Early Demo (2014)

+
Hey there my fellow witchers. I'm not here to try and stur up the ol' downgrade issue. Not at all. I was recently on Eurogamer reading an older but interesting article (https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/...-we-learn-from-the-witcher-3-downgrade-fiasco) that ran some comparing pics of the old 2014 demo and the final release and noticed something peculiar. This is just my curiosity so if anyone knows an answer please enlighten us.

When you look at the 1st picture and compare them you'll see some towns and/or cities in the far off distance that appear only in the 2014 demo. Looking at the final release shot they are not there. So I'm just wondering if the devs initially were planing on releasing an even bigger world map. The camera angle is looking N, NE, so looking at the Fandom wiki witcher world map at least one of those cities could be Roggeveen, which lies exactly north-northeast of Novigrad. This is assuming that they aren't just far off textures and travel to those cells was even possible. That's what I would love to find out. Anyway just trying to keep myself in the Witcher universe with all the RL bullshit happening around us. Take a look at 2nd pic for zoom in.
Not that the final game world wasn't big enough, but one could never get enough of the witcher world :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom