E3 2019 & post-E3 2019 - Media News & Previews

+
Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest 4149880

Not bad. Poorer than expected given CDPR's track record, massive (comparatively speaking) team, and higher budget.

I look forward to hearing and seeing more about the combat at Gamescom or Pax.

Well they're scripted animations and the game is a year off still. The 2018 demo animations we pretty good, I'm sure they will keep improving them until they look just right. Lets hope.

The witcher 3 animations pre release were actually terrible, in 2013 the game was supposed to be 1 year prior to release, and it looked so so bad, like playstation 1 or 2.

Cyberpunk by contrast looks incredible when put in context of how much time there's left to work on it.

The witcher 3 animations pre release were actually terrible, in 2013 the game was supposed to be 1 year prior to release, and it looked so so bad, like playstation 1 or 2.

Cyberpunk by contrast looks incredible when put in context of how much time there's left to work on it.
Running animations at the start of this video still make me laugh until this day:

Running animations at the start of this video still make me laugh until this day:
aren't the same of the released game? :/ Don't see much difference.

Crazy how expectations have changed since 2015. TW3 was the first real next-gen game in terms of graphics (animations included) together with AC unity and it looked so amazing, "next-gen". We've seen better after that now, the bar is much higher and so are CDPR's budget and know how. That's why we ask them to deliver.

remember this meme?
Things have drastically changed: they're not "a couple of slavs" in public opinion anymore, now CDPR is considered one of the best software house, expectations (and pressure) are high!

aren't the same of the released game? :/ Don't see much difference.

Crazy how expectations have changed since 2015. TW3 was the first real next-gen game in terms of graphics (animations included) together with AC unity and it looked so amazing, "next-gen". We've seen better after that now, the bar is much higher and so are CDPR's budget and know how. That's why we ask them to deliver.

remember this meme?
Things have drastically changed: they're not "a couple of slavs" in public opinion anymore, now CDPR is considered one of the best software house, expectations (and pressure) are high!

Oh no I agree with this comparison you brought up, but that's VERY late footage, remember, Witcher 3 was supposed to launch in 2014. So not only that's late prerelease, but it's actually so late it's after the original target even. (the delay not having to do with animations btw).

What I was talking about, for a more or less comparable case, is a leaked video of the 2013 private demo presentation, which probably isn't online anymore since me and other users helped the company track the links and take them down. But I still have it in my PC, and oh boy... xD

Anyway, the point is that cyberpunk looks way better, and that animations are one of the things that changes the most in quality from early footage to release, so I think the game will be perfectly ok in that department.

The monowire hit reaction isn't bad, what I would call it is inappropriate, or out of place. The reaction is fine, but the whole body moving so much while being hit with something with so little mass and that's flexible is what's weird.

My suspiscion is that its just a generic melee hit animation, but the wire is an exceptional weapon in that it's supposed to cause cutting and/or burning damage with no physical brute force.
That's a better way to put it.

I just had a rather strange experience. I went to the Rock, Paper, Shotgun "critique" to post my opinions and speak my peace and apparently, they aren't taking anymore comments. What I did see was a large amount of negativity ( I guess some people have nothing better to do than complain, but I digress.). Sadly, most of the complaints were, well how can I put this: " Shallow, unjustified and put in such a fashion that I would hope CDPR doesn't take any of it seriously.
Post automatically merged:

Monowire.

It's called a monofilament whip in 2020 or a monowhip/monowire for short.

The whip itself is only a few molecules thick, can cut through nearly anything.

From Burning Chrome, by William Gibson.
It was also a familiar fixture in the pnp game in the form of the Kindachi Momowhip.

Last edited:
I just had a rather strange experience. I went to ...

It was also a familiar fixture in the pnp game in the form of the Kindachi Momowhip.

1. Let's leave politics away. CDPR is happy with their E3 experience, no need to taint it with groundless worry. Last year people were all a-flutter about the twitter thing and CDPR proceeded as planned anyway.

Please don't use worry about CDPR goals as a platform for anything, thanks. That applies to everyone reading this, by the way.

2. Before the Kendachi Monowhip, it was also in the corebook as the "Slice 'N Dice."

1. Let's leave politics away. CDPR is happy with their E3 experience, no need to taint it with groundless worry. Last year people were all a-flutter about the twitter thing and CDPR proceeded as planned anyway.

Please don't use worry about CDPR goals as a platform for anything, thanks. That applies to everyone reading this, by the way.

2. Before the Kendachi Monowhip, it was also in the corebook as the "Slice 'N Dice."
No politics intended. I was referring to some rather shallow complaints, that's all.

No politics intended. I was referring to some rather shallow complaints, that's all.

Yeah, we're a bit trigger happy on this subject recently. Here and Discord. If it looks like a duck and talks a like a duck, we probably figure it's turkey-shaped enough and open fire.

I just watched Johnny Mnemonic again. Silly, terrible movie (Henry Rollins steals it and Beat Takeshi as well) but some great scenes. Monowhips are just crazy scary.

I just watched Johnny Mnemonic again. Silly, terrible movie (Henry Rollins steals it and Beat Takeshi as well) but some great scenes. Monowhips are just crazy scary.
The pinnacle of cheese 90s western cyberpunk but also one of the most cyberpunk movies out there. Love it.
And it really isn't a good movie. :D

"Get rich or die trying" on the girl's jacket. That will be the motto for the first character I'll play. A cyberninja, because that's how I like to play FPS.
Followed by completely different approaches and personalities with the next characters (stealthy netrunner/techie and loud&dumb tank).

Those been posted yet?

This is Sasquatch, leader of the Animals. They look like a combination booster/dorpher gang with a focus on hypersteroids.

Here's Brigitte of the Voodoo Boys, who have evolved from their 2020 roots into a group of community protecting technological geniuses.

Speaking of Netrunners, here's T-Bug.

And finally, here's Dexter DeShawn, the Fixer. Despite rumors to the contrary, he's not played by Mike Pondsmith.

Those been posted yet?

This is Sasquatch, leader of the Animals. They look like a combination booster/dorpher gang with a focus on hypersteroids.

Here's Brigitte of the Voodoo Boys, who have evolved from their 2020 roots into a group of community protecting technological geniuses.

Speaking of Netrunners, here's T-Bug.

And finally, here's Dexter DeShawn, the Fixer. Despite rumors to the contrary, he's not played by Mike Pondsmith.
Where's Jackie?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom