Early Access - a suggestion

+
I was being unclear. I will explain. Awards and reviews do matter not for players when awards and reviews are dishonest. "Total War: Rome 2" had many high score reviews in the industry - the makers of R2 even boasted how they design game around getting high review scores - and it proved that their reviews were worthless once the pre-ordered game hit the market. Making games for scores and not for gamers is detrimental to games and their developers, because regardless of what reviewer will say opinion of the end user matters more as they are sharing their profits by buying games they think are worth it. So, don't make the most awarded and the best reviewed game. Make one that'll be played and remembered even when its developers will be long gone.

I can see this as useful for bug testing and if the gamers sign an NDA not to release footage. Even that is risky as hell. I'm just not a fan of the design by committee approach, be it the fans or a corporate board the team must consult. CDPR is free of both and I'd rather it stay that way.

I would point out that they aren't necessarily changing it to suit somone's taste, but because suggestion was a sound one and shared by many.

Oh I know that, but it's still nice to see a suggestion you started or support implemented.

I'm just not a fan of the design by committee approach, be it the fans or a corporate board the team must consult.

Almost all games are "designed by committee", that's what a Dev Team is.
That said fans often have thousands of hours of practical experience and have accessed a wide variety of similar games so their input can be useful. IF it's not implemented simply because it's popular. The Dev team still has to ask itself "Does this feature "fit" in our game?"

Last edited:
Oh I know that, but it's still nice to see a suggestion you started or support implemented.

Almost all games are "designed by committee", that's what a Dev Team is."

Totally this. And a good thing, otherwise..Molyneux!

Ran across this: http://metro.co.uk/2014/06/08/how-i-helped-to-make-divinity-original-sin-readers-feature-4753026/

"Another example was a quest in a crypt was to cryptic (hope you like the pun) and too difficult to work out. I spent hours not having a clue what to do, so they dropped in a little parchment that could be found which gave a subtle hint what to do."

Some nice stuff, there.

Last edited:
Top Bottom