E3 2019 & post-E3 2019 - Media News & Previews

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fuck man. It sounds like the writers have a good take on this. Imagine if CDPR transitions seamlessly from a fantasy setting to Sci-fi, what kind of cred will they have? All they've done for the last 15 years is fantasy and then BAM, here's top quality sci-fi.

Fuck man. It sounds like the writers have a good take on this. Imagine if CDPR transitions seamlessly from a fantasy setting to Sci-fi, what kind of cred will they have? All they've done for the last 15 years is fantasy and then BAM, here's top quality sci-fi.
Honestly, I have some pretty good faith, even the gameplay from the shows, Videos and whatever has been showed so far looks beyond anything we've had before, between the aesthetic and the gameplay I'm really hoping they pull through with a finished project, so far it's been many years they have had their sights on the Cyberpunk world since E3 way back in the day with the first teaser and they have probably been working with some people for longer. So my high hopes to create what thrill I'm looking for.

With all the problems previous Witcher games had, writing was not one of them. Writing department is the one I'm least worried about when it comes to the transition from fantasy to cyberpunk.

With all the problems previous Witcher games had, writing was not one of them. Writing department is the one I'm least worried about when it comes to the transition from fantasy to cyberpunk.

Agreed.

I think they overwrote Witcher 3 to a certain degree, but in general I don’t (and haven’t) think writing was ever really something to get concerned about.

Interview with Marcin Blacha, story director for Cyberpunk 2077 who also worked on all the previous Witcher games.

In relation to Cyberpunk he recounts some of his favorite characters who appear in the game: prisoner who desires to achieve his lifelong dream during his single day of leave, an AI running a cab company (maybe the same one that we saw in E3 2019 trailer?) and a certain smart girl working at the ezoteric shop whose part time job is being a nurse (Misty?). He also mentions that according to his general calculations all the dialogues written for the game make for a two massive books, director commentary for them another two and all the non-voiced text probably four. Then there is also all the documentation for the game, which is also massive in size. Plus he considers world of Cyberpunk 2077 one of the characters.

There was also an interview with polish voice actors for male and female V.

Kamil Kula (male V) mentions that recently he recorded voiceover for one quest, which he believes in terms of emotions completely overshadows Bloody Baron plotline from The Witcher 3. Due to the raw emotions involved he even had to take a break in the middle of recording.

Kamil also said that there will be some quests and paths unique for male V, as well as quests and paths unique for female V.

Other then that they talked about how they were already recording dialogue for the game for 120 hours as a whole and are still not done. They were also surprised with how professional castings were, since usually they last around 15 minutes, but here every candidate was interviewed for around 45 minutes and during casting developers were present to make sure that their voices will fit the characters, which is also something that they never saw happening before.
If there's one thing CDPR never disappoints with, it's their stories. More intense and emotional than the Bloody Baron sounds great to me, although to be fair, I don't necessarily feel that this plotline was the most emotional in the entire game and its DLCs. It was definitely up there, and it was written by my favorite game developer (individual, not the studio in general) of all time, but I think some of the content in Blood & Wine overshadows it. And Hearts of Stone for that matter.

But I'm nitpicking. The story will be fantastic I'm sure.

Another great vid from Neon with interesting info on two new gangs .

I was wondering about The Mox gang connotations with Lizzy Wizzy. At first I was thinking they might be a Chromer gang inspired by her music, but now I'm more inclined to believe they might be more of a antiLizzy club. Her logo depicted next to their name on the image looks more like a dark parody and then there is a fact that they are named Mox (which sounds like "mocks"), which might imply that they are some sort of pranksters gang who targets celebrities, just like Bozos target random people, just to completely break them mentally. Lizzy Wizzy might be their newest target and they might be responsible for the scandal she's involved with, which was referenced in the previous trailer.

As for the 6th Street gang, their logo, depicting six stars, might be a reference to the Pacifica Confederation, which is made up of five free states, including North California. It's possible that one more state joins the Confederation or the gang itself thinks of themselves as the sixth star. If that's the case, they might be some sort of nationalistic group, who strongly opposes the attempts to rejoin Pacifica Confederation to the rest of United States.

I wonder how many gangs will be ok and how many are going to need to be shot ;)

I have to admit i find Lizzy Wizzy very interesting , can`t wait to meet her and maybe help her out with the Mox or what ever she needs . I wouldn`t mind if she was a LI :shrug:

German interview with Senior Localization Producer, Mikołaj Szwed, mostly focused around game's German localisation, but still contains some interesting bits, which might be relevant for the other versions of the game.

- they are hiring around 100 voice actors for German version alone. If that's the similar case for every voice over, then that would give the number of nearly (or more then) 1000 voice actors around the world working on the game

- some of them will be playing multiple characters, but never more then 4 or 5

- in most cases they are avoiding hiring the same voice actors as in The Witcher 3, so people wouldn't immediately start thinking "Oh, it's that character from The Witcher 3"

- some things will stay in English, like for example in-game ads, since creating a several versions of the same commercial for different languages wouldn't be very economical

- songs won't be translated to other languages, with one exception

- it seems they are trying to preserve the accents in a different languages as much as possible, since it's been mentioned that Jackie's German voice actor is half German, half Spanish

- they are not planning any censorship in German version, although it's still didn't went through the process of approval, but it's been also noted that in some regions they did had to censor the game somewhat to fit with the local policies

- the story will be dark and emotional, but also human, so they believe that players will shed a tear or two

That's too bad. I've played many a game that have made me cry, or feel angry. And not because of poor game mechanics.

There’s just something missing from them, and most usually the attempted emotional scenes come off as forced and tryhard, and amateurish in their childlike show-off mentality. Because try as they might, they’re not art movies or books.

Maybe they would succeed - in my case - if they kept their stories in general more subtle and lower key instead of being forcibly pompous. That those ”good” scenes would actually stand out. That’s why I like cutscenes in the older games; they’re few and far in between, happening at really important parts of the story, they feel meaningful.

But that’s just me.

The Game Awards takes place in ~6.5 hours.

A few different factors point toward 2077 being there in some capacity:

• Green Day will be giving a performance there, and many people have said a song in the Deep Dive trailer sounds like it was made by them.
  • Tying into the previous, they said we'd learn more about the game's soundtrack "soon." That was a while ago.
  • Last year, CD Projekt Red made it very clear that they WOULDN'T be at the event with 2077. This year, radio silence. Perhaps Lila has said something on the Discord, but on every other social medium, nada. This is not confirmation in and of itself, but why not shut down unrealistic expectations early? It's easy to do and costs almost nothing aside from a few minutes of a CM's time.
  • The game is 4 months out from launch, and it's a good time to "restart" the marketing campaign. TGA got over 30 million viewers last year, I believe. A gameplay or cinematic trailer there, or simply some kind of musical thing.
  • Ikumi Nakamura made a joke on Twitter about Keanu Reeves going as her translator. Probably just a joke, but you never know.
  • This is their last major trade show/event before release, I believe. If they're going to show anything about the game soon (the next month or so), why not show it here first, and then upload it to Twitch/YouTube after?
A few factors also point toward it not being there.
  • CD Projekt Red may very well think (perhaps rightfully) that they don't need any extra hype generation at this point. The game is already guaranteed to sell ridiculously well, even if it's absolute garbage.
  • They've said in the past that cinematics and gameplay trailers are expensive to produce, and they would rather focus on making the game.
  • The Game Awards are in America, so CDPR staff would once again have to fly back here, which is very pricey and not very comfortable. Very different compared to traveling around Europe.
I'm aware that none of this speculation matters since the event is so close, and I'm positioning myself to look like a fool if I'm wrong, but hey. What is this forum for if not unchecked hype and unrealistic desires?

Here goes, hope they show something at least
it would be missed oppurantiy not to, consediring TGA viewership grows a lot each year

Grimes is such a beauty. Beautiful music, beautiful voice, beautiful presentation. Excellent performance.

@Vattier Will you be uploading Grimes' performance or no? That video doesn't have it.

Also, is whatevers going on in Twitch chat some sort of Cyberpunk related meme, or just trolls?
1576206218945.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom