E3 2019 & post-E3 2019 - Media News & Previews

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's way more thematic than "This bandit dropped a "Magic Axe" which is identical to the normal axe his buddy was wielding."
I'll believe it once I'll see it, the existance of "lgendary loot" already rings several bells to me.
Based on some impressions I read, it seems like Animals were around 10 levels higher then V
https://www.ign.com/articles/2019/06/11/cyberpunk-2077-new-gameplay-details-from-the-e3-2019-demo
both animals and V were level 18, at some point V levels up to 19.
I think that might be fixed by the division between Street Cred and EXP, so you won't be able to receive much more challenging sidequests unless your Street Cred is high enough.
I agree, that is a good thing, my problem with street creds is that they unlock perks as well. The nature of these perk points scares me a lot.
1563223572436.png

Your right about at 6 levels.
I don't know at what difficulty you guys played it, but at 3/4 they became already "sword-sponges", at death march fighting an overlevelled enemy took me minutes. The problem with TW3's difficulty is not the difficulty itself (it's quite an easy game, in particular if you break it with overpowered builds whiche were quite easy to achieve) but enemies' DMG output/input, totally unfair: geralt needs 7 hits to kill a bandit, but the bandit kills him with 2 hits? I thought I was supposed to play as a master witcher...

P.S.

@Snowflakez when I say I doubt we'll see the full demo. I pity the girl who says she prefers the shorter version because she can't keep focus for 50 minutes and feels overwhelmed with all those info. Poor poor little girl...
Post automatically merged:

Interview with Colin Walder, the Co-Lead for Audio and Localization:

Audio design in FPP is extremely important: audio helps in understanding where enemies are (I think to 5.1 or even better 7.1 audio). It needs to be done just right.

Last edited:
I see. Maybe the guy I was referring to didn't notice it correctly.

I agree, that is a good thing, my problem with street creds is that they unlock perks as well. The nature of these perk points scares me a lot.
Both Street Cred and EXP are used to unlock perks, but the question is if they are used to unlock perks from the same list (the one connected to skills) or maybe different ones. The first one I don't see working very well in combination with other systems, but if it's the second case, they might be used to unlock different kinds of social perks, like discounts in the local shops, new types of items you can buy or making local gangs/police more forgiving regarding your transgressions.

I don't know at what difficulty you guys played it, but at 3/4 they became already "sword-sponges", at death march fighting an overlevelled enemy took me minutes.

The combat taking "minutes" is exactly what I find to be perfectly manageable. To me a "spongy enemy" means someone that you had to hit much more then 10 times to take down. I guess I just have much more lenient definition of "bulletsponge". Basically as long as your proper attacks take a noticeable chunk of enemy's health, instead of just a tiny bits, I don't think of him as such.

I thought I was supposed to play as a master witcher...
Who (almost) died by getting pierced by random peasant with a pitchfork still covered in shit, mind you. :D

Audio design in FPP is extremely important: audio helps in understanding where enemies are (I think to 5.1 or even better 7.1 audio). It needs to be done just right.
You should definitely check this interview with Colin Walder where he talks a lot about Cyberpunk 2077 audio design, including the things you are talking about (the website might get a little funky at times, it may need a few refreshments).

https://www.fandom.com/articles/cyberpunk-2077-audio

On other subjects, I finally found the source for the informations about the special timed offers thing, that I mentioned earlier. It was right under my nose, but I didn't notice, because the article didn't describe the demo in the linear manner:
https://www.ppe.pl/publicystyka/8028/cyberpunk-2077-wrazenia-demo-2.html

There is also a discussion panel from Game Pressure (including the author of the sceptical article I posted above) about all it's members impressions of Cyberpunk 2077, but it's entirely in Polish and there is no English subtitles (and I'm not that dedicated to make those for hour long video, unless it would include some really in-depth info).

