E3 2018 - Welcome to the Future. Welcome to CYBERPUNK 2077. Go to NEWS for Trailer Discussion!

+

Well? Was it what you hoped for?

• Yes! God(s) yes! Onwards to GLORY! Cyberglory! And waffles.

• Yes! Not enough to say yet but still happy. Show me more!

• Pretty much. Need more info before rapture sets in, though.

• Close-ish, but missing features I really want. Going to be an issue.

• Not really. I'll play it maybe, but not what I wanted.

• Dammit! Huge let down. May go cyberpsycho. I blame you Sard.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Cyberpunk 2077 is a narrative-driven, open world RPG set in the most vibrant and dangerous metropolis of the future — Night City. You play as V, a hired gun on the rise, who just got their first serious contract. In a world of cyberenhanced street warriors, tech-savvy netrunners and corporate life-hackers, today is your first step to becoming an urban legend. "

That is disappointing if it's set, I thought one of the main things about Cyberpunk was that we were going to be able to make our own characters now, play the class we want to. Cyberpunk has so many wildly different and varied classes and characters it would suck to be forced into playing a set protag.

I think it means you will still be able to customize your character and choose class, it's just that they still need a rather consistent story arc to run through the game. But maybe how it runs will probably depend on your choices, the character you created and class you chosen?

The daytime gave it a little more 5th element than "Nightcity" vibe and having a fixed protagonist is a possibilty now which is not what I hoped for. Other than that, it's the usual E3 bullshot trailer, pretty but meaningless. Gameplay/Mechanics/Choices/Narrative is what I adore, not so much the shooty-bang-bang :)

The art style, the world, just how alive and varied everything looks is amazing. Can't wait to see more about it.

However one thing I read, we are playing a set protag now?

In the info it says:

"Cyberpunk 2077 is a narrative-driven, open world RPG set in the most vibrant and dangerous metropolis of the future — Night City. You play as V, a hired gun on the rise, who just got their first serious contract. In a world of cyberenhanced street warriors, tech-savvy netrunners and corporate life-hackers, today is your first step to becoming an urban legend. "

That is disappointing if it's set, I thought one of the main things about Cyberpunk was that we were going to be able to make our own characters now, play the class we want to. Cyberpunk has so many wildly different and varied classes and characters it would suck to be forced into playing a set protag.

I hope it's at least like Mass Efffect, and "v" is simply a name and we are able to customize and make our own character, male or female, their looks, and actually roleplay them how we want.

I'm sure Mike wouldn't let that be, he has said in interviews there will be many classes. It's going to be huge!

So that was our character right? Because I thought we're going to create our own character. But overrall im hyped i have faith in u guys to bad we didnt get a release date 2077 maybe?

For those who might have missed this:

1528668064483.jpg

The art style, the world, just how alive and varied everything looks is amazing. Can't wait to see more about it.

In the info it says:

I hope it's at least like Mass Efffect, and "v" is simply a name and we are able to customize and make our own character, male or female, their looks, and actually roleplay them how we want.

Who just got "their" first serious contract. Not "his." "Their." I can overthink things too :)

Yeah, I do think it's probably a Mass Effect type thing. The MC has to be called something, after all.

Coming from The Witcher, it looks like character models took a downgrade 100%. Looks generic as fuck.

All the claims about the development of this game being rocky are now validated.

HYPE KILLED.

In the info it says:

I would hope it would be more like say the dragonborn in Skyrim? Whereas there is a main questline but how you build the character is exactly your preference. I doubt Mike would let them neuter one of the only things that make tabletop games what they are, that being deep character customization.

Edit: Shepard from Mass Effect is probably a better analogy.

no release date, means its a 2020 title, which is fine by me. but does it also mean that its on nex gen consoles? i mean no chance my xbox one original will run that..

I'll be honest, the first time I saw the trailer I didn't like it much.

But I've watched it a couple of more times and there are some really cool elements in there. I just think I need more explanation about the elements of the trailer, and what it means for the player.

They got the Night City rock and roll vibe right though, that much is certain.

Coming from The Witcher, it looks like character models took a downgrade 100%. Looks generic as fuck.

All the claims about the development of this game being rocky are now validated.

HYPE KILLED.

I would argue the visuals and especially faces were highly detailed and impressive, but then I don't know what you compare it to.

Amazing reveal, was blown a way by the trailer and when CDPR said there would have an emphasis on "Punk", they weren't lying!

Hi,
while I think that this trailer is done in one of the best ways possible from single point of view - and as it is right now it looks all coherent, well scripted, put together, etc...; city itself looks kinda too plastic and too colorful to me.

Also, too many (generic) punk characters with their own opinions, seems like.

Somewhat mix of GTA and Sim's city, as I see it :D

Hope that there will be shown some actual gameplay soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom