E3 Discussion Thread

+
My english is much crappier than yours, so that will not be a problem :)

If at least part of the differences (between SoD trailer and E3 gameplays) are due to the poor quality of the streaming in the E3, you could eliminate that factor using the SoD trailer version the aired during the E3 streaming, and no the HiDef version of the trailer CDRP posted before the E3.

For example, here you have both Novigrad and SoD trailer streamed in the same session http://www.ign.com/videos/2014/06/10/the-witcher-3-gameplay-demo-ign-live-e3-2014

Just an idea. I am completely blind for many quality details.

Maybe but when I look at samplerico his post (post 1743) and the last three screenshots then it is hard to not see a very big difference. Lighting aside there seem to be a lot of effects and details missing, like one is max and one is medium, which I suspect might be the cause.

- I hope Igni spell isnt too overpowered. the area of effect is really wide and looks pretty powerful...

- Also Griffin didnt do much damage to Geralt. Maybe this could be adjusted.

Good grief, you guys. Relax about the graphics already. We are 9 months before release, I am very sure CDPR are aware of how their game looks and how it should look. We do not have adequate information to judge so give the topic a break.

I for one, care more about the story aspects of the game, rather than if every little patch of grass has shadows. That's just me though.

& @samplerico

It could be that the SoD Trailer maxed everything or mostly everything out, which could need a lot of cpu & gpu power to render it, where the gameplay demo at IGN and Gamestop were on lower Settings.

Well we don't know on which settings the PC run, as there are some missing effects like AA.

Is this a joke? Wer talking about the most anticipated RPG of mmm all times?? in the most important Showcase of the year, and the guy from CDPR says: hey guys we have not enough money to buy a Powerfull enough PC to run this gem, can we take the secretary Pc for the show? yeah sure!

Cmon is mostly that the game is not finished and actually is not capable of showing what they show us in the trailers...

- I hope Igni spell isnt too overpowered. the area of effect is really wide and looks pretty powerful...

Devs have said multiple times the game was played on the easiest difficulty for presentation purposes.

Is this a joke? Wer talking about the most anticipated RPG of mmm all times?? in the most important Showcase of the year, and the guy from CDPR says: hey guys we have not enough money to buy a Powerfull enough PC to run this gem, can we take the secretary Pc for the show? yeah sure!

Cmon is mostly that the game is not finished and actually is not capable of showing what they show us in the trailers...

Umm what do you think the 9 months are for? Twiddle one's Thumbs?

Optimizing and polishing. What I meant is that it could be possible that the maxed settings aren't optimized yet.

Last edited:

The difficulty was adjusted for demo purposes.

As for the whole Novigrad debate going on, I really didn't like the old Novigrad shot, I prefer the way it looks at the moment. In terms of detail, the bitrate on the IGN video is really, really low (you'd be surprised by how much detail is lost through poor video encoding), the camera is more zoomed out etc. Wait for some proper HD footage before judging.

Eww that is a bit of a leap, they said that the trailers are ingame so we should have not seen things that are impossible to achieve.
There is a big difference I grant you that but there must be another reason for it.

there you have your next-gen Game. Enjoy it.
I'm getting pissed off at your tone. Whatever your complaints, the footage from the stream is BAD QUALITY. How the hell can you judge the LOD distance with this quality? It's impossible. Oh, and a few shadows are missing? Guess what, the release date is 9 months away. BTW, some of those 'missing shadows' of yours are already in the shade. Of course you can't see their shadow then.

Go create your own next-gen game if you know so well how it is supposed to look.

As i had feared thought, is useless talking to you even with the work done, if u can see the difference besides the quality of streaming. You better buy an Xbox one, you'll be the happier man on the earth...

Jesus man, you really are a right royal asshole. I outright do appreciate the effort you put into this, admitted where I was clearly wrong & even said sorry for it, but you're still trying to pull jabs? I have nothing more to say to you either dude.

@501105 It looks more vivid, crisper, cleaner. Perhaps it's not entirely due to the Video Quality & could be something else, but that's what I'm putting my bets on. The texture work is clearly equal, the detail on the models & distant objects, trees etc is all the same. As I said, it just looks more crisp & cleaner, but there's not like a noticeable drop in the quality of anything on-screen.

The difficulty was severely toned down for the presentations. So that's why it didn't do much.

EDIT: Ehhhhh late as hell for the explanation.

Umm what do you think the 9 months are for? Optimizing and polishing. What I meant is that the maxed settings aren't optimized yet.

Ok, sorry, but anyway, they show us a spectacular "gameplay" trailer (SoD), and open the preorders, then the preorders blows up, and three or four days after they show us the real state of the game...not fairplay guys...but anyway i'm confident with CDPR, i've always been, but im really dissapointed...for me this is not yet the revolution, and redefinition of next-gen RPG's they promised...

Jesus man, you really are a right royal asshole. I outright do appreciate the effort you put into this, admitted where I was clearly wrong & even said sorry for it, but you're still trying to pull jabs? I have nothing more to say to you either dude.

@501105 It looks more vivid, crisper, cleaner. Perhaps it's not entirely due to the Video Quality & could be something else, but that's what I'm putting my bets on. The texture work is clearly equal, the detail on the models & distant objects, trees etc is all the same. As I said, it just looks more crisp & cleaner, but there's not like a noticeable drop in the quality of anything on-screen.

I hope that it is purely that and yet every time I look at that particular screenshot outside the city walls I have the feeling that I am looking at a massive downgrade and one very bland environment. It could be just a poor shot or bad moment though.

Just because its ingame doesn't mean its currently running real time. They might record it 10fps or something else unplayable. With optimized code six months from now, it might run 30-60fps with same machine (or it might not, I don't think anybody knows yet, even the devs).

Quality in some of the gameplay videos was noticeably poorer quality than in trailer, but some of it was running on xbox one as well.

I wouldn't draw too hasty conclusions from these videos yet. Its too far from release and the quality of the streams suck making it harder to do proper comparisons.

@samplerico

let's wait until CDP Red responds to this or wait a few months before release, there we would have a definite actual presentation of the game:comeatmebro:

Regarding the Old/New Render:

Did CDPR stated anywhere that they are already using the new render? It could be that the e3 footage uses the New Render (looking at Geralts facial expressions), but I'm not really sure about it.

I hope that it is purely that and yet every time I look at that particular screenshot outside the city walls I have the feeling that I am looking at a massive downgrade and one very bland environment. It could be just a poor shot or bad moment though.

Much the same... I would hate absolutely nothing more than to even have to start being sceptical of CDPR & begin questioning whether their Trailers are doctored.

Top Bottom