E3 2019 & post-E3 2019 - Media News & Previews

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm referring specifically to the topic. The "E3 2019 Media News and Previews" thread. Not the "Radiant Quests" thread.

We've now been off-topic for 2 or 3 pages. I'd be surprised the mods haven't stepped, but some of them are taking part in it. :p

No matter. It's not my business. But it may be best to keep this particular thread clear, so that actual news doesn't get drowned out.

On that note, new screenshot from the @CyberpunkGame Twitter account:

View attachment 11011354

Is this Placide, or just another member of the Voodoo boys with similar tattoos/wiring?

But the character's skin looks a lot like plastic (hopefully cdpr can make fine modules anyway this is a 2020 game) :sad:

I see what you mean, but it doesn't bother me that much. I think the graphics are otherwise really good. Something like skin textures won't bother me too much.

That said, they need to up their Cybernetics game. In the sneak peek we saw, V's red Gorilla Arms looked like a plastic toy.

I see what you mean, but it doesn't bother me that much. I think the graphics are otherwise really good. Something like skin textures won't bother me too much.

That said, they need to up their Cybernetics game. In the sneak peek we saw, V's red Gorilla Arms looked like a plastic toy.

Did you see the new demo ?

New screen...

aueo3tjlane31.jpg

This is the lmg that we can rip off the turret if we have the cyberarms installed.

The devs will be answering more questions at Gamescom this year.

I'll try to dig up my old list and see what has been answered and what wasn't.

EDIT:

OK, This was my list.

1. Are non-lethal takedowns still in the game? (Yes)
  2. Are there skills for persuading, seducing, or bluffing NPCs? (Not that we've seen)
  3. What, exactly, does the Cool attribute do? (Answered)
  4. Was there an alternate entrance into the All Foods Factory besides the one we saw in the demo? Regardless, will there often be alternate, stealthier entrances into areas such as this? (Unknown, but it was a vague and outdated question)
  5. If you had to guess, how many missions support stealth or stealthy solutions? (Unknown, probably won't be answered, discarding)
  6. Related to #1, are there any non-lethal weapons in the game, such as blackjacks, sleep darts, or stun guns? (Yes)
  7. Related to #7 and #1, will the game react to your decision to take enemies down non-lethally, or is it just for flavor? (Yes)
  8. To what degree will weapon skills affect combat, specifically shooting? Straight damage bonus or more nuanced? (Answered)
  9. Is "Beaverville" in the game, and if so, is it essentially Heywood? (Unknown, but probably yes)
  10. Will there be animations for interacting with environmental objects (keypads, doors, picking stuff up)? (No)
  11. Can players sit down in chairs? Sleep in beds? (Unknown)
  12. What is the biggest change players will notice between the finished game/latest build and what they saw during the first 48-minute demo? (Unknown)
  13. How will the crime system work, assuming there is one at all? (Soooorta answered?)
  14. What is the Style menu? (Still in-game, but Pawel Sasko wouldn't confirm what it is)
  15. How does the loot system work? Is it levelled loot like TW3? (Unknown)
  16. What was the Braindance button in V's apartment for? (Unknown)
  17. Is any cyberware gated behind skills, perks, or attributes? (I forgot, but probably answered)
  18. Is there any fashionware in the game (or purely/mostly cosmetic cyberware in general)? (Unknown)
  19. The last time this was asked, the answer was understandably non-committal due to the early stage of the game. So, to ask again, can you get cyberware that is visibly different? (Yes you can)
  20. What does dwindling humanity affect, assuming the player can not go full cyber psycho? (No humanity system in the game anymore)

So, we can trim this down to the following:
  • Can players sit down in chairs? Sleep in beds?
  • How does the loot system work? Is it levelled loot like TW3?
  • is there any fashionware in the game (or purely/mostly cosmetic cyberware in general)?
  • How does the skill system in general work? Are unique abilities unlocked as you advance a skill, or is it purely for passive bonuses and succeeding at skill checks?

They actually answered a lot of my questions. It's interesting to have it in context now.

If anyone has any ideas for questions to ask at this next AnswerTime, please @mention me here. You don't need to have them added to this list, but I'm interested in discussing.

Last edited:
Good to know, but I'm not wasting my time again: I don't expect any significant answer in terms of gameplay, same as last Q&A on tumblr.
I don't expect anything from gamescom (from CDPR I mean, very eager about death strandings and maybe dying light 2), good things will come at PAX in little more than 2 weeks from now. To be honest we know pretty much everything about the demo already, but I want to see how bad/good are combat animations and driving. Lost my hopes for everything else I thought needed to be improved from 2018.
Absolutely my personal point of view. Not necessarily objective.

Last edited:
Good to know, but I'm not wasting my time again: I don't expect any significant answer in terms of gameplay, same as last Q&A on tumblr.
I don't expect anything from gamescom (from CDPR I mean, very eager about death strandings and maybe dying light 2), good things will come at PAX in little more than 2 weeks from now. To be honest we know pretty much everything about the demo already, but I want to see how bad/good are combat animations and driving. Lost my hopes for everything else I thought needed to be improved from 2018.
Absolutely my personal point of view. Not necessarily objective.
There are still lingering small questions worth asking. Specifically, the levelled loot thing, which still hasn't been officially confirmed.

And there are other things I'd like answered that don't relate to the gameplay. Immersive touches and the like. I'll certainly be asking some stuff but I understand if you'd prefer not to.

• Can players sit down in chairs? Sleep in beds?
  • is there any fashionware in the game (or purely/mostly cosmetic cyberware in general)?
these 2 have good chances to get an answer (in particular the first one)

• How does the loot system work? Is it levelled loot like TW3?
  • How does the skill system in general work? Are unique abilities unlocked as you advance a skill, or is it purely for passive bonuses and succeeding at skill checks?
these 2 have zero chances but maybe we're lucky. :)
the skill system will be clearer when we see the demo, stop the video and check the skills. Given they'll show it, apparently it was shown behind closed doors (50min demo) but not to "normal" E3 attendants (20min demo). Let's see how generous CDPR is with us. :shrug:

P.S. I'm ready to bet that the "subject to change"-disclaimer will be present.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom