E3 2019 & post-E3 2019 - Media News & Previews

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
It was important enough to be listed in IMDB. Sure, it's not 100% confirmed, but very likely, considering the fact that Johnny's story will be one of the narrative pillars in CP2077 - his past will play a major role in the whole game. And Rogue is an important part of his past.

Why in the world are they doing so many private events? They never did this with any Witcher game. They also have to be showing a build that's almost a year old by now.
My theory is that they're trying to mess with Sard by continuing to show footage at private events that are too far from him to make it economically reasonable.

My theory is that they're trying to mess with Sard by continuing to show footage at private events that are too far from him to make it economically reasonable.

"Economically feasible" bah. Poverty is worth it! I'm just short on time right now.

I suppose this Q3 2019 earnings report qualifies as news since it contains some info about Cyberpunk. Most notably:
The visible increase in our expenditures in recent quarter comes mainly from CD PROJEKT RED’s development of Cyberpunk 2077, which has now entered its final, most intensive stage. More specifically, the main reason behind the increase involved expenses related to localization of Cyberpunk and especially the recording of multiple language soundtracks we are preparing as well as expenses on adapting The Witcher 3 for Nintendo Switch.

"Multiple language soundtracks" sounds interesting. I wonder what exactly it means; similar to what Witcher 3 has (e.g. 'Wolven Storm' has multiple audio language versions), or something else.

Soundtrack doesn't mean the general audio, in my opinion; it's the music. But interpretations vary, can only speculate at this point.

Well, yeah. Soundtrack would imply the score and licenced songs, etc.
But CDPR also uses terms like ”RPG game”, so...

And unless they have a boatload of songs, it doesn’t quite add up with the ”intensity” comment. Plus why localise songs in the first place?

"Multiple language soundtracks" sounds interesting. I wonder what exactly it means; similar to what Witcher 3 has (e.g. 'Wolven Storm' has multiple audio language versions), or something else.

My guess is that they mean both recorded dialogs and music lyrics.

I suppose this Q3 2019 earnings report qualifies as news since it contains some info about Cyberpunk. Most notably:

I can finally respond to that.

In my opinion it refers to the fact that since Night City is a multicultural city, obviously the songs we are going to hear in the radio will also reflect that, which means that the fictional bands in the game won't sing only in English, but also in other languages. So we will hear songs in Spanish, Japanese and so on, performed by the bands from different countries, which is why they are saying that soundtrack is in "multiple languages".

On that note, I forgot one very interesting detail that I wanted to mention above about the way the in-game translator works.

V starts with a basic set of augments, which will include translator as well, but at the start of the game it will only translate the most common languages in Night City (so, going with the same example as above, Spanish, Japanese and so on), but to be able to undestand less common languages, like Creole, you will have to buy right upgrades for your translator first, which is apparently a part of Kiroshi.

In my opinion it refers to the fact that since Night City is a multicultural city, obviously the songs we are going to hear in the radio will also reflect that, which means that the fictional bands in the game won't sing only in English, but also in other languages. So we will hear songs in Spanish, Japanese and so on, performed by the bands from different countries, which is why they are saying that soundtrack is in "multiple languages".
This would certainly make sense.

Interview with Marcin Blacha, story director for Cyberpunk 2077 who also worked on all the previous Witcher games.

In relation to Cyberpunk he recounts some of his favorite characters who appear in the game: prisoner who desires to achieve his lifelong dream during his single day of leave, an AI running a cab company (maybe the same one that we saw in E3 2019 trailer?) and a certain smart girl working at the ezoteric shop whose part time job is being a nurse (Misty?). He also mentions that according to his general calculations all the dialogues written for the game make for a two massive books, director commentary for them another two and all the non-voiced text probably four. Then there is also all the documentation for the game, which is also massive in size. Plus he considers world of Cyberpunk 2077 one of the characters.

There was also an interview with polish voice actors for male and female V.

Kamil Kula (male V) mentions that recently he recorded voiceover for one quest, which he believes in terms of emotions completely overshadows Bloody Baron plotline from The Witcher 3. Due to the raw emotions involved he even had to take a break in the middle of recording.

Kamil also said that there will be some quests and paths unique for male V, as well as quests and paths unique for female V.

Other then that they talked about how they were already recording dialogue for the game for 120 hours as a whole and are still not done. They were also surprised with how professional castings were, since usually they last around 15 minutes, but here every candidate was interviewed for around 45 minutes and during casting developers were present to make sure that their voices will fit the characters, which is also something that they never saw happening before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom