E3 2019 & post-E3 2019 - Media News & Previews

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
so far it sound like cool will be the stat for shooting (= the most important for solos, if not for all classes since the FPS elements are very strong in this game).
I thought cool would've been one of those stats that give you random buffs like "luck" in fallout (= totally ignored by me), man, I was wrong. :shrug:

It was said that you can practice every weapon type by using it/on practice ranges, so the handling of the weapon, aiming and reloading becomes easier. It will be shown even in the animations of the character. So it's not only about cool.

It was said that you can practice every weapon type by using it/on practice ranges, so the handling of the weapon, aiming and reloading becomes easier. It will be shown even in the animations of the character. So it's not only about cool.
sure, that's not what I meant! But they also said cool works as an hard gate for that stuff, so if you have 4 in cool you can improve in your weapon until you reach 4, then you need to level cool up.

sure, that's not what I meant! But they also said cool works as an hard gate for that stuff, so if you have 4 in cool you can improve in your weapon until you reach 4, then you need to level cool up.

Well, I saw many people expecting not only player's skill but also stats to affect character's combat handling, I hope it's good news for them at least.

Well, I saw many people expecting not only player's skill but also stats to affect character's combat handling, I hope it's good news for them at least.
I'm not saying it's a bad thing, just saying that cool has (surprisingly IMHO) become an extremely important stat. Unless you go for full melee or full netrunner, you'll need to pump cool up or shooting could be a serious problem. If the game is balanced well enough in its different approaches, this is not bad at all, the opposite. IF.

As I said, I only have real problems with the +X% DMG to bullets perk. I'd be fine with the same but for melee weapons (it makes sense that the stronger you are the hader you hit), not for bullets.

That would make sense. As a veteran myself, I know the more you can "keep it together" the more steady your aim and the more focused you are. If you are a "high strung" person who doesn't react well to stress (Having a "low cool"), when the adrenalin starts pumping, you won't be able to hit much when shooting because you will be shaking like a fish out of water.

Actually I wasn't disagreeing with that, just that normally cool in Cyberpunk 2020 have another, not combat focused, utility.
But that one isn't here as there is no social system to take into account how impressive you are.

I'm not saying it's a bad thing, just saying that cool has (surprisingly IMHO) become an extremely important stat. Unless you go for full melee or full netrunner, you'll need to pump cool up or shooting could be a serious problem. If the game is balanced well enough in its different approaches, this is not bad at all, the opposite. IF.

As I said, I only have real problems with the +X% DMG to bullets perk. I'd be fine with the same but for melee weapons (it makes sense that the stronger you are the hader you hit), not for bullets.

I have the same issue with +X%DMG perks if they're based on some stat/skill/perk. They could be connected to ammo or gun type, but even that is a stretch for me. I really, really hope they reconsider this design decision.

Now I get your point about cool and I agree to some extent that it will be important. But not only for shooting - I can imagine cool being important for netrunner too, so he can have more time to prevent attacks if someone is after him in the net if his cool is high, stuff like that.

The balance will depend on the skill tree and how many possible playstyles it supports. We'll see.

So they do want to implement original Deus Ex progression system regarding the weapons, so things like more precise crosshair, reload speed and reduced recoil as you uprade your skills.

The question is, to what extent do those actually impact gameplay.

So the stats are
-Body
-Intelligence
-Reflexes
-Tech
-Cool
Wait...we had 6 stats :(

I agree with earlier posters that this makes sense. Constitution is kind of a pointless stat anyway, especially in a singleplayer game, where you HAVE to be able to play the game. The game can be balanced around the difficulty level you choose from options instead of adding another element that affects how difficult your gameplay is despite you having less control over it.

I agree with earlier posters that this makes sense. Constitution is kind of a pointless stat anyway, especially in a singleplayer game, where you HAVE to be able to play the game. The game can be balanced around the difficulty level you choose from options instead of adding another element that affects how difficult your gameplay is despite you having less control over it.

Actually Constitution didn't disappeared, it just fused wised Strength to become Body again, like in the original game.

Placide is the Voodoo Boys second-in-command. He radiates the aura of danger and threat – inspiring fear and respect in people around him. He’s a man of few words, and his smile is terrifying to behold. Or so people say. Luckily he smiles exceedingly rarely.

Placide is the Voodoo Boys second-in-command. He radiates the aura of danger and threat – inspiring fear and respect in people around him. He’s a man of few words, and his smile is terrifying to behold. Or so people say. Luckily he smiles exceedingly rarely.

He's got some nice Converse shoes there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom