Each faction only has one viable leader

+
I began to play this game from the internal test, witnessed a lot of changes in the game, but also saw a hundred schools of thought contend in the past. There used to be a lot of leaders who could shine, but in this version, each camp really has only one leadership skill, which is really boring.
Scoia’tael only only just use Francesca,poor Eithne and Filavandrel.Anyway, there were no other leaders, so Francesca was the only one now?
The same is true of the rest of the camp. Calanthe is the only one in the north.Dahy and Cleaver are the only leader of Nif and Synd.
I don't think it's a healthy environment. If we only play with one leader, what do other leaders mean? Please strengthen other leadership skills to make the game more fun and playable. Thank you
Post automatically merged:

I don't know if developers can see my post......:cry::cry::cry::cry:

Last edited:
Completly agree with this, I really hope that the next patch will be leader balance. Leaders played currently can play two cards per turn, don't have any deckbuilding restrictions (except Ardal) and give pretty much the same bonus provision as any other "non-tutor" leader. IMO, they shoud either give a restriction to tutor leaders and/or reduce their provison buff.
Balance wise Monsters are currently the best faction.

I've just written elsewhere, but MY GOD this game has turned into an absolute turgid mess. As the OP rightly points out, there' basically five leaders. Subsequently, there's about 6 decks. Everybody playing the game is using the same decks time and time and time again. It's basically on life support. The problem is, what next? How do you escape this? Next month, a few META's will appear and the balance will be completely absent. There seems to be no willingness or ability from CDPR to actually bring a balanced, interesting, varied game. It's 5 decks facing each other, best/luckiest deal wins. Rock/paper/scissors has more depth.

Wouldn't say it's as bad as you say. It was a complete mess after Novigrad expansion and during DJ/Foltest meta, but from there it's improving slowly. Tuning down tutor leaders should improve deck variability greatly. There's a lot different decks on the ladder, it's just that most use the same leader, because those are most consistent. Monsters are in a great position, NG isn't that bad either, but everyone is playing Enslave because that ability can deal with the 2 cards/turn most effectively. Other faction leaders are overshadowed by these tutor leaders.

I think there may be some exaggeration in this thread. Balancing can be improved of course, paticularly when it comes to the leaders. That said, things do seem to be looking up in that regard.

I think there may be some exaggeration in this thread. Balancing can be improved of course, paticularly when it comes to the leaders. That said, things do seem to be looking up in that regard.

I was really disappointed with the last patch. There are far too many obvious things they can improve with the cards/archetypes/leaders.

Of course we have had worse meta's in the past. I would like to see this game hit it's peak. Creative decks in each faction. Lots to choose from.

I think the leaders themselves are fine but the difference in provisions should be much more pronounced. Usurper has always been at 10, the lowest, because of its ability. Gernichora has been brought down to 11 because her ability combined with a bunch of MO cards is very strong. Now most of the other leaders have been rounded to 15-16. Only 7/36 leaders have another provision bonus, and 3 of those are just 17 :shrug:
Having abilities that are potentially stronger than others is fine, but the cost in provision should be felt, and not only a matter of replacing a couple of 5 provisions with 4p. So that weaker abilities allow for much deckbuilding freedom and in-deck synergy, while stronger abilities restrain those.
All abilities that play a second card in a turn should be much more costly. Either a big deckbuilding condition like Call of Harmony, or a low provision of 11-12. Eithne could be back up to 19 or get an extra ping. Enslave should be 12 or 13 with the addition of all the new tactic cards that made it easy to reach a 5 power seized unit.

With the improvement of 4p cards, the 'flattening' of all abilities (the most exotic ones being replaced by more generic things), and the increased consistency provided by more tutor cards and mulligans, the 2-3 provision difference of leaders is negligible...
Post automatically merged:

My idea of leaders without changing their abilities. Probably not balanced one but I'd see more something like:
Carapace/Eredin: 18
Force of Nature/Woodland: 16
Death's Shadow/Elder: 14
Arachas Swarm: 15
Fruit of Ysgith/Gerni: 12
Blood Scent/Dettlaff: 13

Strategic Withdrawal/Emyr: 14
Imperial Formation/Morvran: 15
Tactical Decision/Calveit: 17
Lockdown/Usurper: 10
Enslave/Dahy: 12
Double Cross/AH: 14

Inspired Zeal/Foltest: 16
Mobilization/Henselt: 17
Vicious Slash/Adda: 14
Royal Inspiration/Maeve: 15
Stockpile/Demavend: 18
Pincer Maneuver/Calanthe: 10

Mystic Echo/Francesca: 12
Precision Strike/Eithne: 19
Guerilla Tactics/Broover: 16
Invigorate/Fila: 18
Call of Harmony/Dana: 14
Deadeye Ambush/Eldain: 17

Sacrificial Vangard/Bran: 17
Onslaught/Crach: 15
Reckless Fury/Harald: 14
Second Wind/Eist: 12
Patricidal Fury/Arnjolf: 16
Ursine Ritual/Svalblod: 17

Lined Pockets/DJ: 13
Blood Money/Whoreson: 16
Off the books/KoB: 14
Congregate/Fat guy: 17
Jackpot: 15
Wild Card/Cleaver: 12

Last edited:
Completely agree with the statement on provisions. More of the better provisioned abilities need to be down in the 10 and 11 range with the abilities of Usurper and Gernichora (Fruits of Yggrth. Hey I remembered one!)

Conversely, if the current meta remained intact, a few abilities should move to 18, while Eithne's ability moves to 21 (blackjack!) Once that happens, you will see that many of the leader abilities will work as intended and deck diversity will soar.

As for there being just a few competitively playable leader abilities, usually 1 per faction, I have to disagree. All the Nilfguard leaders are playable...they all have a way to play 2 cards at once. Ardal is the most oppressive and double cross the most dependent on high rolling, Morvran (with Affan) gives you 13 points...etc, etc.

And Syndicate is just plain good, Wild Card is the ability of choice primarily because it improves draw consistency, but a Lined Pockets or Blood Money deck can beat it heads up in today's meta with a good draw.

Top Bottom