E3 2019 & post-E3 2019 - Media News & Previews

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
It could be the depending on the angle your bullets are coming from lead to more hits in those areas (i.e aim just above them).
Possible but from what we saw in the 2018 demo they have a huge target area and hit every opponent in that area, you can't even focus on a single target if they're close to another.

I suspect in addition to being the most lame weapon in the game they'll be the weakest.
But they autohit right?

There are many people upset about the fp decision but i think most of them will like or prefer it if they actually play the game.Motion sickness is a different story but they added some options for that

But they autohit right?
No. They can still miss by hitting stuff between the smart gun and the target. It just helps those players who dont like twitch combat. I actually thought it looked pretty cool in the demo.

I suspect in addition to being the most lame weapon in the game they'll be the weakest.

It’s said in the article that they do less damage, so there’s no need to ”suspect”.

There really should be more to them than just being a crutch for people who don’t like twitch shooters (which these kinds of talks and previews heavily suggest the combat is about).
Post automatically merged:

Trying not to alienate both groups (FPS crowd and RPG players in this case) makes sense from a financial perspective but rarely does trying to appease different groups make for a good product.

Trying to compensate for non-FPS players doesn’t automatically mean you are catering to RPG players, though. Easier combat isn’t synonymous to that. Like... the smart guns thing (as shown and explained) has nothing to do with RPG’s, none of the compensatory measures we know of do. They’re just easing up the action.

There’s something needed in the middle if it’s wanted to ”cater to ”RPG players””.

Last edited:
There’s something needed in the middle if it’s wanted to ”cater to ”RPG players””.
Given the (near) total lack of RPG features (dialog options and levels are NOT "RPG features" they're game mechanics) I can't say as I see anything "catering to RPG players" in CP2077. This doesn't mean it's a bad game tho, just that it's not an RPG. The Smartweapons are an alternative to shooter combat, again just a game mechanic, not an RPG feature.

Given the (near) total lack of RPG features (dialog options and levels are NOT "RPG features" they're game mechanics) I can't say as I see anything "catering to RPG players" in CP2077. This doesn't mean it's a bad game tho, just that it's not an RPG. The Smartweapons are an alternative to shooter combat, again just a game mechanic, not an RPG feature.
You can call the witcher also an action-rpg the only difference is the combat style and the first person view

No. They can still miss by hitting stuff between the smart gun and the target. It just helps those players who dont like twitch combat. I actually thought it looked pretty cool in the demo.

I wonder how twitch we are talking about. I hope they stay at Quake and stay away from APB. Quake PVE sounds fun to me at least. Too many cover-based game in game industry.

Last edited:
Again the dialogue issue could had be solved by switching in FPP during dialogues and if the layout if the same of the E3 demo i don't see why this system could not work even in TPP i don't buy this, dialogue is immersive if is natural or well written not for sure by forcing a First person View. As for pulling the gun and and shooting people again this is not a thing restricted only to FPP is not less dangerous having a situation like this even in TPP claiming otherwise is just not only inaccurate but also pretty wrong.
1. The dialogue system wouldn't work the same in TPP, due to how it was designed (like the options being displayed when you look at the specific person or people reacting to where are you looking at), and with the option of walking around during it, it would also look really wonky in third person.
2. He means that as "pulling the gun right in the middle of conversation", which is possible, because the game maintains consistent perspective. If the game would instead switch from third to first person during moment like, it wouldn't be nearly as seamless.

Really? An animation whevere V enters in a vehicle? Avoiding even to comment on that.
No, he means optional third person perspective when riding a motorbike.
Every time customization questions pop up most of the time we end to get that we can mod our weapons how about character visual customization? Can i have a pair of chrome arms on my V and they will be displayed? I can color them how i want?.

Yes, for the arms, you can see that at the new gameplay teaser. As for the color, I don't know. Plus you can also see the outfit and body of the character in-game.

Which unfortunately makes the thesis “CP2077 is Witcher 3 with a cyberpunk skin” (at least gameplay mechanics-wise) all the more real.

Not a single improvement from TW3's flaws. Not a single one.
There are plenty of improvements and changes regarding the gameplay in comparison to The Witcher 3, you're just overly focused on levelling system to such a point you refuse to acknowledge them.

1. The dialogue system wouldn't work the same in TPP, due to how it was designed (like the options being displayed when you look at the specific person or people reacting to where are you looking at), and with the option of walking around during it, it would also look really wonky in third person.

Not what he wrote:
"Again the dialogue issue could had be solved by switching in FPP during dialogues "

To be blunt, it seemed far more like a story driven action adventure, than an RPG. With that in mind, it did what it did relatively well, though (regardless of certain more universal missteps, like terrible itemization).
Yeah i would say it’s a mix between story driven and action rpg

I really hope that each weapon model has a fixed colour.

I just hate the idea of having a blue militech m31a1 rifle and then all of a sudden find a purple one which looks identical but with higher damage stats because it's...epic!

I'll be happy to mod out smart weapons and rebalance the gunplay a bit. Looking more into it, seems their "open" world will just be soft gated by higher impossible enemies which is disappointing.

I'll be happy to mod out smart weapons and rebalance the gunplay a bit. Looking more into it, seems their "open" world will just be soft gated by higher impossible enemies which is disappointing.
Still wondering how the game works with modding and multiplayer.Pretty sure the multiplayer part is a completely seperatly thing and can’t be modded

Still wondering how the game works with modding and multiplayer.Pretty sure the multiplayer part is a completely seperatly thing and can’t be modded
Oh yeah for sure it'll be a separate thing. May even be a separate download entirely like some other games have done.
It'll also depend on how they host the game and what structure they allow users. If we can host our own servers, expect some modded servers to exist.

Oh yeah for sure it'll be a separate thing. May even be a separate download entirely like some other games have done.
It'll also depend on how they host the game and what structure they allow users. If we can host our own servers, expect some modded servers to exist.
Damn i hope we can use the whole world with others😍😍

Damn i hope we can use the whole world with others😍😍
As much as people don't like the comparison, GTA V did it very well. A very toxic playerbase ended up gravitating towards the game but the world and missions are very well done. If we could do private lobbies and only have friends join to complete missions against the environment, that would be a welcome multiplayer mode to me

Fallout 76 with all its faults was the most fun I've ever had in a Fallout game. Playing with friends and completing missions together was exactly what I wanted from a co-op Fallout game

So if the ui is disabled on the hardest difficulty can we still see our tasks on the right end of the screen and how can we check how much health we have left without switching to the inventory every time?This would be interesting to know

So if the ui is disabled on the hardest difficulty can we still see our tasks on the right end of the screen and how can we check how much health we have left without switching to the inventory every time?This would be interesting to know
Assuming you'd have to pause to menu to see your quest list/tasks

For damage, there could be visual indicators? Red screen getting worse and worse until dead?

Assuming you'd have to pause to menu to see your quest list/tasks

For damage, there could be visual indicators? Red screen getting worse and worse until dead?
Hmm im assuming that too with a red screen or maybe a heart-pulse.But always looking in your inventory what your tasks are would get a bit frustrating because of the optional stuff you can do

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom