E3 2019 & post-E3 2019 - Media News & Previews

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’d like to think there are late-added ”bigger” feature/s that still need the time to work properly, but no, it’s not that (or, at least not features I’m thinking of). It’s just a big game with a lot of moving parts that need a lot of attention.

We'll see. I'm not getting my hopes up until this game actually goes gold.

I can't imagine how playtesting and bug fixing takes another 6 months, and then employees will still need to crunch to hit the target date, unless there's more work than they're letting on.

Remember the sources that some youtubers had that said the game had to be delayed because of a specific issue? whether they were real or not, that's actually a fairly normal thing with projects like this.

One thing has a problem or lagged behind, the whole game has to be delayed because of it and those people doing work related to it will crunch, but all other departments might not have to, and will just utilize the extra time for polishing perhaps even in a more relaxed way than before the delay.

It's even likely that some people are just working on content for DLCs tbh, it all depends on which devs.

Remember the sources that some youtubers had that said the game had to be delayed because of a specific issue? whether they were real or not, that's actually a fairly normal thing with projects like this.

One thing has a problem or lagged behind, the whole game has to be delayed because of it and those people doing work related to it will crunch, but all other departments might not have to, and will just utilize the extra time for polishing perhaps even in a more relaxed way than before the delay.

It's even likely that some people are just working on content for DLCs tbh, it all depends on which devs.
Could be, that would make sense.

Good thing, not the right year to travel around just to showcase videogames (streaming is a thing in 2020, you know).
We're already pretty fucked up here in Europe, let's try to contain it as much as possible until we get a vaccine. Stay at home, people, stay at home.

Oh well. I was hoping to see new Cyberpunk gameplay at E3. Actually, anything at this point. I hope the devs still have something in store for us around June.

I bring you some new updates from Adam Kiciński and Piotr Nielubowicz via the stock market oriented polish websites.

About the game being send to age rating agencies:

We have a small update - we have send the game to the age rating agencies. For the first time the people from outside the company are going to play Cyberpunk. It's not the final version, but complete enough, so it can be finished by outsiders.
The assignment of the age rating should take a month or so. We are aiming at the same age rating as with The Witcher 3 (Shavod: M for ESRB, 18+ for PEGI).
The game is huge, there is a massive amount of interconnectivity and we have to make sure that it's all working together. That's why we have so much to polish. The new release date leaves us with a lot of time to spare - the delay is significant, but we do feel comfortable about the new release date.

- Piotr Nielubowicz added that the game will offer a lot of replayability and that they are satisfied with the number of preorders, more so then in case of The Witcher 3. The people who preordered the game overall supported their decision about delay

- a secured copies of the game will be send to reviewers a couple of weeks before release, while embargo will be lifted a one week before release date

- majority of marketing campaign will take place during the final weeks before the release

About crunch:

It's completely different then when we were finishing The Witcher 3. There is a lot less work after hours, although some people still are hard at work.

About E3:

If the events end up being cancelled, we are going to showcase new things differently. After all, we still have an Internet.

About future plans:

We will release a new strategy after the game release. We are expanding naturally, we don't plan any major breakthroughs, but it still would be nice to make an update.

We want to make a little bit more, to proof that we are able to develop 2 or 3 games at once, but it's still going to take us a couple of more years before we will be able to do so.

- still they have more then just two projects planned after Cyberpunk 2077 release. The biggest team will be working on multiplayer version of the game, the second one will continue working on expansions for CP2077 and the third one (the smallest at first, but one that will be growing more and more with time) will start development on their next AAA single player game. Additional teams will continue to support Gwent and the game developed by Spokko

- they will continue to work on their two franchises, Cyberpunk and The Witcher, only, meaning that their new single player AAA game will be either Cyberpunk game or Witcher game. They already have a concept for this new game, but they won't share it for now

- they are not planning to release their big future titles any quicker after Cyberpunk, saying that the development of an AAA RPG usually takes them around 4-5 years, and they will stick to that to ensure high quality of their major releases

About The Witcher:
I already told you that there won't be The Witcher 4. I clearly said that The Witcher was designed as a trilogy. At the same time, as we emphasized already, we still want to develop more games in the world of The Witcher and the new agreement with Mr Sapkowski confirms our rights to the franchise.

- they are really satisfied with The Witcher 3 on Switch, both in terms of quality and sales

Source: www.money.pl

Last edited:
the smallest team will work on an aaa title...
dark fantasy rpg won't come until 2029:cry:
That's simply means they didn't start working on it yet, so they are designating a smaller team to do an early preproduction while they are focusing on a new stuff for Cyberpunk 2077. After that's done they will move the focus to that new project, just like they did with Cyberpunk 2077 after release of Witcher expansions. If they are starting an early development on the new game right after Cyberpunk 2077, the 2024-2025 release seems most likely.

Thanks for the information, @Shavod.

Sounds like the delay really was just to give them extra breathing room. Still don't understand why that would then require massive crunch, though. Maybe I just don't understand enough about game development yet.

Still don't understand why that would then require massive crunch, though. Maybe I just don't understand enough about game development yet.

Then it probably wasn’t as massive as some outlets made us think, just “regular”. Regardless of what I think about crunch (spoilers: not highly), I’m glad that at least this time around it apparently isn’t as excruciating as it was with TW2 and 3.

That's simply means they didn't start working on it yet, so they are designating a smaller team to do an early preproduction while they are focusing on a new stuff for Cyberpunk 2077. After that's done they will move the focus to that new project, just like they did with Cyberpunk 2077 after release of Witcher expansions. If they are starting an early development on the new game right after Cyberpunk 2077, the 2024-2025 release seems most likely.
I hope you're right.
and hopefully it won't be a ciri game...
I so hope it's got a character creator

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom