E3 Discussion Thread

+
I had hoped CDPR would add in some finer details like Geralt's head & body tracking the opponents he's engaging, but from what I've seen so far that doesn't seem to be the case. It's obviously a nitpick, but it does look abit awkward when Geralt goes past his foes and is still looking straight ahead.

Actually I felt it tracked really well.

I only noticed him taking his eyes off a target when he would Half-Pirouette or Roll and in both those circumstances I think the game just expects that you're going to immediately move afterwards which would re-focus Geralt on a target again.

You mean something like in that short part with wolves? That and figting harpies on cliff looked amazing.

It's a wonder, the nonsensical choices we make when something is free.

There's probably not even that much quality difference but for some reason I just can't help myself but download that 8GB version of the footage.

@Telcontar
As I said, he only loses his eye contact after a Half-Pirouette, which makes sense and If the game took control off you after one and automatically made Geralt face a Monster again it would probably fuck with the control. So I think they have it so he stays facing his new direction and it's assumed if you've Pirouetted into nothing, then you're just instantly going to turn him back around which would make him lock back onto a target.

Yep. Point is, it's in there. Geralt reacts to his surrounding, when in combat or even out of it. Of course it might need some refining in certain places, which is to be expected.

"We love our fans and want to make them happy" and that is not a marketing phrase, it's CDPR's philosophy.

I love you too, CDPR.

For our Arabian witcher fans (but video is in English, no worry):

The comments on the page piss me off though (I know arabic)

"This game has nudity and they dare arabize it?"

"This game has nudity and sex and they say they love us? hahahahaha"

I really want to flip some damn tables on those prudish pricks ........ Don't mind them though.

Love you, CDPR, don't mind the idiots :p

Don't you find both Dragon age and Lotr a little bit silly after reading Witcher? Somehow I can watch Lotr without laughing but last trailer for DA:I made me embarrassed and uninterested in the game. Maybe the reviews will turn me, because I liked first Dragon age. I like Lotr, but for me it just cannost compete witch Witcher. Sure they have something in common, but overall they cannot be comared. They are just too different. Lotr is more like a fairy tale, Witcher is more mature. And they are both really good for what they are meant to be.

Agreed. But Tolkien and T. H. White influenced, somewhat, every other writers after them. But yes, Sapkowski is my real gem since I played Witcher 1.

Just thought I'd give an extra Thumbs Up to that 8GB version. If you're worried about HDD space, then just download Kinley's Version, however the 8GB Version definitely is an extra level cleaner and delightful to watch.

More I watch the these Gameplay Demos again the more excited I get (But of course simultaneously depressed at the 8 month wait). Even with a 3 bolt firing crossbow, this is still looking bloody amazing (And not just Graphically).

Now someone just get me that Novigrad footage, STAT. (If only I knew your magical ways to obtain this stuff)

Just thought I'd give an extra Thumbs Up to that 8GB version. If you're worried about HDD space, then just download Kinley's Version, however the 8GB Version definitely is an extra level cleaner and delightful to watch.

More I watch the these Gameplay Demos again the more excited I get (But of course simultaneously depressed at the 8 month wait). Even with a 3 bolt firing crossbow, this is still looking bloody amazing (And not just Graphically).

Now someone just get me that Novigrad footage, STAT. (If only I knew your magical ways to obtain this stuff)
I'm still surprised why someone would download 8GB for a 5min 720p video... :p

The only way to get real fullHD footage from E3 is to wait until CDPR finally releases the stuff and upload it somewhere.

Top Bottom