Early Content and Stuff

+
Early Content and Stuff

I started this thread because I was very very very eager to learn about the cutted stuff of The Witcher. Or simply the early content and story.Now many people will probably hate me because of this it but I think The Witcher could have been much more then it is now, the problem is the things CDPR showed us before the release. It's a well known rule of the universe "if you're waiting for something very very much you gonna be a little disappointed in the end anyway"I still remember the old site, and the character page. There were articles about characters that didn't made it into in official game like Boholt (the good old mercenery) or Maggot. Bogot was surely changed to Thaler. Furthermore the monster known as skullhead was planned as a boss in sewers of Vizima. Checking the old screenshots made me wonder why many of the NPC models didn't made into the actuall game. The whole zone of Kaer Morhen (which was showed to us in one of the modules) was planned for the beginning of the game, if I recall corectly Berengar used to be one of The Witchers in Kaer Morhen. He also looked much nicer :) I would love to know what made the devs change a lot of good stuff.What do you guys think?

Why should anyone hate you just because you would to come to terms with the past? ;DYes I remember the old website and the "old chars" who didn't make into the game. I remember Boholt. A lot of the chars look different than those in the final version. Once I read in an interview. parts of actions and quests created in the early developement phase didn't make into the game because it didn't fit into the game story anymore.You needn't to apologize for your thread ;) It put the idea in my head to check our (old) bestiary gallery http://www.the-witcher.de/?go=monster (I have to look for English translation, I guess I have it... somewhere :hmmm: )You see a few monsters have changed. "Wasserleichen" are drowners. "Knochenköpfe" are skullheads, the initial Graveir is a bit skinny. The "Werratte" / wererats are replaced by the werewolf? The "Warge" / Warg is replaced by the Armored Hound which was moddeled after the fighting dog pitbull. This Warg creature looks a bit skinny too ;D

This is valuable material :eek: it shows the previous user interface and different icons on the game screen. We should found a witcher museum where we collect all these things which didn't make into the game.It's a strange feeling to watch the videos and recognise the places we know very well now but didn't when we devoured every informational material of the game.Yes, I think you mentioned on an other occasion you know German, didn't went into my long-term memory :whistle:

There used be another E3 demo about quests. It showed one quest in Trade Quarter where Geralt had to get rid of the guards at Maribor Gate so hawker goods could be smuggled into the city. I'll try to dig some more treasures. :)

Yeah, I remember that video.Among the other thigns I remember is Geralt adn a few others interrogating a thug at Kaer Morhen. I think that that was the video that made me decide I need to buy The Witcher ;DBy the way, I just found this:http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/8786/witcher04vy7.jpgGeralt with sword steathes(!) and White Rayla in a Forest :beer:edit: Changed Image to link due to size.

Screenshots, okay here we go :) - Geralt hits Salamandra warrior - Geralt kills a ghost - weird place :) - the old ProfessorThere are lots of them, I can upload more if you want ;)

Eriash

Forum veteran
You can also find some mats on my polish blog (don't mind the text, it's all in polish :) )http://ja.gram.pl/blog_wpis.asp?id=556038&n=11

you are too right Petra Silie! ;D I had not seen that outtake (2) in some time ... those "enemies" are hilarious :D

Thanks for sharing these things with us! It's interesting to see how things developed over time.I only found out about The Witcher a year ago; it must have been awful to know it was coming a couple of years in advance!

TheSilver said:
The beginning of Outtake 2 reminds be of Space Invaders :DBut the soundeffects are Brilliant :beer:
ound was made by Adam Skorupa - one of the music composers working on TW.

PowazofLyria said:
There used be another E3 demo about quests. It showed one quest in Trade Quarter where Geralt had to get rid of the guards at Maribor Gate so hawker goods could be smuggled into the city. I'll try to dig some more treasures. :)
I think this is a screen of that quest.And here we see a grigg in close up...Geralt used to have short brown hair :hmmm:

Top Bottom