E3 2019 & post-E3 2019 - Media News & Previews

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
There was a polish radio interview with Paweł Sasko and Marcin Przybyłowicz at Antyradio, but sadly I missed it and I couldn't find the way to replay it, so all I can do is quoting a reddit user IanCaesars who listened to it.
  • Creating soundtrack for Cyberpunk 2077 is different challenge than for Witcher 3, because of few simple reasons: it's bigger project overall, there weren't many complications with music structure in Witcher world; when locations change you hear another music and that's basically it. In Cyberpunk on the other hand it's more expanded because there are another effects like night clubs, radio on the streets, music in cars and lively city in general with multiple sources of sound from different directions.
  • They've been working with Refused for a while, and when at some point they got full plan for the cooperation, another member of composers team - Piotr Adamczyk visited the band in Sweden and they recorded an album within two weeks. It has been mentioned before, but they're trying to use Samurai's lyrics as much as possible, with certain modifications which fit the narrative.
  • Marcin Przybyłowicz said that another key role in music directing is to choose music which fits their world in the most possible way (he meant music not composed by them, which they want to include in the soundtrack). His role is to "predict" what combinations of music might appear in the future, how music evolves and what society likes to listen.
  • They mentioned in Cyberpunk 2077 they have prepared something like Priscilla performance, but on much bigger scale.
  • This one is a bit of banal, but talking about endings, the most crucial for them is to create many of them, but at the same time with depth and importance of your story through the game.
  • Their main purpose for quests is to include as much non-linearity as possible, skills tree is very helpful to diversify possible choices.
  • Crafting system has two areas in the game. It will let you modify stats of your weapon, but also its look.
  • Braindance will appear in the game, but Paweł didn't really want to speak about it.
  • You don't need any understanding of cyberpunk world before starting the game, but players who know Pondsmith's work and other art from genre will feel it in a different way. Paweł Sasko compared it to playing the Witcher 3 when knowing content from Sapkowski's books.

Such a great scene. I loved it. Glad to hear something similar will be in 2077.

I picture it as an underground singer, who you establish a relationship with somehow (as you did with Priscilla), hacks the city's billboards and TVs and plays for everyone. Some kind of rebellious song, perhaps, or maybe something softer like this.

That'd be cool.

I picture it as an underground singer, who you establish a relationship with somehow (as you did with Priscilla), hacks the city's billboards and TVs and plays for everyone. Some kind of rebellious song, perhaps, or maybe something softer like this.

That'd be cool.
Haha hacking all the screens in the city to broadcast a gig is a great idea

https://www.gamesradar.com/cyberpunk-2077-oxm-screenshots/

And mike pondsmith will play a character in the game: https://www.gamesradar.com/cyberpunk-creator-mike-pondsmith-will-play-a-character-in-cyberpunk-2077/

@Lilayah images say "xbox magazine" but those are screenshot from the highest possible settings on a uber PC, right?

Last edited:
Anyone have a higher resolution version of this screenshot?
Nevermind, found it. Supposedly it came up in some German magazine on the 6th of July.

P.S. I really hope it’s not the only way we first meet Johnny Silverhand otherwise the moment has been completely spoiled.

CE72F7EC-1030-4CB6-86EB-DCF3AFCFC929.jpeg

Last edited:
https://www.gamesradar.com/cyberpunk-2077-oxm-screenshots/

And mike pondsmith will play a character in the game: https://www.gamesradar.com/cyberpunk-creator-mike-pondsmith-will-play-a-character-in-cyberpunk-2077/

@Lilayah images say "xbox magazine" but those are screenshot from the highest possible settings on a uber PC, right?
Love the first screenshot! I do wonder where people are getting these from. I mean, I know its the Xbox Magazine, but where is that acquired? It doesnt look like a physical magazine scan.

That'd be cool.

Lizzy Wizzy ?

Love the first screenshot! I do wonder where people are getting these from. I mean, I know its the Xbox Magazine, but where is that acquired? It doesnt look like a physical magazine scan.
GamesRadar+ sister publication OXM got two exclusive new images for the game for the latest issue of the magazine, and we're excited to be able to share them with you right here.
they got the screenshots from CDPR and share it between the same company ("sister publication").

I hardly believe that's xbox one x graphics, though. Also, the bike's reflection in the pond looks more like a drawing that in-engine graphics, so I wouldn't be surprised if it's been edited in. It's also true that we (I) don't know how the last version of red engine renders reflections. Let's wait for someone to clarify it (or not).
All of this looks pretty current gen console to me
I can guarantee that not even RDR2 gets close to that lightning and it's (by far) the best graphics we have on consoles, even better than any sony's exclusive which usually are the best for that.
I agree that the polygon count and model complexity in general are totally current-gen (as it was the 48 min demo), but I wouldn't take too much in consideration a compressed screenshot for the textures' quality.

Plus, we know that companies always show the best looking version (= freaking expensive PC with ray tracing, 4k and shit) unless they have some agreement. Now, CP was announced on microsfot's stage, but both demo were running on uber PC, and CDPR claimed they'll show console versions close to release so... We'll see, not a real problem. :)
Post automatically merged:

I really hope it’s not the only way we first meet Johnny Silverhand otherwise the moment has been completely spoiled.
my 2 cents:
e3 trailer was NOT just after the maelstrom, but later. maelstrom is dex's first mission to get his trust, the he asks V to get the immortality chip (in fact V in the trailer brings him the chip in the no tell motel, not the bot at the afterlife). V and jackie go and take it, jackie gets shot (scripted event), we don't know if he dies or not since V goes to dex alone (so he could've dropped jackie at some clinic), dex shoots V in the head and throws his body in the dump, the immortality chip activates and silverhand with it.

Last edited:
my 2 cents:
e3 trailer was NOT just after the maelstrom, but later. maelstrom is dex's first mission to get his trust, the he asks V to get the immortality chip (in fact V in the trailer brings him the chip in the no tell motel, not the bot at the afterlife). V and jackie go and take it, jackie gets shot (scripted event), we don't know if he dies or not since V goes to dex alone (so he could've dropped jackie at some clinic), dex shoots V in the head and throws his body in the dump, the immortality chip activates and silverhand with it.

If that’s indeed the case then the moment has been spoiled. I’d love it if the junkyard scene is only one of the possibilities with another having Jackie alive and meeting Silverhand in some other way.

Anyone have a higher resolution version of this screenshot?
Nevermind, found it. Supposedly it came up in some German magazine on the 6th of July.

P.S. I really hope it’s not the only way we first meet Johnny Silverhand otherwise the moment has been completely spoiled.

View attachment 11011072
This was mentioned in a previous article/magazine to be concept art, not a screenshot of anything in game.

they got the screenshots from CDPR and share it between the same company ("sister publication").

I hardly believe that's xbox one x graphics, though. Also, the bike's reflection in the pond looks more like a drawing that in-engine graphics, so I wouldn't be surprised if it's been edited in. It's also true that we (I) don't know how the last version of red engine renders reflections. Let's wait for someone to clarify it (or not).

I can guarantee that not even RDR2 gets close to that lightning and it's (by far) the best graphics we have on consoles, even better than any sony's exclusive which usually are the best for that.
I agree that the polygon count and model complexity in general are totally current-gen (as it was the 48 min demo), but I wouldn't take too much in consideration a compressed screenshot for the textures' quality.

Plus, we know that companies always show the best looking version (= freaking expensive PC with ray tracing, 4k and shit) unless they have some agreement. Now, CP was announced on microsfot's stage, but both demo were running on uber PC, and CDPR claimed they'll show console versions close to release so... We'll see, not a real problem. :)

my 2 cents:
Outside of ambition, I'm not sure why people compare this to RDR2. Nothing about the lighting, landscape, structures, clothing, anything would be the same. Yeah, no surprise that the lighting in 1911 wouldn't be the same as 2077. I'd be mad if they tried to do that lol

This was mentioned in a previous article/magazine to be concept art, not a screenshot of anything in game.
ah ok. :cool: fair enough.
Outside of ambition, I'm not sure why people compare this to RDR2. Nothing about the lighting, landscape, structures, clothing, anything would be the same. Yeah, no surprise that the lighting in 1911 wouldn't be the same as 2077. I'd be mad if they tried to do that lol
because RDR2 is the excellence in graphics on consoles and not only for open world games. style will be different, of course, but "how well a game runs on consoles" regards the techincal aspects (draw distance, AA, frame rate...) is what we're looking at.
No one asks for 60fps, ultra settings and whatever on consoles, but RDR2 has undoubtedly set the bar.

My 2 (very realistic) cents: CP2077 won't run as well as RDR2, and it's not a problem (given it runs at least as good s TW3).

https://wccftech.com/cyberpunk-2077-very-noir-game-it-accepts-the-world/

It’s a very noir game in the sense that it accepts the world for what it is. Cyberpunk 2077 does comment on it at times, but it never tells you how to live. You’re a victim of circumstance and you go with the flow; you sometimes change the flow, but you can’t reverse it. In that sense, we will show you what can happen if you go to the extremes of body modification, but we won’t say that it’s bad – that decision will always be yours to make.

So we have these ads in Cyberpunk 2077, right? And they often show products or movies that don’t really exist in the game, but the fantasy is people buy or watch them. One of these ads is a poster for a movie called ‘Foreign Body’ – the poster shows a person holding back their own hand which is holding a knife and trying to stab them. I think the whole concept is, in a way, beautiful – very dark and Black Mirror-esque. Gameplay-wise, it also opens up some cool avenues. I mean, during this year’s E3 demo, we’ve shown these little Daemon programs that are able to quick-hack an enemy into committing suicide.

ah ok. :cool: fair enough.

because RDR2 is the excellence in graphics on consoles and not only for open world games. style will be different, of course, but "how well a game runs on consoles" regards the techincal aspects (draw distance, AA, frame rate...) is what we're looking at.
No one asks for 60fps, ultra settings and whatever on consoles, but RDR2 has undoubtedly set the bar.

My 2 (very realistic) cents: CP2077 won't run as well as RDR2, and it's not a problem (given it runs at least as good s TW3).
I dunno. RDR2's lighting still looks way better than this to me. Have you been to Saint Denis at night? What about the mountains as the sun is setting?

Yeah -- gonna have to disagree here.

That said, I'm playing on PC, so its console performance doesn't strictly affect me. Can't wait for an RDR2 port, whenever that happens, then I can really compare the two.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom