E3 Discussion Thread

+
So after going for about an hour without refreshing this page, I've come to the conclusion that I'm satisfied. Now to patiently wait for Gamescom where hopefully they'll let people play for at the very least 30 minutes? I remember them saying anything less is unreasonable.

So guys see you at Gamescom and at the Interviews section. Its been fun.

Why are people complaining about the bright sunny day in the screenshot? You know there is weather and day and night right?

Really? I see a HUGE difference from yesterday's demo, mostly with hair simulation and the world in general

I really can't see the difference. All the sources we've got so far are shitty video quality, but if there is any difference it's definitely not "huge".

Gameplay was greaaaat. I loved the horseriding(though Geralt bumped off one of the raiders) Novigrad looks superb, lots of people, places of interest - just super cool. :)
Well, Dijkstra is in the game, and he looks and talks(accent) like a total THUG. Such a dissapointment...they really are pulling all hand on board for this last game. :(

Gameplay was greaaaat. I loved the horseriding(though Geralt bumped off one of the raiders) Novigrad looks superb, lots of people, places of interest - just super cool. :)
Well, Dijkstra is in the game, and he looks and talks(accent) like a total THUG. Such a dissapointment...they really are pulling all hand on board for this last game. :(

I understand people hyped after seeing swords of destiny gameplay trailer, but now? after two horrible xbox one gameplays demos? really... im the only PC player here who in fact played witcher 2 in PC? i didn't see so much difference beetween TW2 and TW3 xbox one... totally dissapointed player here...well if the world is finally 3xSkyrim i concede that, but the rest ive see so far is really dissapointing...

Last edited:
From what I remember, he was the same in the books. Appearance, tone of voice and mimics of a primitive brute, which hid his genious mind.

I understand people hyped after seeing swords of destiny gameplay trailer, but now? after two horrible xbox one gameplays demos? really... im the only PC player here who in fact played witcher 2 in PC? i didn't see so much difference beetween TW2 and TW3 xbox one... totally dissapointed player here...well if the world is finally 3xSkyrim i concede that, but the rest ive see so far is really dissapointing...

TW2 on PC was amazing. It looked absolutely stunning. And the second gameplay demo looked great. We just got a mediocre presentation during the Xbox panel.
From what I remember, he was the same in the books. Appearance, tone of voice and mimics of a primitive brute, which hid his genious mind.

That is a perfect description of him.

I really liked the demo. Good facial animations and big city. And i want to know if that was played on an XboxOne or PC. There's some things i noticed but that can be fixed with some polishing.

No your not the only PC player here but yes your the only PC player who doesn't understand that this is beta footage on an Xbone to get the publicity.

Fast travel... Someone was listening

I couldn't help but notice that it said fast travel( if you press a) under the road sign in the new novigrad demo...

This may mean that at least a little work is involved to fast travel, and you can't just fast travel to any given place in the game... Which is good, a compromise for people who want it. After all with the world being as big as it is...we will need some option to fast travel I guess. Not that I will use it very much however. Just a personal preference. I remember hearing this on the board here, this idea. This CDPR was listening, I guess! Which I is great they've listened about some other things too... Like animal hunting, and such.

I played the TW2 PC version on the highest settings around 12 times and yes, even when all I got was some blurry streamcaptures I could see that this is lightyears ahead of TW2.

Marcin had it confirmed in the polish section

We're talking about a post from over 8 hours ago... Unless Marcin has time travel abilities, then the IGN Stream hadn't happened yet. We have no way of knowing if he was referring to the Conference/Twitch footage, or that he meant EVERYTHING was being played on the Xbone.

It didn't look hugely improved, no. However it looked in general a little crisper & the extra Hair Tech in there, leads me personally to believed it very well might have been PC footage. The only way I can make sense of it is if they had a couple different builds... One an old Xbone build that was super stable for the Conference & then another less stable (possibly evident by the screen tearing, aliasing etc) to use for the 45 Minute Presentations.

However that doesn't really make sense to me, because why would you not show the Journalists the absolute BEST looking version of the game?

I think (a small few) people are so desperately expecting The Witcher 3 to be THE GREATEST LOOKING GAME EVER!!!! That they're fooling themselves into thinking the Novigrad footage "looked bad" simply because it hasn't met that absurd expectations & justifying it with the Xbone excuse. I'd LOVE to be wrong, please Marcin quote me personally & tell me it was Xbone footage because that would make my PC Boner for TW3 rise even higher, but realistically it very well looks like it could be PC footage & I'm totally ok with that, it looks great.

Hi there, good people.
Just came from work. Does anyone know how much time for todays (Tuesday) Twitch Wither 3s demo?
Soorry if this is annoying. :p

Last edited:
I couldn't help but notice that it said fast travel( if you press a) under the road sign in the new novigrad demo...

This may mean that at least a little work is involved to fast travel, and you can't just fast travel to any given place in the game... Which is good, a compromise for people who want it. After all with the world being as big as it is...we will need some option to fast travel I guess. Not that I will use it very much however. Just a personal preference. I remember hearing this on the board here, this idea. This CDPR was listening, I guess! Which I is great they've listened about some other things too... Like animal hunting, and such.

We've actually known for a while that fast travel will be tied to crossroads of areas that the player has visited previously. But yeah, it's a good system, spawning directly at a POI (a la Skyrim) is just bad in my opinion.

Top Bottom