a witch hunt.

yea this is the cut content promised, but the thread is about the two gameplay videos, and there is no mention of metro or ncart wagons for exemple,

Post automatically merged:

rwuzwku1z1661.png

this is the actual voice part of E3 demo and Deep Dive, if we only pick the footage without narrator the situation is not so worse than the release, the big problem is this discrepancy between narration and actual footage

Last edited:

1) SCAV HIDEOUT:

we can see in order

-a worst gunplay in act

2) V's apartment

3) Mega building

-the same as final game

4) Outdoor

-Dexter encounter

5) Ripperdoc

-there is the cat!

6) cut content

7) Meredith

8) Maelstrom's Hideout

Deep dive video

-different Attributes UI

am I missing something?

Good points, the thing is journalists made up loads of things out if air and twisted developers words so they could get more clicks on their article. I always said that from what I have looked back on and read like 95% of features are there as advertised at least if you listen to what devs say and only that.

That's the sad state gaming journalism is in and have been as far as i remember, maybe because it was born when the real journalism have pretty much died out already.

Maybe it's a good idea for companies like CDPR to create their own medium, connect it with GoG, try to create a new quality on the market, maybe work together with for example Rockstar on this.
Post automatically merged:

I would like to discuss this, i think the two videos are pretty clear? So let's tackle the reddit part as well, sorry OP if i disturb your thread.

- AMAZING AI that directs enemies during combat/patrol but also citizens and npcs' daily life (/r//comments/kbk4ap/the_ai_of_cyberpunk_2077_an_indepth_look_at_the/)​

The NPCs are doing stuff, moving around, it's definitely not automatic but a lot of this is hand tailored like said by devs. Not sure at which point this is false? They said they will improve on witcher 3 NPCs. "Amazing" is writers hyped conclusion.

Everything the dev said is 100% in the game. Cops are bribed by corporations, there is a wanted system.

-Immersive police involvment changing with the area where you commited the crime (https://www.usgamer.net/articles/cyberpunk-2077-producer-details-law-enforcement)​

Haven't tested it but from what I remember while driving around there is more police presence in some districts then in others so obviously you will have harder time to escape. Here we also have confirmation on the failed journalism on the issue above when asked how player can solve police sitting on his back and answer is only two options, fight or run for it.

- (half kept) in general, more interesting combat and hacking (
). Some examples are the ability to use your wire to hack people (
), hacking reveales information about the network, more interesting viruses to upload, more loot from hacked devices. DISCLAIMER: the changes here may be due entirely to balace issues and/or making the game better and more intuitive. I keep this as a promise "half kept" as the hacking system gets really boring really soon and doesn't even many abilities you can upgrade. The skill tree is filled with passive and all you do is press tab, pick whatever, kill, repeat. For a better explanation please read this: /r/cyberpunkgame/comments/kcve8s/promised_but_missing_feature_list_will_update/gfyly34?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

Very relative, in no case everyone would be pleased no matter how they would implement it. This is devs job to balance the game how they please. It's like saying you dislike color of the suit of Jackie, sorry but this is not a broken promise but balance and devs probably made right choice, we will never know this either.

- more interesting gameplay, for example: trauma team that plays a key role, freequent flying avs, ads that target the player point to the merchant that sells that product, merch could be pre-viewed before purchase (Source:
and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjF9GgrY9c0&feature=youtu.be&t=2531) NOTE: this section is by far the most oversimplied one. There are a number of minute key things I am not stating in this thread because I don't want to dilute it too much, i.e.: /r/cyberpunkgame/comments/kcve8s/promised_but_missing_feature_list_will_update/gfvxkxw?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

I see a lot of AVs flying. Trauma team... They do save a person in game and there is a lot of mentions of it in game. However, i don't know what would one want more about them? What can you possibly do more? You want them to show up and pick up people player killed? I wouldn't like that personally, it would interfere with my work.

Not sure if the ads are liked to what you buy, have anyone even tested this before speaking out?

- Strong RPG elements (https://wccftech.com/cyberpunk-2077...aying-experience-than-the-witcher-3-says-dev/). This was actually subject of lengthy debates in this thread, as some of you are happy with the "RPGness" of CP2077. Personally I have not seen a lot of elements that make a game an RPG, such as relevant checks (speech, perception... right now all we have are options to break a door or go around it), solid companions, defined power dynamics between factions and a general sense of progression achieved through meaningful upgrade to your character. The game right now is more akin to a shooter/looter with stats. Which is not "strong RPG element". Mind you, if you like it this way it's perfect, and I personally don't mind it too much. But the lack of RPG components does stay in the list as a promised not fulfilled. And no, madqueen, having 7 different finales that you get to choose doesn't make a looter/shooter an RPG.​

Nobody said strong RPG elements, but elements that are stronger then witcher 3. And they obviously are stronger, since you can create a heavily customized character in cp2077 so it's a lot more RPG then Witcher 3 was. The perks and skills are also a lot more in cp2077 so... 100% in the game!

They have a routine for sure, they do walk around and do stuff so I don't know whats this about really. Is it a 1000? Didint count them all.

- Quest decisions will have relevance in the world (https://onlysp.escapistmagazine.com/cyberpunk-2077-changes/)​

Depending how you complete quest you leave people dead, alive. The city changes depending on what choices you make, yes. Or did I miss something?

- (half kept) Meaningful day and night cycle (right now it's mainly cosmetic and doesn't impact the gameplay a lot, e.g.: you aren't more stealthy at night) as described in Exploring Cyberpunk's Night City with CD Projekt Red - Cyberpunk 2077 - Gamereactor but it does something, like opening and closing some venues (according to some, I am 200h in and venues are always open for me) and modifying some population density. I have not seen evidence of places being more dangerous at night. If you have please record a clip and send it over.​

Not sure I understand this, there is night and day in the game. Sneak should not be affected by night, that would be a design mistake.

100% in, read the article... The only part in this article that has been changed in final release is the use of flathead, it was supposed to be more extended.

- Use of drones for more than just some missions in the game (https://gamecrate.com/cyberpunk-2077-boxing-power-weapons-militech-spider-robot-and-more/23426)​

Yes, the flathead is only one mission currently. I think this might have something to do with DLC and robotics in general? Well, either way it's small thing.

- three different lifepaths and more that would actually have more impact than what we are getting now (Wall running and metro system are not the biggest thing to be cut out from the game. Its the plot : cyberpunkgame (reddit.com)) for a better description on why lifepaths are poorly implemented. this post (/r/cyberpunkgame/comments/kdmrju/the_corpo_life_path_makes_no_sense/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3) is a good example.​

Choosing a path gives 30 minutes of unique gameplay and during whole playthrough you get to choose path specific dialogue. What more could you possibly expect? I don't see how they could have done more really.

- to add on the previous point, lifepaths leading to non-linear quest design. (https://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2019/09/12/cyberpunk-2077-lifepath-system/)​

A non-linear quest design is obviously in the game.

- Nanowire and gorilla arms have a lot of different uses that are still in the description of the item (https://twitter.com/CyberpunkGame/status/1153684171606450178?s=09).​

In a way why would anyone want to use nanowire when you already can hack stuff using your eyes only? So they removed it, they had a choice and going nanowire choice would limit hacking greatly.

- Runs very well on last gen consoles (source NOT needed)​

What? Who said that? Only thing I hear was "running surprisingly well" and it does exactly this.

- The game will launch when it's ready (source NOT needed)​

Normal thing to say for devs, not sure how to comment this...

- Variety of braindances instead of it being just few cutscenes (can't find reference, please link)(so far videos like this https://youtu.be/ToWfeUEAeeQ?t=1167 point that braindance is a cool mechanic but they never said we'd be able to purchase and use the braindances on our devices and all. I don't feel this is a broken promise, rather an aspect of the game that we would love to have had implemented).​

Indeed, it's very cool.

- Challenging weather system that would pose a threat to your survival (https://www.windowscentral.com/cybe...ain-and-other-deadly-environmental-challenges)​

Acid rain... Wise choice from the devs. Who would want a rain that damages you? What would this add to the gameplay? Bad idea that got scrapped.

- At time of writing I haven't finished the game. However sources say there are very very few options for ONS and/or deep romances (this article summarizes what was expected https://www.ginx.tv/en/cyberpunk-2077/cyberpunk-2077-everything-about-relationships-romance-and-sex)​

This game have some most talked about romances ever. They are deep and some people seem to have actually fallen in love. 100% in the game.

- Finishing the game without finishing the main quest ( https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.th...-in-depth-finish-game-without-main-quest/amp/) At time of writing I haven't seen any progression just following the subplot and it looks like the main story is the quest to follow if I want to see an epilogue. This appears to be an error in translation during the interview.​

Haven't tried :)

- The game will let you select your body type and your gender freely, allowing you to obtain whatever combination of voice/gender/genitalia you want. Sex/Gender complete fluidity was something allowed in the cyberpunk tabletop games and very very relevant in the lore of the cyberpunk society (https://www.gaytimes.co.uk/culture/...aracter-creation-and-queer-relationships/amp/).​

100% in the game...

They wanted nothing else...

- weapon customization (https://nightcitylife.de/index.php/...xxl-preview-cyberpunk-2077-angespielt?start=5) although we got mods so this is half kept.​

Weapon customization is 100% in game. Could be more complex and deep? Probably, but this doesn't make it a lie.

- 4 different styles, clearly highlighted, that you can adeere to and will make NPC react to it (https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&v=YlyDJVYqfpA). Please note that this was advertised as true 2 months before release.
Didn't try yet.

Features that were initially promised but removed during development (CDPR was transparent about those):

- Properties purchase and customization options (Promised but then removed) (/r/cyberpunkgame/comments/9bu0d5/purchasable_apartments_confirmed/)
There is at least one more apartment. 100% in game.

- Transportation system (Promised but then removed) (https://www.gamepressure.com/newsroom/cyberpunk-2077-wont-show-subway-travel/z41f9d)​

There is quick travel.. but no subway indeed.

The cut was announced before release... Is the guy who wrote this a troll?

Also cut and announced before release...

- V voice customization beyond choosing the gender (Promised but then removed) (CDPR Confirms That Cyberpunk 2077 Won't Have Voice Customization (thegamer.com))​

Don't see how this would work without reducing quality on the voices thanks CDPR for making right choice again.

IMPORTANT: I see many of you contributed and I thank you. However this thread is specifically for broken promises, i.e. things that they said (in an article, tweet, interview...) we would find in the game and didn't. I believe there are other thread specifically for quality of life things we would want to see implemented in the game (and the list is infinite there as well).​

Last edited:
I see a lot of AVs flying. Trauma team... They do save a person in game and there is a lot of mentions of it in game. However, i don't know what would one want more about them? What can you possibly do more? You want them to show up and pick up people player killed? I wouldn't like that personally, it would interfere with my work.

Indeed. Single scenario like this could work in DLC and that's about it.

Yes, the flathead is only one mission currently. I think this might have something to do with DLC and robotics in general? Well, either way it's small thing.
Removed for a good reason. In tabletop game (turn based, several players work as a team) rigging is a skill but incorporating that skill to single player, single character, real time game didn't work out. From my perspective Flathead would make stealth / ghosting trivial.

So folks have already read the Jason Schrier piece revealing the 48 minute video was not only fake gameplay, but considered by the devs a waste of development time that could have been spent on the game?

It doesn't show "removed" features, it shows features the designers hoped to put into the game but never got around to.

Even if CDPR had five more years of development, they would've had a hard time making the game look like that video.

So folks have already read the Jason Schrier piece revealing the 48 minute video was not only fake gameplay, but considered by the devs a waste of development time that could have been spent on the game?

It doesn't show "removed" features, it shows features the designers hoped to put into the game but never got around to.

Even if CDPR had five more years of development, they would've had a hard time making the game look like that video.
Yeah, they just made it look a lot better then in that video.

Opinions differ i guess.

so go ahead: refute these points

- Challenging weather system that would pose a threat to your survival
- to add on the previous point, lifepaths leading to non-linear quest design.
-NPC unique daily routine and AI

Last edited by a moderator:
Would be absolutely cumbersome for players who do badlands missions and explore on bikes.

Each lifepath has their ending, player can choose other ending based on decisions.

What they said was:
"1,000 Cyberpunk 2077 NPCs will have a list of tasks they do at certain times on certain days. They go about their daily business with or without your intervention, and have their own personal behaviours and mannerisms."

There's much less pedestrians and traffic during night time in most of the city. To have individual AI where people has routines like they go to work, eat, sleep with amount of NPC's in game is practical impossibility and CDPR never promised that. There are NPC who talk with each other, tend to loiter at some place, go to pee, war veterans who ask for money, playing guitar, and I don't even know what all there is. There's certain dynamic people taking over places after V clears out gang presence, at one place they were having a music event after I cleared out the Scavs.

The problem isn't really the deep dive video vs the mission in the game. The problem is that implication is that most missions would have this level of depth and interaction, which they do not. After all, this is a "gig" mission (the title is even "The Gig"!)...compare it to other "gig" missions, they are basically go here / kill or stealth / get something or kill somebody, with no dialog, destructable environments (like that one wall in The Gig) or other "flavor" to them. Just bland generic go there / do this activities.

It's like buying a house where you are shown one beautiful room, and only after you buy the house do you realize the rest of the rooms are trashed.

*The weather system is dynamic, and the ''threat to your survival'' nonsense is media fabrication based on an out of context interview.

https://www.pcgamer.com/uk/9-features-that-didnt-make-it-to-the-final-version-of-cyberpunk-2077/

''In a 2019 interview, UI coordinator Alivn Liu talked about Cyberpunk's weather system, confirming it would have dynamic weather. "We've got acid rain as well," he said. "Night City is a very polluted city and we're also exploring that kind of stuff, pollution and global warming and everything." ''

The guy never said it would affect the player or be a survival issue at all, ever.

The problem isn't that there's acid rain, but the fact that the NPCs don't react to any weather like the used to in The Witcher 3.

Based on their 2020 investor's report they're suggesting that the NPC AI is considered a bug to be fixed, so we'll see.

*Each lifepath gives you a different prologue that later influence the dialogue options with the main NPC's in the game based on said lifepath.

The most popular one is The Pickup.

https://onemoregame.ph/cyberpunk-2077-lifepath-changes-quest-conditions/

But let's go back to the interview:

As far as I'm aware that's all present in the game, as for the rest as nice as it sounds to have a branching quest chain based on life path's that's exclusive to every character is just wishful thinking, I'm guilty of this as well, they never actually advertised anything else more than dialogue options that open up certain small details based on the lifepath flavor.

*As for the NPC Ai routine it's there, but it was misconstrued from what they said, it's vague enough for people to take anything out of it.

''We've greatly enhanced our crowd and community systems to create the most believable city to date.''

''“While there are some areas in The Witcher 3 where villagers don’t have a daily routine, they are planing to improve this with giving more than a thousand NPCs a handmade routine.''

They either lied. or they tried to do it and got as far as having a few of the main NPC's having a daily routine (The Aldecaldos) and gave unique random AI routines based on specific time of day for pedestrian NPC's.

When the AI routine works it's brilliant, people were sitting down chatting, smoking, drinking, using their note pads, arguing all naturally going from one activity to another.

All the activities present for random pedestrians seem to be affected by the day and night cycles.

Take of this what you will, but I'm just as disappointed by the pedestrian AI as the next Joe.

Last edited by a moderator:
There's much less pedestrians and traffic during night time in most of the city. To have individual AI where people has routines like they go to work, eat, sleep with amount of NPC's in game is practical impossibility and CDPR never promised that.

Oh, really? Watch this video at this timestamp.

Last edited:
Take of this what you will, but I'm just as disappointed by the pedestrian AI as the next Joe.
For me the most important factor is that so far for all the games I have played, the Night City is the first big city that actually feels like one. Way I see pedestrians is way I see people when I visit major cities IRL and that also goes for interactivity, say I visit our capitol quite often. If some stranger tries to make conversation in 90% of cases they either want to bum something or sell something, we have this fuck off attitude for a reason.

For recent comparable games I have only played the Outer Worlds and Wasteland 3 and those cities are much smaller and static. I don't know what it is that people are expecting here exactly.

EDIT: There is a problem though. They don't appear to react car horn.

Acid rain? Thank God they stepped down from that terrible idea. What game play you imagine? Acid rain comes, sit inside in your apartment and skip time? Ehh no thanks.

We got scripted dust storm and I think this is the only way to do it without making a sandbox game to have any sense.
- to add on the previous point, lifepaths leading to non-linear quest design
For me the lifepaths are great, it helps roleplay your character. I wish there was more choices in dialogues but there are still a lot if you compare to other AAA games. Also lifepaths allow many special lines of dialogues.

Did you expect 3 lifepaths being 3 different games or what exactly did you expect?
They have daily routines... They walk around and do stuff. I watched a guy sitting on a pad, then he switched to a phone and then he called someone. They are doing their stuff. Pretty standard ai i would say in gaming industry.

I wish they would make it revolutionary but can't expect that. What a reasonable person would expect and also it is what they stated:

Witcher 3 NPC ai but more and better. That's what devs said and it's what we have.

Then someone said amazing NPC ai, but i still can't find a dev saying that anywhere, can you?

Top Bottom