E3 2019 & post-E3 2019 - Media News & Previews

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's remember this is the Media News thread, not the Discuss Gameplay thread. Please don't derail it, or posts will be deleted. A comment or three on the news article reported is fine, but for actual discussion, go to the appropriate thread - or start one.

No, this is also not permission to restart the FPP/TPP thread. That ship has sailed. Topic specific, please.

So tell me how will sex scenes be in the game without TPP. That will be strange.
I'm pretty sure they'll be in TPP but if not they'll be similar to videos you can find on some website under the "POV" category.

I refuse to say it's the same as having sex IRL because it's not, ofc.

EDIT: sorry, I was writing while the mod post was being written.

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=auto&tl=en&u=https://www.nightcitylife.de/index.php/interviews-artikel/180-e3-2019-interview-mit-senior-level-designer-miles-tost

Full version of NightCityLife.de interview with Miles Tost.

- known from Cyberpunk 2020 amusement park Playland by the Sea makes an appearance in 2077, but Miles is not sure if you will be able to utilize it's attractions

- he won't confirm if Bozos (the evil clown gang) will appear in the game, but his reaction definitely seems to implying that they will

-
Voodoo Boys treat Alt Cunningham almost like a deity, due to her being a first fully digitilized Netrunner in history, which is why they often refer to the Net using religious vocabulary, like calling Ripperdocs, who provide Cyberware necessary to access it, a Chrome Shamans. They also mention Doctor Victor from the first demo

- regarding the level design differences between Cyberpunk and The Witcher 3, Miles do admits that Witcher was more convenient, because it included a lot of open spaces, allowing him to expand locations however he needed most of the times, while Cyberpunk containst a lot more buildings with interiors that can't be easily expanded due to the way the city streets are set up, however he consider those kind of limitations as something that really makes his creativity going, since he has to pack a lot of stuff within a limited amount of horizontal space

- in level design of building interiors they try to reduce the amount of forced backtracking, so the player won't have too waste too much time in order to leave the building after quest associated with it is completed

- another thing that makes level design in Cyberpunk more interesting to him is V's greater mobility, due to his ability to climb things more effectively then Geralt, as well as his cyberware related skills like double jumps and charged jumps, which allows level designers to set up a lot of hidden, alternate paths for the players

- V is capable of climbing the exteriors of tall buildings, which will be often associated with some kind of quests and side activities. While so far in the demos they shown mostly a ground levels, Miles says that V will be able to experience a lot of dizzying heights

- they are aiming to make every district as different from one another like Skellige was from Novigrad. They are also implementing different landmarks and orientation points that should help player find his way through the city, as well as locations without any additional help

- another difference between Witcher and Cyberpunk is that due to The Witcher 3 being TPP game, whenever you were going inside some house, Geralt would always enter first, then camera behind him, which meant that they would have to always leave an extra bit of free space close to the entrance, because otherwise Geralt would always walk on the table. Since in CP character enters through the door at the same time as the camera, they don't have to worry about that anymore. Also because of V's greater moving speed (both on his feet, as well as in the car) then Geralt's, they also needed to approach city design differently

- to the open world side content, which is not part of the quests (although some of it may evolve into one), they refer to as Street Stories, so that would be the equivalent of monster nests, bandit camps and so on from The Witcher 3, however both the scope, as well as the complexity of that type of side content is much greater in Cyberpunk, because it's gameplay is also much more complex. Storytelling (and the way it's presented) contained within Street Stories is significantly more extensive then in side activities of The Witcher 3, where it was mostly limited just to notes and letters, and each of them will give an additional insight into a daily life of Night City citizens. More of them are being unlocked as you progress through the main story and sidequests

- the game world will offer many different interactive objects that can be utilized by player's character, especially if he plays as techie or netrunner. There are still objects that can be used by all types of character, like a radio which you can turn on just to listen to music, but also utilize it to distract the enemy

The rest is the hacking related info, which I already covered.

EDIT: And to clarify one thing that was being discussed above, the sex scenes are still in the game and yes, they will be in first person.

hhkhkh.JPG

Another good interview to Marthe jonkers. Nothing too radically different from previous ones (like the Metro.co.uk one), though, except for a bit where she talks about the Santo Domingo district. Based on what she implied, it sounds like some of the dangers in that district might come from the environment, like industrial waste for instance.

So I just watched new gameplay video. It was kinda disappointing a little bit, so much edit cuts, almost incoherent sequence of scenes. Dont think it worked best on presenting what they wanted to show.

Probably just dialogue and a fade to black, since there aren't any cutscenes and FPP romance scenes would be cringey.
No I think they're going to do the sex scenes in first person. The message from one of the devs confirms it. I agree it's going to be cringey. There is a reason why no one has ever done this. It just won't look right. I wonder why they decided to go full FPP.

hhkhkh.JPG

No I think they're going to do the sex scenes in first person. The message from one of the devs confirms it. I agree it's going to be cringey. There is a reason why no one has ever done this. It just won't look right. I wonder why they decided to go full FPP.

View attachment 11013884

Wow just wow my head is spinning as to how they are going to be able to pull this off . Most people close their eyes when they kiss so are we going to see lots of black screens ? As the lovers go at it are we going to see weird close ups of someones ear ?

Wow just wow my head is spinning as to how they are going to be able to pull this off . Most people close their eyes when they kiss so are we going to see lots of black screens ? As the lovers go at it are we going to see weird close ups of someones ear ?
Dude I have no idea. Getting rid of TPP for sex scene seems really weird. I have never scene a game do FPP for a sex scene. I think it's going to look really awkward.

I just had a theory.

So, when V says "Mr. Hand sent me," I think many of us assumed (and perhaps CDPR WANTS us to assume...) that it's Johnny Silverhand. But how would the Voodoo Boys know who that is right away? How would they know V is sent by him right away?

I think "Mr. Hand" is Morgan Blackhand, and I think he's the one that saves you from the junkyard. To get you on your feet (undoubtedly with something in it for him, whatever that might be), he sends you to them; with or with out knowing they'll betray you.

The reason I think this is because we see someone who looks like it could be him in a piece of the game's art, which was never widely published but is still nonetheless somewhere in this thread. I'm sure several of you remember it.

Thoughts? Dunno where else to put this.

I just had a theory.

So, when V says "Mr. Hand sent me," I think many of us assumed (and perhaps CDPR WANTS us to assume...) that it's Johnny Silverhand. But how would the Voodoo Boys know who that is right away? How would they know V is sent by him right away?

I think "Mr. Hand" is Morgan Blackhand, and I think he's the one that saves you from the junkyard. To get you on your feet (undoubtedly with something in it for him, whatever that might be), he sends you to them; with or with out knowing they'll betray you.
1511 × 909

The reason I think this is because we see someone who looks like it could be him in a piece of the game's art, which was never widely published but is still nonetheless somewhere in this thread. I'm sure several of you remember it.

Thoughts? Dunno where else to put this.

I always thought it was the name of a Fixer not JS . I have seen the pic your talking about ( i found it ) but how old would MB be in 2077 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom