E3 2020 & Gamescom: Third Demo Suggestion

+
In what country?! Sued for not telling you? For a product you don't own yet? Good luck on that!

France.
It's because of an animal wellfare law to allows consumers to distinguish free range eggs and organic farming eggs from the industrial caged hen production.

If you don't mark your eggs (and you are not a small farm selling eggs from hand to hand which is the only exception to that law) and try to sell them you take the risk to be denounced to the DGCCRF which will apply the laws.

France.
It's because of an animal wellfare law to allows consumers to distinguish free range eggs and organic farming eggs from the industrial caged hen production.

If you don't mark your eggs (and you are not a small farm selling eggs from hand to hand which is the only exception to that law) and try to sell them you take the risk to be denounced to the DGCCRF which will apply the laws.
What the actual frick are you talking about?

Okay,

1. That's NOT suing them. At all. That's reporting them to the authorities for a health/licensing violation. Many, many countries have that. An equivalent example with video games is..well, not easy to do, because that's a -health- violation.

False advertising maybe? If they say a game is about rocket cars and it's actually about mutant sheep? Maybe? But if you didn't buy it, no.

2. The seller doesn't have to tell you - they are complying with a government health regulation. They are bound to mark the eggs as a kind of product by the constraints of their license. We have similar laws in Canada.

In terms of video games, if you marked the game as a motorcycle or, I dunno, Esperanto language lesson, then maybe you'd get in trouble with whatever business licensing agency that regulated the area you work in. Followed by a tiny fine. Or, more likely, a warning to relabel your video game as a video game. That's it.

Sued? For a product you haven't bought yet? No.

That's pure entitlement. "I want this and I deserve this so give it to me."

Examine the game and decide, like any other product, if you want to buy it. AFTER it is made. Like any other product.

Actually it depends on the product and on the country you are in.
For example if I buy an egg: in some country I have the right to know how the hens are kept, and if the seller doesn't want to tell me he can be sued for that.

You're once again talking about a released product. It's on the market. You can pick it up and hold it in your hands. That is the egg, man. It is THE ACTUAL EGG, man!!!

Yes. I can see why some countries would prevent sellers from misrepresenting where that egg came from, who was involved in its production, and whether or not it will work in my carefully planned omelet.

But that's a far, far, faaar, cry from saying: "I'm planning on creating the best egg ever in the future! If you want to buy into this eggy awesomeness, pre-order a dozen eggs below!"

Now, it's up to consumers to be responsible. Planning to have the eggs be brown, then ultimately having the eggs be white, does not entitle anyone who was expecting brown eggs to "damages". There are no damages. One either bought in, sight-unseen -- or they waited until the eggs' release and bought based on the reality.

If people don't want to ever, ever be disappointed...then never pre-order. If people do pre-order, don't expect the final product to tick off every single item on the "hope" checklist. That's not what's going on. Pre-ordering is an investment, not a "purchase". No investment is guaranteed a return.

Also, I don't fear CP2077 falling flat. Honestly, I think the main reason for the silence is that they have something pretty magical in the works, and they really don't want it getting out.

Will it revolutionize the gaming industry? Maybe not.

Will it fulfill the hopes and dreams of long-time Cyberpunk fans beyond their wildest dreams? Probably not. (I think the backlash for certain gameplay design decisions already confirm that.)

Will it absolutely knock the socks off of players by introducing a gameworld, gameplay approach, story, and experience that's not really like anything ever experienced before (with a LOT of Cyberpunk goodness)? Yes. Yes, I think it probably will.

Last edited:
Will it revolutionize the gaming industry? Maybe not.

It just might, at least music industry is with us, tons of new Cyberpunk music is appearing. Well, I dont know about revolutionization, but at least this could start something new. I also think Matrix is still cult-movie too.

Looks at thread title and OP ... looks at convo ... :confused:. Remember the topic is gameplay demo suggestions and desires.

Demos take time, and people to make, I'd rather CDPR devote the effort to the game itself.
Actually this. I know they wouldn't roll out a small/easy-to-make demo for E3, so I'd rather see absolutely nothing from CDPR than see some footage I cannot touch just a couple of months before the release.

I think the main reason for the silence is that they have something pretty magical in the works

Or they just want to work in peace.

I don’t have much trust in ”magical” things. So far there’s not been indications of anything of the like.

I understand the sense of obligement from a diehard fanbase to believe that and defend such idea, and the sincerety of the developer to try and do exactly that, but unless one is... ”preprogrammed” to like the companys product (as it sometimes would seem with certain people - not pointing fingers at anyone specific with that) a certain amount humility and scepticism before a hands-on experience is only healthy. Pointing out well considered concerns is also more useful to the developer than unyielding trust and backpatting.

I’m not starving for information, so I won’t cry out for it. But I would hope that the next time they decide to put something out, when ever that is, next month, summer, fall, it would be something more substantial as to what kind of mechanical experience we’re looking forward to. So far it looks like a story driven open world shooter/simulation, which is pretty far from what I understand with ”magical” or ”not yet experienced”.

Top Bottom