E3 2019 & post-E3 2019 - Media News & Previews

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
So basically the equivalent of the perk chart?

We did see 12 planned skills and their organization in the deep dive video and have known the five stats for a long time. Just not explicit descriptions of what each skill does nor the perks that go along with them ... but frankly IMO that's part of the fun of learning he game as you go. I kinda hope we don't get that at all ... or at least not till release window.

Well, to each his own fun.
Personally I prefer to be able to theorycraft than to be able to see people shooting at each others.

Besides, we lack so much (precise) informations that I'm not even able to know if I'll play male or female V.

Personally I prefer to be able to theorycraft than to be able to see people shooting at each others.
You can do both while playing the game. If I spent 5 months "perfecting" a build before I even got my hands on the game ... I would lose out on some of the fun of playing the role in the moment. I agree that build designing is fun, but it doesn't have to be done far in advance to be enjoyed.

Speaking of character systems, I'll just take this opportunity to push a last minute addition... a toggle in the options menu to change the skillchecks into RNG checks.

You HAVE to take me seriously. HAVE TO, SAYS I! I made a fucking Excel chart about it, for chris' sake! :D
1587039570047.png

Jeeeesus christ I'm bored.

but frankly IMO that's part of the fun of learning he game as you go.
I'd tend to agree, but I'd also like to know stuff like how DMG sponge-y enemies are, for instance.

That being said, at this point we know we'll have our answers only 1 week before release with reviews. Which is acceptable. Far from optimal, but acceptable.
Post automatically merged:

Jeeeesus christ I'm bored.
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:They just called me back to work even if we're not essential (R&D) and the country is still very fucked up. :disapprove: Lucky you.

I want to know how social skills (intimidation) work.
for example, in skills menu has v body attribute on 4 (athletics 1, shotguns 1, melee 3 and two-handed 1) but in dialog he had a 3/4 (and a fist symbol) so what is intimidation associated with? With melee?
engineering has 5 in the skills menu and 5/4 in conversation
CyberPunk-2077-Dialogue-2-560x315.jpg

I want to know how social skills (intimidation) work.
for example, in skills menu has v body attribute on 4 (athletics 1, shotguns 1, melee 3 and two-handed 1) but in dialog he had a 3/4 (and a fist symbol) so what is intimidation associated with? With melee?
engineering has 5 in the skills menu and 5/4 in conversation
The short answer is we don't know.

My suspicion is that it may be context driven. So it depends on what action comes with the dialogue option. If your squeezing a persons hand - strength stat ... brandishing a handgun - handgun skill ... if your just giving off a don't mess with me vibe - cool stat. It would make sense to make the necessary stat check be contextually decided based on what the dialogue option is trying to do.

Thus that would mean that social checks (i.e. persuasion, intimidation, etc) may not have any one specific stat that controls all the time, but dependent on what V is trying to do in order to persuade or intimidate. Does that make sense? It always seemed weird to me that one or two stats controlled all possible social interactions. It would be more realistic if your attempts to influence others socially were context dependent.

Thus an engineer could more easily persuade when talking tech stuff. A buffed up body makes trying to intimidate someone in a dark ally possible. A hacker can persuade a group of netrunners they know what they're doing etc etc.

OG is microdata for telling sites what to consider when user paste link (eg. on facebook) and how to style it. OG shown above says that type of sth is "1_3clue" so consider is when doing something..

The short answer is we don't know.

My suspicion is that it may be context driven. So it depends on what action comes with the dialogue option. If your squeezing a persons hand - strength stat ... brandishing a handgun - handgun skill ... if your just giving off a don't mess with me vibe - cool stat. It would make sense to make the necessary stat check be contextually decided based on what the dialogue option is trying to do.

Thus that would mean that social checks (i.e. persuasion, intimidation, etc) may not have any one specific stat that controls all the time, but dependent on what V is trying to do in order to persuade or intimidate. Does that make sense? It always seemed weird to me that one or two stats controlled all possible social interactions. It would be more realistic if your attempts to influence others socially were context dependent.

Thus an engineer could more easily persuade when talking tech stuff. A buffed up body makes trying to intimidate someone in a dark ally possible. A hacker can persuade a group of netrunners they know what they're doing etc etc.
Ok, thank you for your answer:beer:

To be fair, the game most likely did change quite a bit from the footage released two years ago. How much? We don't know.

Regardless, I wouldn't expect much of anything with all the madness around these days. Summer.. Probably summer.

On the contrary... I'd kill to get to work and make some money right now. :sneaky:

The semester is over and there's three and half months of just lying down and no money to do anything extra.
They've paid me in the last month anyway since I was working from home :/

/OT

It's crazy to think that this would have been the perfect time to have cyberpunk with all this quarantine situation. :giveup:

All evidence points towards a reveal of a Cyberpunk-themed Xbox One X, which I don’t mind, however I’ve seen people on the web believing this particular ARG is going to end with a new gameplay video as well and I’m like "uuuh, that’s quite some speculation :oops:"

I think that honestly nothing else is going to come out of this mystery. You won’t see me groan and b*tch if my guess turns out wrong, though :LOL:

[...]

Edited. -Drac

Last edited by a moderator:
Interview with Paul Leonard Morgan, one of the composers. He is describing CP2077 music style as "hardcore electronica, with a lot of humanity"

I came across another PLM's interview, a little bit older tho.
intriguing stuff:
So what you’ve ended up with are different parts of Night City. Different parts are going on, and some of it is me, some of it is Piotr, and some of it is Marcin. When you hear tracks here, they are collaborations. But they’re collaborations more in the world of Cyberpunk 2077, rather than everyone’s working on the same track. We’ve all kind of taken bits of different parts of the city and then take that and run with it. They’re all in the same genre, but there are some differences between them. But then we’re all sharing samples and whatever else between us.

He tweets also:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom