E3 Discussion Thread

+
They were talking about running speed!!!

In that case I can live with that. A long time ago they said that Geralt will be able to walk only, so it seemed a bit weird seeing him run at that speed. But now I wonder if they kept the "walk only" idea or they went back to something like W2.

While that does enable me to sleep tonight knowing that combat will still be awesome, I can honestly don't see anything wrong with Geralt's running-speed.
I'm not a mutant, I'm not even in particularly good shape and I can run that fast if not faster!

A long time ago they said that Geralt will be able to walk only, so it seemed a bit weird seeing him run at that speed. But now I wonder if they kept the "walk only" idea or they went back to something like W2.
What the...the only thing that I can recall is that they said Geralt won't be running around while fighting this time, which is represented well in the demos, Geralt is always facing one of his enemies.
I wonder if that means that we will always have to lock on a target (I never did that in TW2 for some reason). :hmm:

Last edited:
Don't take it as something official guys. Those reporters were just talking and one of them said something like this. Twice the speed can be easily slightly faster in truth, ya know.

What the...
Trying to find the interview now. Might be it was just something I misread. :)

edit: The old interview thread is like a warzone, most of the links don't work, so I'll just throw this in the "I probably misheard it" category.

Last edited:
It's an upscaled "fake". They pretend like it was original 60 FPS to get more views/downloads because they seem to have better footage than everyone else. Sad but pretty common I fear.
I know what it is, my point being why is it 60fps? I mean I would understand if it was just gameplay and they interpolated it, it would be useless but my point in this case being this is regular footage of the stage and everything, which obviously wasn't 60fps, probably not even 30 could be 24 for all we know not that it matters so much, just curiosity.

Yes I remember the "walk" thing but it appears that was for combat only. I remember wondering why they decided to make it walk only, it's a huge game and I recall making a poll asking if we're only going to walk a sprinting function should be there atleast.

I think they meant in comparison to TW2, so far from what we've seen in TW3 when in combat Geralt is in a 'fight' mode and moves cautiously meanwhile in TW2 if you had to move around while in combat, the normal running animation and function kicked in and looked funny.

Last edited:
Dammit, why can't I vote for TW3 at Gamespot today?
They have some ridiculous excuse about it being the day for Wii U.

I wonder why I have to subscribe for their newsletter every single day...

Do they want to send multiple newsletters to the same address? :p

Do you think DA:I fans can be a little bit anger...?

I'm a huge DA fan. A Bioware fan. But I'm not angry at all. Both games will have a space in my game room.

But Wiedźmin stories are the greatest thing I read since LOTR.

I'm a huge DA fan. A Bioware fan. But I'm not angry at all. Both games will have a space in my game room.

But Wiedźmin stories are the greatest thing I read since LOTR.

Don't you find both Dragon age and Lotr a little bit silly after reading Witcher? Somehow I can watch Lotr without laughing but last trailer for DA:I made me embarrassed and uninterested in the game. Maybe the reviews will turn me, because I liked first Dragon age. I like Lotr, but for me it just cannost compete witch Witcher. Sure they have something in common, but overall they cannot be comared. They are just too different. Lotr is more like a fairy tale, Witcher is more mature. And they are both really good for what they are meant to be.

Last edited:
Don't you find both Dragon age and Lotr a little bit silly after reading Witcher? Somehow I can watch Lotr without laughing but last trailer for DA:I made me embarrassed and uninterested in the game. Maybe the reviews will turn me, because I liked first Dragon age. I like Lotr, but for me it just cannost compete witch Witcher. Sure they have something in common, but overall they cannot be comared. They are just too different. Lotr is more like a fairy tale, Witcher is more mature. And they are both really good for what they are meant to be.

I got the same feeling while watching DAI trailer. At first I thought : "oh, another MMO game is going to hit the stores soon"...and then I saw it's DAI. It was such a facepalm. After DA2 and ME3 I somehow lost the faith in Bioware. What they produce is just so silly. Maybe it is because of my age,I'm in mid twenties...maybe teens like this kind of stuff.

No, not personally. (Unless we're talking about DA2). They're all good in different ways.
It would be like criticising steak for not being as sweet as ice-cream. Sometimes I want steak, sometimes I want ice-cream. And even if I could have both, I wouldn't want it every day.

I was a fan of Bioware in the past. DA: O is one of my favorite RPG and as ME. I found them fresh, bold and original. For me fighting and graphics are merely technical problems. Imagination is a human issue. A good story with good characters is a matter of high creativity, originality and courage, along with maturity and respect for the player. Years ago that Bioware lost those qualities. My disappointment today is such that however much I want to rediscover glimpses of the old Bioware in DA: I I'll cannot believe any improvement up to have checked by myself.

Call me Saint Thomas the unbeliever of the video games: if I hadn't play it, I wouldn't have believed it

Need to compare with CDPR professional proyection?

Top Bottom