E3 2019 & post-E3 2019 - Media News & Previews

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sooooooooo April 16th is in 1 week's time. The game was supposed to be released on that date. We're not getting anything on that day, are we?
At today's financial conference they stated that they prepared a new marketing plan already back at February regarding the ways to share new informations and parts of the game with the public through the Internet, but didn't wanted to disclose any details beyond that they are going to show something in June.

Other interesting bits from the conference and chat with investors:

- they are not worried about rating agencies suspending their activities, since they managed to send the game to them earlier and obtain majority of required ratings. They have more of an issue with the localisation of the game, but they are not too worried about it, because in the worst scenario the missing voice overs always might be added in a patch

- there will be a free update for next gen Xbox for people who bought the game for Xbox One, but they can't comment if it's going to be the case for PS5 as well, until Sony will officially announce their policy on the matter

- while people will be able to play the current gen version of Cyberpunk 2077 on their next gen consoles right away, the proper next gen upgrade will be developed later and right now they can't tell when it will be available

- nearly 600 developers are working on Cyberpunk projects, with the studio working specifically on the online version of the game having around 40 developers, but some of the developers are working on both single and multiplayer, since there is an interconnectivity between the two

- they have already considered a different scenarios in relation to the potential issues that they might face when it comes to physical distribution, but they are certain of the September release date

- the plans for the Cyberpunk 2077 expansions most likely will be revealed before the game release, just like they did with The Witcher 3. They again repeated that, in terms of it's size, we shouldn't expect anything less then how they did it with the Witcher 3.

- they will talk about Cyberpunk Online only after the release of the Cyberpunk 2077

- they have twice as many testers for Cyberpunk 2077 as they had with The Witcher 3

On other subjects:

- they implied that they might have a general plan to release their next big game in 2025, but again, this is just a general roadmap

- mobile game by Spokko will be some kind of online game. It's already playable and goes through internal playtesting.

- when asked about the possibility of The Witcher 1 remake, Adam Kiciński responded that they would rather tell a new stories

Last edited:
- when asked about the possibility of The Witcher 1 remake, Adam Kiciński responded that they would rather tell a new stories

Fine by me. TW1 could be a tough game to remaster, especially considering CDPR's evolution as a studio. Even if they kept the gameplay mechanics relatively unchanged they'd find it hard to not, ahem, tweak some of TW1's narrative "sensitivities." I like TW1 and of course I respect the devs but we have to be honest, some of the stuff there felt written by a horny, edgy teen :LOL:

I assume they'll show something during what would have been E3 in June. I'll be disappoint if they don't.

edit- I posted without reading Shavod's post.

Last edited:
Interview with Paul Leonard Morgan, one of the composers. He is describing CP2077 music style as "hardcore electronica, with a lot of humanity"

I really wonder what's the next bit of info going to be like. We've got two gameplay videos, a cinematic trailer, some Q&A's, events and such... But given the fact that April 16th is the original release date, E3 2020 is gone (in its traditional form at least) and the game itself being done and sent to reviews, we might get something big this time. Not talking about another 48 minutes of gameplay or a deep dive video, but it all feels like they've got the opportunities to make us drool again.

I really wonder what's the next bit of info going to be like. We've got two gameplay videos, a cinematic trailer, some Q&A's, events and such... But given the fact that April 16th is the original release date, E3 2020 is gone (in its traditional form at least) and the game itself being done and sent to reviews, we might get something big this time. Not talking about another 48 minutes of gameplay or a deep dive video, but it all feels like they've got the opportunities to make us drool again.

Well, from the sounds of it, the game has been effectively done (as far as storycontent is concerned) for a while now, and they are doing technical finetuning and nitty-gritty now. Considering there hasn't been news of something major being changed ingame, one can assume that every bit of info previously released on these forums or in interviews still holds true.

What I am saying is: there may not be need for any particular info anymore. Even though the old info was always bit suspect, given with the "everything is subject to possible change" caveat. This made me suspect everything and not believe that they were actually going to deliver what they said. Since they haven't said anything by now, I assume all of that is still a go.

If I was CDPR, I would focus on some teaser stuff to hype up the game before its release (not that it particularly needs it). Something purely aesthetic, videos or images of the games 'style', rather than the story. Maybe snapshots of V or their "home" during the player's very first day in Night city. Hard to call it a spoiler if the game literally starts there. Maybe more info about the world at the time the game starts. So far they have only teased the logos of the various gangs and factions..

If I was CDPR, I would focus on some teaser stuff to hype up the game before its release (not that it particularly needs it). Something purely aesthetic, videos or images of the games 'style', rather than the story. Maybe snapshots of V or their "home" during the player's very first day in Night city. Hard to call it a spoiler if the game literally starts there. Maybe more info about the world at the time the game starts. So far they have only teased the logos of the various gangs and factions..

Well, not like we actually had any in depth gameplay video.

Well, not "guides" (even worst story guides, and who would want that?!), but more like the things we had before Fallout 4 release.
So basically the equivalent of the perk chart?

We did see 12 planned skills and their organization in the deep dive video and have known the five stats for a long time. Just not explicit descriptions of what each skill does nor the perks that go along with them ... but frankly IMO that's part of the fun of learning the game as you go. I kinda hope we don't get that at all ... or at least not till release window.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom