E3 2019 & post-E3 2019 - Media News & Previews

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Source? I would be honestly surprised if they don't showcase the Nanowire since it was the main go to weapon in e3 demo. I don't remember any other melee weapon being center of attention.. Am i forgetting anything?

Nanowire is still showcased for what I understand, not the hammer.

Anyway, not in english, have fun with google translate: https://www.everyeye.it/articoli/an...t-riporta-night-city-demo-gamescom-45013.html

I can (poorly) translate the few important lines:

Do you remember the issue of melee combat? Do you remember the famous Sasquatch's hammer that gave us everything but a nice impression? All that part has been completely removed from the presentation, all the melee and hand-to-hand combat, as evidence of how the message was actually received, so now let's cross our fingers and look ahead, there is still quite a lot of time until April 16th ....

EDIT: I fixed it because google translate is worse than I expected.

Nanowire is still showcased for what I understand, not the hammer.

Anyway, not in english, have fun with google translate: https://www.everyeye.it/articoli/an...t-riporta-night-city-demo-gamescom-45013.html

I can (poorly) translate the few important lines:

EDIT: I fixed it because google translate is worse than I expected.

Oh, the hammer. It never was a big part of the demo anyway so i didn't really expect it here..Anyway some more screenshots.

Also two other screenshots that are not on their twitter.

SCREENSHOT 1
SCREENSHOT 2

source

Last edited:
I wonder why screenshots never show levels and numbers popping out but then the game has them as a fundamental part. Oh, maybe I know why... :coolstory:

Last edited:
Most amazing thing about those screens is that the HUD elements are pushed to the edges where they should be.

BTW I think those signs on screen will let us play without the minimap better than the compass. That's good. They don't solve the problem with driving completely but it's good to have them.

1566390891945.png

I think those will be removed with the hardcore mode, not cyberware-dependant UI (like minimap).

A revolver with autofire!??!

View attachment 11012747

It would definitely be cool if a lot of the weapons had different firing rates than can be set by the player character, as many current day military grade weapons function that way. Ex: Assault rifles which have a lever that can switched between semi-automatic, 3 round burst, or fully automatic depending on the model.

It would definitely be cool if a lot of the weapons had different firing rates than can be set by the player character, as many current day military grade weapons function that way. Ex: Assault rifles which have a lever that can switched between semi-automatic, 3 round burst, or fully automatic depending on the model.

All the weapons have 2 firing modes, read my last post, but a full auto revolver is very odd.

By the way the minimap looks like straight out of MGS.

Last edited:
I presume that most players will first finish the story rather than do everything there is because that's pretty time-consuming.
But time-consuming is good; the more stuff there is to do, the longer the game will be. Finishing the story as a primary objective... no thank you. :p

I like the implementation of NG+ in Witcher 3; hopefully they'll do something not totally different with Cyberpunk.

@Mybrokenenglish
im more concerned about the orange dots on the minimap that leads you to your objective
too much hand holding imo, should be outright removed with or without hardcore
edit: i read that HUD elements change based on your implants so thats reassuring

Last edited:
I really can't complain about the presentation and what they showed. I wanted to be both open with my expectations and yet be nitpicky, but in hindsight, not much to complain about. I'm more so pleasantly surprised about so many details or aspects. From the very detailed world to the dynamic dialogue and the atmosphere and voice quality of the various people.

A nice "tease" of Pacifica with the areas they showed, live gameplay felt cohesive (not "clunky") and the weapon-play was good, too. "Hit feedback" seemed realistic and I love that 'average enemies' do not feel like bullet sponges - special people or bosses might be different of course, but even then I think it feel feel "organic" to engage them or weaken them opposing to blindly or simply shooting down health bars.

Nano wire was ... exotic, to say the least.

I really can't complain about the presentation and what they showed. I wanted to be both open with my expectations and yet be nitpicky, but in hindsight, not much to complain about. I'm more so pleasantly surprised about so many details or aspects. From the very detailed world to the dynamic dialogue and the atmosphere and voice quality of the various people.

A nice "tease" of Pacifica with the areas they showed, live gameplay felt cohesive (not "clunky") and the weapon-play was good, too. "Hit feedback" seemed realistic and I love that 'average enemies' do not feel like bullet sponges - special people or bosses might be different of course, but even then I think it feel feel "organic" to engage them or weaken them opposing to blindly or simply shooting down health bars.

So i am guessing you saw the demo..Not sure if this is a good place to talk about it but what were the improvements compared to last year's demo. If you can think of anything specific i.e

have you seen melee combat and the skill trees?

Last edited:
20fps on RTX Titan, omg. Now i'm waiting for another huge downgrade from CDPR
the article doesn't say it ran on a titan and even more importantly it says it's absolutely normal for a game which has 9 months of development left (keep in mind that optimization is the last thing done in any game). It also says no downgrade is observable in terms of graphics.

thanks for sharing, btw. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom