E3 2019 & post-E3 2019 - Media News & Previews

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
BIG conscequences, way before that, don't you?
I do. I'm not sure how a lot of that stuff would be represented in a cRPG though. Maybe with dialogue options (which I suppose still could be a thing)? But the sort of gradual degradation into an anti-social character would be really hard to represent and implement in a video game.

I can't take anything seriously in an article which has the first half dedicated to politically correctness. That being said, CDPR has always said they're making a story driven action RPG, same as TW3. A little more RPG here since you can create your character and choose different builds (for real, not like TW3 where you pratically change only DMG output from signs to melee).
It was all very impressive, although unlike last year’s demo the fact that this is a game nearly a year away from completion was more obvious – with enemies that seemed to get stuck behind in-game objects and somewhat unconvincing-looking gunplay. Ironically, that probably means this was a more representative demo than last year’s, and the fact that Sasko made no attempt to hide the demo’s rough edges was encouraging.
This is the exact same thing I've read from my favorite website (not in english): this looked like a real demo of a game 1 year away from release, the old one looked too good to be real.

In fact, he implied that the game was almost content complete and that the next 10 months would be used primarily to refine and polish what’s already there.
This is reassuring in terms of polishing, balancing and animations.
Since they know how the game will be, now, they could tell us more about levels, loot and alike. What's the point in keeping the secret? :sad:

As I was saying:
Oh, I think there’s a few things that we still will be working on. One thing is the gameplay side and the animation system. For instance, our melee combat still requires a bit of work, making sure that all the punches feel good – especially for all the weapons. For instance, the hammer; it needs to have the correct weight but it doesn’t really have that yet [one of the boss-like characters wields a large hammer in the demo – GC]. Those are not really big issues, but when you play… when it’s really good you feel it. When it’s not really good you also feel it! [laughs] I think we’re in the position where we almost have it, but not yet. And I think there’s still space to make it better.
GC: Apart from some AI bugs, the one thing that worried me is the gunplay. It’s difficult to judge without going hands-on, but watching it it seemed a little clunky? As great as Witcher 3 was I think most people would agree the combat was the weakest element… PS: Yes, yes.
GC: All the different weapons look great but what if they’re not really that much fun to use? Are you implying that that’s something you’re still working on? PS: Oh yes, the gunplay is one of the core elements. That’s something that we started working on in the very beginning and will work on more and more…

This is a little lie, CDPR is great at adding excellent narrative, but quests' core was almost always "go there, witcher senses, kill":
GC: One of the major problems with open world games in general is that so much of the time the mission design is just, ‘go somewhere and kill someone’. I think trying to avoid that is one of the reasons Witcher 3 was so beloved. PS: For us, that kind of quest is absolutely banned. We don’t have stuff like that. We don’t do it. We learned, I think it was around Witcher 2, that we’re not doing things like that, because it’s just lazy. [laughs] It’s just lazy. In The Witcher 3 we worked on it a lot and we were praised for our quest design and that was very… I love to hear that. Even though I feel like we could improve on so many areas.

Total respect for admitting this:
And, for instance, Keanu, that is exactly why he’s here. Firstly, he’s a really good actor, of course, and he helps us out playing the role of Johnny Silverhand in the game. But the second thing is that he has this mass market appeal, he is a persona that can help people think that they should try the game out, ‘I don’t really understand the cyberpunk thing but there’s Keanu!’

Humanity explained:
Now, the thing is, as a player, you are limited by the number of slots, so there is as much cyberware as your body can take. But in Cyberpunk we’re really not using a humanity meter. [...]
There were some ideas that we had, of how we could utilise it but it was not fun enough and it didn’t work good enough for us to just keep it. We opted for a more understandable solution for players, which is that your body is divided into slots and when they are filled your humanity levels are at the level where it cannot take anymore and you cannot install anything more. So it’s basically so that the player with the humanity is still there but it doesn’t really play that major a role in the whole mechanics. Because, as you mentioned, it doesn’t have enough texture to it.

Exactly my same impression after I've watched several interviews with this guy:

GC: You seem so enthusiastic about it all I have trouble imagining you being forced to work on it.
PS: I just love my work! [laughs]

That's crazy that the best interview so far comes from a non-videogames-only journal. O.O
Post automatically merged:

It’s not a universal truth, but I’ve found that critical reviews are usually more objective in their descriptions of the game than excited ones. They don’t tend to sugarcoat things
totally agree on this.

I do. I'm not sure how a lot of that stuff would be represented in a cRPG though.

In a cRPG?
Easy, I would say like in the P&P: social stat degradation.
In Cyberpunk 2077, now that I'm almost sure there's no character related mechanic about a social system, I would only see a Fallout 2/planescape torment level of dialogues, but that sure is a lots of work.
Post automatically merged:

Too complex and frustrating for massmarket.

It's probably the reason.
Remember when the Fallout guy was telling there won't be skills anymore because "too complicated".

In Cyberpunk 2077, now that I'm almost sure there's no character related mechanic about a social system
I recall one of the impression mention that in dialogue one of the options wasn't available because the Speech skill of V wasn't high enough (I think he said players skill was 3) so for sure there's SOMETHING in there.

Overall impression of the character progression system that I got, from various interviews and whatnot, is that it's very very reminiscent of Skyrim and Fallout:New Vegas.
Which is a really good thing, especially regarding the latter

EDIT. I think it was this one:

I have no way of watching it ATM so can't confirm 100%

I would very much like to have the "humanity" factor in the game. But I assume that voicing over so much additional stuf PLUS implementing additional NPC reactions would mean having the game a year later at best.

I'm also sad that weapon concealment is not there. Perhaps devs didn't wanted to have every player running in trench coat to hide that shotgun under it.

wait. This guy has 257 subscribers. His videos have less than 100 views. How could he get a 20 minutes interview with CDPR?
You're telling me that if I open a youtube channel and ask my facebook or linkedin contacts to subscribe to it I can get interviews as well? I can easily get above 257 subscribers. He saw the demo and interviewed the quest director for CP2077 and we can't even get a couple of screenshots?
Fair enough, I guess.

This is the exact same thing I've read from my favorite website (not in english): this looked like a real demo of a game 1 year away from release, the old one looked too good to be real.

This demo will be released publicly for PAX, so I bet there will be quality pass over everything since its 2+ months and it will look good.

Some interesting questions(and answers too!)

He actually contradict himself about Rockerboy, saying that a Rockerboy agenda would be about "setting up a concert", while at the same time saying that the game will have a lots of Rockerboy vibe because of Johnny Silverhand, but that only prooves that a Rockerboy agenda doesn't have to be about "setting up a concert".

Roles aren't as much about motives as they are about abilities (even if yeah, considering what we learned about gameplay, Rockerboy would not have fit at all).

Interesting. So they do want to implement original Deus Ex progression system regarding the weapons, so things like more precise crosshair, reload speed and reduced recoil as you uprade your skills. I really hope it will make it to the final game.

Interesting. So they do want to implement original Deus Ex progression system regarding the weapons, so things like more precise crosshair, reload speed and reduced recoil as you uprade your skills. I really hope it will make it to the final game.
If they keep this and remove the magical +X% DMG perks bullshit... :ok::ok::ok:

The interviewer is such an amateur.
This demo will be released publicly for PAX, so I bet there will be quality pass over everything since its 2+ months and it will look good.
I have no doubts that the pre-recorded video of a controlled situation we'll see at PAX, maybe with some good subtle post production, will look nice. The important thing is that the game will be good at release.

Me too. That's the reason why currently consider the game as being "RPG light": Somewhat taste like RPG, lacks the sugar though.
That would make sense. As a veteran myself, I know the more you can "keep it together" the more steady your aim and the more focused you are. If you are a "high strung" person who doesn't react well to stress (Having a "low cool"), when the adrenalin starts pumping, you won't be able to hit much when shooting because you will be shaking like a fish out of water.

so far it sound like cool will be the stat for shooting (= the most important for solos, if not for all classes since the FPS elements are very strong in this game).
I thought cool would've been one of those stats that give you random buffs like "luck" in fallout (= totally ignored by me), man, I was wrong. :shrug:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom