E3 2019 & post-E3 2019 - Media News & Previews

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
So ironic the quarantine and the virus outbreak happen to be during the most calm period of game releases. Backlog, to the rescue!

So the big NEWS and REVEAL was a SCHEDULE of their Summer of Gaming event.

...Well, yeah, that’s what their previous tweet said they were going to reveal. It ended up being nothing too exciting, yeah, although I was hoping to see something more packed on the revealed schedule. Or, better put, more packed with games and events that truly interest me.

Last edited:
I assume NC Wire is CDPR's personal event streamed on their own twitch channel, like they did with the 48 minutes gameplay. IGN, and the others, got permission from CDPR to re-stream the event, and maybe have a dev in an interview.
Now we just need to know the time at which the event will start.

'Gameplay' is listed under many other presentations, but not CDPR's. Yes I'm being that guy. It's worrying. The game is out in a few months, if they don't show extensive gameplay at this event, a lot of people are going to be wondering what is going on.

'Gameplay' is listed under many other presentations, but not CDPR's. Yes I'm being that guy. It's worrying. The game is out in a few months, if they don't show extensive gameplay at this event, a lot of people are going to be wondering what is going on.

They already wonder. Showing or not showing gameplay won't make the game any better. Or worse. Any more than lack of "sufficient/thorough/category missing people wanted to see" W3 gameplay demos made it better or worse.

I've heard this every presentation season since...2014? 2015? Whenever people decided they needed to see what they wanted to see or it would be worrying.

And sure enough, some people were thrilled and others were more worried or disappointed. About the only good it does is to get feedback from the audience, which at this point is pretty irrelevant.

Game is out not long from now. Then we all find out.

I wouldn't be surprised, if you wanted to see the game you had to travel around the world in the last 2 years. Maybe we people at home are not worthy yet?
Chances of a live stream with naked Keanu doing the helicopter have never been this high...
Post automatically merged:

They already wonder. Showing or not showing gameplay won't make the game any better. Or worse. Any more than lack of "sufficient/thorough/category missing people wanted to see" W3 gameplay demos made it better or worse.

I've heard this every presentation season since...2014? 2015? Whenever people decided they needed to see what they wanted to see or it would be worrying.
I tend to agree with the rest of the post, but we were worried when they weren't ready to show us the game last year and as a matter of fact the game was delayed. I don't think there's any chance of another delay, but people were not stupid when they saw a lack of confidence in showing the game.

Last edited:
I’m not sure how relevant it has been in the first place, to be honest.

How much does CDPR take feedback into account to begin with; generally?

On this I'll defend them- they definitely do. There were a lot of instances with TW2 and TW3 where they made changes in response to both critics and fans.

We are getting non-lethal playthrough from feedback post 2018-demo for sure. Bah! Non-lethal in Cyberpunk? Everywhere? Bah!

Anyway, that's one example off the top of my head.

CDPR has frequent sit-down meetings to discuss what they see here, Discord, Twitter, etc. Big part of the reason they go to the trouble of maintaining those venues. They've collated data repeatedly on what people said, what they want, why they want it, etc.

During a live stream I watched (not hosted by CDPR and not in english) a PR guy wrote in the chat they took all the feedback about bad gunplay and started working hard on it. Also, they added the non lethal approach after the 2018 demo and, apparently, removed the hateful level gated gear we had in W3. That's why I still have a tiny hope levels won't be as hard-gating for the experience as they were in their latest game (but last years' comments from devs are not encouraging).

I guess it's because they will basically re-stream CDPR's own stream and they don't know what exactly CDPR will show.

That doesn't mean of course that CDPR will show any gameplay on their own stream.

I hope to see some juicy content this time. I'm tired of this silence and irrelevant stuff we are being shown in recent months.

The selfish me of course wonders, if the feedback from the alley he was in (and since he wasn't there alone), was also taken into account at any length, but I suppose that remains to be seen.
I feel you, bro, but your feedback might have been too different (or complex) from their plans if we look at TW3. :shrug:
Post automatically merged:

What time does the night city wire start on the 11th?

Last edited:

Summary of the another of CDPR's quarterly finacial conferences, this time just a single month after the last one, but you know, the special circumstances.

CEO's have said that there is no reason to worry about any potential issues with physical distribution of the game )because of the pandemic), since the situation on all the major markets (Europe, USA, Asia) is already getting better with more and more stores opening for business and the majority of the market believes that by September those should all function in a relatively normal fashion. Most likely the digital sales will still make for a bigger percentage of the initial sales then physical copies, the difference might be even slightly bigger then they presumed earlier, but not that much bigger.

For the issues that they mentioned at the last conference (I mean problems with localisation, due to some of the foreign studios halting their work on the voice overs recording because of the virus), they definitely had some impact, but they are already working on solving them and those are simply a minor challenges. Now their main focus is polishing the game.

The most important piece of news is that in June, Media representatives and Influencers will get to play the game for the first time during the hands on session, which they consider an another major milestone for the development (thanks to the polish Youtuber Rojo, who was invited as well, we know that the hands ons are going to start at June 8). Night City Wire at June 11 will be an public showcase of the game and it seems it's a separate event from the hands ons.

Piotr Nielubowicz noted that in April and May they didn't note a much higher sales of their products in comparison to previous months, despite people staying at homes more often.

Most likely they won't continue the model of working from homes after the pandemic, since they believe that in a creative environment working together as a group adds more value to it.

They are not putting as many job offers anymore (current job offers make up a 10-20% of their usual activity on that field) since they entered a final stage of development on Cyberpunk 2077 last year.

Another big news is that after Cyberpunk 2077 release, they believe that CDPR will be finally able to work on two AAA games at once and in the report they again reiterated that they are adapting a dual franchise model with Cyberpunk 2077 and The Witcher, which might be a pretty strong hint of what those two next projects will be. They don't think they will be needing a two equally large teams for the entirety of development for both games, so one of them will probably start smaller (60-80 people), then it will expand with time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom