E3 2019 & post-E3 2019 - Media News & Previews

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
We already knew about the witcher "not" 4. I wonder if they'll go for a brand new protagonist they create from scratch or if we'll get something like lambert, eskel, a prequel with vesimir... Anyway, we won't get anything until 2024 (then delayed to 2025 as usual).

Just sad expansions will come after MP. :/

Just sad expansions will come after MP. :/
Expansions will come out before multiplayer (which we know is not even coming out in 2021). The reason why it gets bigger team is because it's a new project for them with the online infrastructure and all (Gwent was obviously smaller in scale), while expansions will be built upon the already existing fundamentals, with properly functioning engine and development tools, so they don't require as many people to work on them. Entire Hearts of Stone was made in a 5 months or so, while Blood and Wine (with preproduction beforehand) in around six months, so I imagine that all the single player content will be released throughout 2021, while multiplayer will come out at earliest (in beta version, at least) in 2022.

I can't believe they made the TW3 expansions that fast. That's crazy.

And that they ended up being amazing experiences to boot. I used to think no other game's expansion would manage to be as memorable as Oblivion's The Shivering Isles and Fallout New Vegas' Old World Blues until I played HoS and BaW :ok:

And that they ended up being amazing experiences to boot. I used to think no other game's expansion would manage to be as memorable as Oblivion's The Shivering Isles and Fallout New Vegas' Old World Blues until I played HoS and BaW :ok:
Fun fact: when we were having The Witcher 10th Anniversary Community Meeting inside CD Projekt HQ, more then half of developers who were present at Q&A panel, when asked about their favorite Witcher game, named Hearts of Stone as the one, the expansion to The Witcher 3 (the rest named The Witcher 1, mostly because they were not involved in it's development, so it was the only Witcher game they could experience as just a players). The reason given by The Witcher 3 director, Konrad Tomaszkiewicz, was that it felt like the most complete Witcher experience they delivered so far, with barely any content cuts, and because by that point they had the entire technology completely figured out, they were able to do a lot more then during the development of The Witcher 3 (in Blood and Wine as well, like the vampire attack on Beauclair. They were trying to do something similar in base game with Wild Hunt attacking the Novigrad, but back then it ended utterly sinking the performance, forcing them to move the final battle to Skellige).

Thanks much @Shavod ! It's good that they have plenty of time and are not up against the wall. I am still wondering about the whole bit with Microsoft, more to that than meets the eye but end of he day who care because the consumer wins! Very excited about their other projects as well!

Expansions will come out before multiplayer (which we know is not even coming out in 2021). The reason why it gets bigger team is because it's a new project for them with the online infrastructure and all (Gwent was obviously smaller in scale), while expansions will be built upon the already existing fundamentals, with properly functioning engine and development tools, so they don't require as many people to work on them. Entire Hearts of Stone was made in a 5 months or so, while Blood and Wine (with preproduction beforehand) in around six months, so I imagine that all the single player content will be released throughout 2021, while multiplayer will come out at earliest (in beta version, at least) in 2022.
I misunderstood (because reasons). Thanks!

And btw, thanks as always for bringing news from poland :)

@Lilayah now that sony has confirmed that PS5 will be backward compatible for PS4 titles, could someone tell us CDPR's plan for PS5 version? Will you guys do the same as "smart delivery" for xbox?

Which confirmation?
I read that only 100 titles will be backward compatible, meaning handcrafted emulator for each of those 100 games and the rest won't work.

Which confirmation?
I read that only 100 titles will be backward compatible, meaning handcrafted emulator for each of those 100 games and the rest won't work.
they said they tested the 100 most played games on ps4 and almost all of them work already with no patch needed, but the console, per se, is backward compatible by AMD design, no emulation.

Now, since CDPR is making next gen versions for CP77 (confirmed by themselves) and already stated the series X version will be for free for any owner of the xbox one version, is that the same for PS4->PS5 or will we need to buy the game twice?

(I'm quite disappointed with the PS5 so far, seriously considering to switch to microsoft after 25ish years)

(I'm quite disappointed with the PS5 so far, seriously considering to switch to microsoft after 25ish years)
I'm not. Even though Ray Tracing is on the weaker side, Sony once again made some bombastic changes in sound calculation. This console generation looks alot more experimental and daring than 8th.

For me, PS has been solely for those short single player games with little replay value. My PS4 stays unplugged 350 days of the year. I'll pick up a PS5 when there's at least 3 exclusives worth getting. I expect that to be a year or two down the road, depending on what they announce for launch titles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom