EA refuses to refund and threatens ban

+
EA refuses to refund and threatens ban

EA made the mistake of making their games online to play only and now their servers have crashed and nobody can play the game Simcity

Why are people surprised with this? EA has had a notorious reputation from early on, your own fault for buying their games.

Damn, that's harsh.

EA continues to earn its reputation each time to bat. At this point I'm surprised when they don't fuck up.

I find it incredible that there are STILL people posting on forums that it's unreasonable to ask for a refund.

Yup, saw it a couple of days ago.

But I still think that the biggest problem isn't that companies like EA do stuff like this, or that people still hand over money to them, it's that you get customers telling other customers that they shouldn't expect or demand ANY consumer rights when it comes to games. If someone chooses to wait for the developer to fix the problems, fine, but if a customer is supplied with a product that isn't fit for purpose, and wants a refund, he should be able to get it.

Until gamers drop that mindset that game developers are a special case who deserve leniency, the problem will continue to exist.

It's a delicate issue to be sure. But it's not refunds as such that are being denied. EA in this case is clearly mishandling refunds, but not when someone threatens them with a chargeback which again, i have yet to do business with a single company which accepts that method of refund while smiling.

It's a delicate issue to be sure. But it's not refunds as such that are being denied. EA in this case is clearly mishandling refunds, but not when someone threatens them with a chargeback which again, i have yet to do business with a single company which accepts that method of refund while smiling.

If they weren't refusing refunds, I don't think people would be threatening chargebacks.

I've a mixed view on chargebacks for this - I fully agree that, if they get hit with a chargeback, a company is within its rights to stop any further service to that customer. So banning access to the customer's Origin account seems justified. But then there's the big question of why should a customer NEED "further service" for games they bought several years ago? So it all becomes wrong again.

When a product is defective, you must be refund (according to French Law).
Anyone ready to sue EA for the price of the game ?

Top Bottom