Some more interesting points:

- the dialogue choices you unlock through the skills or background choice are not always just an "instant win button" and in fact might lead you to outcomes that you might not find desirable, therefore you must always pay attention to the option you pick

- one much appreciated detail was that you push the buttons of the interactive terminals in game, instead of switching to another menu, as it often happens in the other games (I wonder if the hacking minigame also works the same way)

I know this is mostly off topic but I have to say, it's nice to find such a different demeanor on these forums versus a large CP2077 'fan' facebook group. Those guys are absolutely ravenous when trying to bring up legitimate criticism. There's a strange blind faith most of them follow, along with outright denial despite sources. I left the group. There's only so much "shut up, it's CDPR" one can take when trying to discuss possible faults and areas for improvement lol

Who (almost) died by getting pierced by random peasant with a pitchfork still covered in shit, mind you. :D
I know, but he was "fighting" a crowd, not 3 bandits and still, I don't think those peasants were "bullet-sponges" :p
- one much appreciated detail was that you push the buttons of the interactive terminals in game, instead of switching to another menu, as it often happens in the other games (I wonder if the hacking minigame also works the same way)
Could you elaborate more? Is there an animation for that or you simply
point and click (eg in the elevator during the 48 min demo)?the latter we already knew and is definetely a good thing. A quick animation (think dying light or doom 2016 when the doomslayer punches the keypads) would add a lot of immersion, but I've heard CDPR don't want to do it.

Could you elaborate more? Is there an animation for that or you simply
point and click (eg in the elevator during the 48 min demo)?the latter we already knew and is definetely a good thing. A quick animation (think dying light or doom 2016 when the doomslayer punches the keypads) would add a lot of immersion, but I've heard CDPR don't want to do it.
They didn't elaborated on that to this extent.

EDIT: Another interesting information that maybe you knew from another source, but nevertheless, Cyberpunk 2077 is first written in Polish (I know some people were wondering about that), then translated into English.

- the dialogue choices you unlock through the skills or background choice are not always just an "instant win button" and in fact might lead you to outcomes that you might not find desirable, therefore you must always pay attention to the option you pick

I found this quote very interesting , in most games when you can unlock a certain dialog it`s the right thing to say .

I found this quote very interesting , in most games when you can unlock a certain dialog it`s the right thing to say .

Yeah it's a nice change from the "INTIMIDATE" or "CHARM" skills that always win you the argument if maxed out

Some nice things there.

But also things that don’t sound very reassuring (like the bits about solutions for not being comfortable with shooters that pretty much amounted to ”lower the difficulty or use autoaim weapon that does a bit less damage”).

Very very happy about this

Sounds great. Is the whole of Night City open from the start? Or is it like unlocked over time?

We’re not going to have this locked, invisible wall where you can’t go past it because we show a message on the screen saying you must go back. It doesn’t make sense, right? It’s like I just crossed the street, what’s the issue? So we won’t have anything like that.

Sounds great. Is the whole of Night City open from the start? Or is it like unlocked over time?

We’re not going to have this locked, invisible wall where you can’t go past it because we show a message on the screen saying you must go back. It doesn’t make sense, right? It’s like I just crossed the street, what’s the issue? So we won’t have anything like that.

But you might venture into some places where enemies are way tougher than you can handle.

Yep. We have UI to help lead players. Actually, in the demo, you can see the NPCs levels and that will give you a quick gauge of how to make sure that you want to engage. We are an RPG after all and that’s one of the implications of an RPG, you want to do progression. But like in The Witcher 3, you could always just run to Novigrad, you could have skipped the Baron quest, you could even go to Skellige if you managed to get enough money to pay for the boat. That freedom in an open world is pretty awesome and I think Cyberpunk 2077 is going to be very similar. But of course, you know, in The Witcher 3 when you were like level one and went to Novigrad you didn’t have a very fun time. You might expect something similar here, but you can still go if you want to.

Ok, so now we officially know how level system works in CP2077: same as TW3. Predictable, but still a bummer. Extremely immersion breaking. Can we say that bullet sponges are confirmed as well or is it too early? I mean, those words are pretty clear and sound like a (death) sentence.

Now my hopes for a fresh/immersive progression system rely only on dying light 2.

We’re also considering accessibility at a very strong level, including stuff like subtitles for people who might have trouble reading some of the text in our game. That’s very important for us.
Thank God. My poor eyes, every time is a struggle.

Ok, so now we officially know how level system works in CP2077: same as TW3. Predictable, but still a bummer. Extremely immersion breaking. Can we say that bullet sponges are confirmed as well or is it too early? I mean, those words are pretty clear and sound like a (death) sentence.

Now my hopes for a fresh/immersive progression system rely only on dying light 2.

Thank God. My poor eyes, every time is a struggle.

I must admit, I've changed my mind on this. There's no so much freedom when you can't explore this building you've just come across because you're getting one shot by a random thug inside who's 10 lvl higher than you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom