E3 2019 & post-E3 2019 - Media News & Previews

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't want to pollute Rawls fresh new threat, so I'll post it here:

You need to be careful with body modifications in Night City though. In CP2020, if you installed too much Cyberware, you could become a "Cyberpsycho" who has completely lost touch with their humanity and control of their actions. However, in a cRPG cyberpsychosis would essentially be a Game Over for the player, so CDPR is handling it another way.

Some games actually doesn't shy away even from such extremes (I won't even talk about the non extreme, but serious, problem that normally goes with cyber as it seems I'm the only one to remember it exist(ed) ), as for exemple the famed Vampire: The Masquerade Bloodlines, where going feral isn't a Game Over.
And yes, that game is also "Story first, everything else second".

This has a nice few details about netrunning. And combat is still being questioned, unfortunately. The one thing I was worried most about CP2077.
Bummer. Combat seems to be the most criticized element from the demo. On the upside he said driving looked solid.

Guest 4149880

Bummer. Combat seems to be the most criticized element from the demo. On the upside he said driving looked solid.

Who's criticizing it? What sources are you referring too because that makes a huge difference.

Guest 4149880

People at E3. I haven't made a list but I've heard at least 5 or 6 journos say combat was either the least interesting part of the demo or it looked outright bad.

In comparison to last years demo? Which a lot of people loved. I wouldn't put much credit into what journalist are saying unless they're at least trust worthy source or seeing it first hand.

Guest 4149880

Many of them are trustworthy, this is their job. And of course I'm referring to people who saw it first hand.

Are you saying because they have a job in journalism, that makes trust worthy? There has already been a lot of bad coverage on 2077 so far... I would just like to know who's criticizing certain aspects regarding the game. Some of it might hold weight, some maybe not.

People at E3. I haven't made a list but I've heard at least 5 or 6 journos say combat was either the least interesting part of the demo or it looked outright bad.

Spieltimes said on this:

“The bullet damage, ragdoll animations, and enemy response to taking damage is carefully animated and highly detailed”

Anne Munition also mentioned there ( seems to be) locational damage ( npcs limping/shoot in legs, and similar)

Still, reports seem to be wildly inconsistent. On last year demo's some compared it to ID shooter ( which is plain ridiculous) and it turned out our Madqueen's report was far more accurate.

The writing quality seems improved ( no more "I've got news as big as my balls" cringe), so it seems what we hear mentioned the most are: Gunplay/Melee, driving, Performance and enemy AI.

If I were in Iwinski's shoes, I'd offer king's ransom as sallary and try to bring some people from ID, Respawn, or Bungie ( the "big three" when it comes to FPS, at the moment).

Also CDPR's "neighbours", Techland, really did an excellent job on camera, melee and movement in Dying Light.

Unfortunately, CDPR lost talented FPS designers when some of them left the company and created Flying Wild Hog. Shadow Warrior's FP melee in particular is some of the best I've experienced.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom