E3 Discussion Thread

+

There's a very thin line between making your game friendly to newcomers and keeping it hardcore enough to the skilled players.
We are strongly against a number of new updates which were made to attract the console owners up to the game.

1. We ask to get the Swallow poison's guise back. In the W3, it was made as a red bottle, it was obviously made for the whole huge number of the players to ensure that is a healing potion.

2. We would like to see 2 game modes:
The first is hospitable and handy, intended for newbies and people who value simplicity. The second is hard, void of clues, for veteran players.
Hard mode features:

2.1. Getting the window, that shows the potions needed to kill a certain monster, away. You had to read the book of monsters carefully to learn how to kill them in the Witcher 1. Getting rid of that annoying helping wíndow is the best option for a skilled players.

2.2. Getting the "everlasting potions" away. A skilled player won't be bothered gathering ingredients for the new potions. We don't want the potions to be restored with a flow of time. We want potions to end after using so we have to gather new ingredients to make new potions. The ingredients gathering isn't a sign of hardcore, but the lack of it is the sign of the game being adapted for the console owners, especially if consider the fact that the gathering of potion ingredients was presented in the past two parts of the game.

2.3. We, the skilled players, not only played the previous games in this series, we also watched the polish serial "Weidźmin" and read all the Sapkowski's books. We dont need any explanations of Geralt's temper, motivation and reasons. Leave these questionable joys for the beginners.

3. And the last, but not the least - your Geralt has too thin waist and too broad shoulders. Why wouldn't you make him as a guy of regular body type instead of making him look like hero from Dragon Age fangirls' sexual fantasies?

P.S. Why was the name of the swamp spirit Johnny americanized?

I agree and disagree at the same time.

There shouldn't be two gameplay modes. The game should be fully customizable (Thief is probably the best example) to cater to different "hardcore" or "casual" tastes.

And some stuff like auto-refill potions is os "basic" game design that it shouldn't be a question of game modes.

By the way, for whom do you speak exactly? Please refer the community or group of players you speak for. I don't think each and every Russian gamer agrees with what you said. ;)

Apparently it's about these petitions.

https://vk.com/topic-48519216_30145082
https://vk.com/topic-5616315_30320740

View attachment 5041 View attachment 5042

Attachments

• 2014-08-02_004120.jpg
    2014-08-02_004120.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 41
  • 2014-08-02_004028.jpg
    2014-08-02_004028.jpg
    9.2 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:
This thread is still alive? Well I might as well say what I have to say, I just saw the Novigrad footage, I didn't want too before because I wanted to avoid spoilers, but I had nothing else to do. I was blown away by the level of detail but I did find some minor quirks that might be fixed in the final game. I hope the devs still read these if they're not all on vacation. :/

-When dismounting a horse the camera cuts right behind Geralt very suddenly , I'm wondering if this camera transition can be more natural
-Geralt just lightly touches the door to the brothel but it flew open like he kicked it full force. It would be better if opening doors more natural.
-Roach headbutts another horse and nothing happened, there was no reaction from either of them like there was a reaction when Roach hit a bystander for example

Top Bottom