each lifepath should have a unique passive

+
i honestly am having so much fun with this game but imo one of the negatives imo is the lack of differences between the various lifepath's, sure there is sometimes different dialog options, a different mission or two(at least the nomad mission really cant be counted as a mission since it lasts around 15 seconds) but there isnt that much there in terms of difference

would love to see each lifepath getting a unique passive, for example nomad's getting a 10% chance to find higher rarity loot(just as an example since nomads spend a lot of time in the wastelands scrounging for loot it would make sense here) nothing major that will make your lifepath decision be so important that you have to go it for the passive but just a small passive for each lifepath to make it slightly different gameplay wise

It needs to actually affect the story in some way—like, the characters have different dialogue lines and what not from that.

They do kind of already have different dialogue lines in some cases, it just doesn't matter right now. In fact that 's about all the lifepaths do, is giving you meaningless dialogue options.

They do kind of already have different dialogue lines in some cases, it just doesn't matter right now. In fact that 's about all the lifepaths do, is giving you meaningless dialogue options.

I mean like, let’s take the uhh... corps lady. The blonde one. She could be like, calling you a “worthless nomad” or a “stupid punk” or a “Corpo washout”, etc. Just, essentially have people treat you differently. People outside of NC May like you if you’re a nomad, in the slums they love the street kid, and up in the rich area they tolerate the corpo.

I agree that the current undercooking of the various backgrounds you enter the game with is the most regrettable cut content.

Nomads should get bonus to something related to cool and or reflexes, street kids to body, corpos to intel and or tech.

I agree that the current undercooking of the various backgrounds you enter the game with is the most regrettable cut content.

Nomads should get bonus to something related to cool and or reflexes, street kids to body, corpos to intel and or tech.

I dunno, I think Street kid should get a boost in cool and ref, nomad in body and ref, corpo in int and cool. Tech should just be a stat you can put in, no matter which one you pick, since it’s the most likely to be used by anyone.

I would think Nomads should get tech (since they work on cars and have to cobble (craft) things from all kinds of scrap), street kids to cool or body (because they either mug and sneaky thief type), and corpos to intel (for their college degrees).

I would think Nomads should get tech (since they work on cars and have to cobble (craft) things from all kinds of scrap), street kids to cool or body (because they either mug and sneaky thief type), and corpos to intel (for their college degrees).

I mean, street kids can work on cars/guns, too, I’m sure—same with Corpos.

i honestly am having so much fun with this game but imo one of the negatives imo is the lack of differences between the various lifepath's, sure there is sometimes different dialog options, a different mission or two(at least the nomad mission really cant be counted as a mission since it lasts around 15 seconds) but there isnt that much there in terms of difference

would love to see each lifepath getting a unique passive, for example nomad's getting a 10% chance to find higher rarity loot(just as an example since nomads spend a lot of time in the wastelands scrounging for loot it would make sense here) nothing major that will make your lifepath decision be so important that you have to go it for the passive but just a small passive for each lifepath to make it slightly different gameplay wise
In the tabletop version, at least in Red I can't speak for previous versions, this is the case.

Corpo, well Exec in the table top has the role ability of teamwork. Basically they get their own team and perks for being a corpo like nice housing and trauma team insurance. Of course you have to keep the team loyal

Role Ability: Teamwork The Exec's Role Ability is Teamwork. Just like a real corporate executive, the Exec builds a team whose members help them accomplish their goals, whether legal or not, morale permitting. Team members have a visible job description (like secretary or driver) but also have a covert roles (such as Netrunner, bodyguard, or assassin). Plus they get free housing and nice set of clothes!

Just like a real corporate executive, the Exec builds a team whose members help them accomplish their goals, whether legal or not, morale permitting. The Exec Role Ability is Teamwork.

Signing Bonus
At Teamwork Rank 1, as a gift, the Exec is given a suit comprised of a Businesswear Jacket, Top, Bottom, and Footwear that identify them as a member of the business elite. The Exec cannot resell these without raising suspicion.

Corporate Housing

At Teamwork Rank 2, the Exec is given access to one of their Company's Corporate Conapts. As long as they remain a member of that Corporation, they can stay there without paying any Rent or any other fees. The Exec must still buy their
own Lifestyle separately every month. If the Exec leaves to join another Corporation, they will extend to them the same offer, and even pay to move all their stuff to the new apartment.

At Teamwork Rank 7, the Exec's corporate housing is improved to a Beaverville House in the Executive Zone.

At Teamwork Rank 10, the Exec's corporate housing is improved dramatically to a Beaverville McMansion in the Executive Zone or a Luxury Penthouse in the Corporate Zone.

Corporate Health Insurance
At Teamwork Rank 6, the Exec is given Trauma Team Silver coverage, paid for monthly by their Corporation. If the Exec leaves to join another Corporation, they will extend to them the same offer. At Teamwork Rank 8, the Corporation upgrades their coverage to Trauma Team Executive.

The nomad meanwhile gets Moto as an ability, which is reflected in driving and having cars.

Role Ability: Moto The Nomad's Role Ability is Moto. Whenever a Nomad increases their Rank in Moto, they have the option of adding another stock vehicle (with minimum specs) of their Moto Rank or lower to the pool of Family vehicles they have permission to use from the Family Motorpool or to make an upgrade to one of their current vehicles. Thanks to being around vehicles since birth, Nomads are also able to drive any type of vehicle with tremendous skill

The difference between most people and Nomads is that Nomads have better cars. The Nomad Role Ability
is Moto.

Nomad Vehicle Familiarity
Being part of a Nomad Family means spending your life in the driver's seat and under the hood, improving your driving abilities and vehicle knowledge enough to get by on familiarity alone or with training to pull off impressive feats with ease. A Nomad adds their Moto Rank to any Drive Land Vehicle, Pilot Air Vehicle, Pilot Sea Vehicle, Air Vehicle Tech, Land Vehicle Tech, or Sea Vehicle Tech Skill Check they make.

Family Motorpool
Whenever a Nomad increases their Role Ability Rank, they have the option of:
• Either adding a stock vehicle (with minimum specs) of their Moto Rank or lower to the pool of vehicles they have permission to use from the Family Motorpool.
• Or upgrading one of the Nomad's already permitted Family Vehicles with a single upgrade of their Moto Rank or lower.

A Nomad can only have one of their Family Vehicles out at a time. A Nomad can call one of their Family to get their current Family Vehicle swapped out with another of their loaned Family Vehicles, and, assuming their Family is close by, the vehicle can be swapped out the following morning.

If destroyed, the Family will fully repair any Family Vehicle for the Nomad, but it will take a week's time. The Nomad will also be expected to pay 500eb for the service. Even Family Heads pay this because it's a way of saving face for damaging Family property. It might be waived if you are broke, but your reputation would suffer. Daily repairs like bullet removal are the Nomad's responsibility.

Upon attaining the 10th Rank in their Role Ability, a Nomad is promoted to a leadership position in their Family, with all the responsibility that entails. While leading by example, such a Nomad can have all their Family Vehicles out at a time. Any future Family Vehicles they wish to purchase are bought at market price, and any future upgrades they desire can be bought at 1,000eb a piece.

There isn't really a street kid role though in the tabletop version, though pretty much anyone could be a streetkid depending on how the rest of their lifepath goes. The other roles in Red are: Rockerboys, Solos, Netrunners, techs, medics, Medias, Lawman, and Fixers. Not sure if the 2020 had more roles but probably as there were more supplements.

I think Background System is Better like 2018 Gameplay

and For another version CP 2077 if They add more life patch is good to like NCPD life path .Or mid class person in night city or gang member .

I think Background System is Better like 2018 Gameplay

and For another version CP 2077 if They add more life patch is good to like NCPD life path .Or mid class person in night city or gang member .

Life path, role model, and story event. That would have offered tons of combinations, repayable and immersive, etc.

life paths are only important first 5-10 min. then paths are exact same. I get it it's too much to make 3 games, but paths need more flavor.

Life paths should lock you out of certain quests and other content.

Gives players an incentive to create more characters.

More unique cutscenes would be nice as well.
I was expecting the lifepath choice to give you an actual way in conversations to talk your way out of stuff or bargain for an extra bonus not just make a comment and the npc go "yeah anyway back to what I was saying"

Lifepaths sucks. Simple as that. Jackie's " best friends forever " montage scene cancels everything that V used to be. The only thing left , is some edgy dialogue option - that in most cases doesn't even do anything.

:shrug:

I'd rather lifepaths actually existed than just got a passive.

They clearly had something at some point but it was cut. Since they very much spoke of lifepaths as basically their own acts, all 3 of them. Yet here they are 20 minute things that may as well not exist because they add practically nothing.

its sad how much was cut, hopefully one day the lifepath can be more meaningful, i would personally prefer each lifepath have its own passive not related to attributes but its own thing that affects gameplay but if each lifepath got 2 stat bonuses there would be have to be one overlap because 3 lifepath's for 5 attributes but i would say

Nomad +1 technical ability and +1 body

Nomads are very car focused and make the best out of trash so most nomads do have some knowledge when it comes to tech, i cant imagine playing a Nomad without a high investment in tech(yes i know i can play one without putting many points in tech but i still deosnt feel right to me :p )

Corpo +1 intelligence and +1 cool

i always pictured Corpo as more measured kinda lifepath, so intelligence and cool make sense to me but i could be wrong but Corpo's do a lot of hacking so it does make sense to me

Street kid +1 reflex and +1 body

its a lifepath which involves a lot of shooting but also up close fights, just makes sense to me

at least that is how i would put any bonus attribute points, wouldnt change much(especially since Nomad and Street kid do overlap) but at least its a difference

Top Bottom