At today's financial conference they stated that they prepared a new marketing plan already back at February regarding the ways to share new informations and parts of the game with the public through the Internet, but didn't wanted to disclose any details beyond that they are going to show something in June.Sooooooooo April 16th is in 1 week's time. The game was supposed to be released on that date. We're not getting anything on that day, are we?
Other interesting bits from the conference and chat with investors:
- they are not worried about rating agencies suspending their activities, since they managed to send the game to them earlier and obtain majority of required ratings. They have more of an issue with the localisation of the game, but they are not too worried about it, because in the worst scenario the missing voice overs always might be added in a patch
- there will be a free update for next gen Xbox for people who bought the game for Xbox One, but they can't comment if it's going to be the case for PS5 as well, until Sony will officially announce their policy on the matter
- while people will be able to play the current gen version of Cyberpunk 2077 on their next gen consoles right away, the proper next gen upgrade will be developed later and right now they can't tell when it will be available
- nearly 600 developers are working on Cyberpunk projects, with the studio working specifically on the online version of the game having around 40 developers, but some of the developers are working on both single and multiplayer, since there is an interconnectivity between the two
- they have already considered a different scenarios in relation to the potential issues that they might face when it comes to physical distribution, but they are certain of the September release date
- the plans for the Cyberpunk 2077 expansions most likely will be revealed before the game release, just like they did with The Witcher 3. They again repeated that, in terms of it's size, we shouldn't expect anything less then how they did it with the Witcher 3.
- they will talk about Cyberpunk Online only after the release of the Cyberpunk 2077
- they have twice as many testers for Cyberpunk 2077 as they had with The Witcher 3
On other subjects:
- they implied that they might have a general plan to release their next big game in 2025, but again, this is just a general roadmap
- mobile game by Spokko will be some kind of online game. It's already playable and goes through internal playtesting.
- when asked about the possibility of The Witcher 1 remake, Adam Kiciński responded that they would rather tell a new stories