Easiest to pilot deck

+
Hello everyone this will be my first time playing pretty much since homecoming I have a bunch of scraps does anyone have a good all-around relatively easy to Pilot in the new system deck or archetype that they would recommend?

Thank you#

A popular missconception is that Gernichora plays like an auto-play deck, however I can recommend using it to get into the game, it plays homogenously and rewards figuring out "the flow of points" and Monsters is the only faction mainly aimed at being able to use the concept of tempo.
In fact Monsters is the faction with the best fleshed out archtypes and all leaders feel different if build correct.
However, unless you want to play a lot before the new expansion, I would recommend waiting a bit, considering cards such as "The Great Oak", a card that somewhat follows Monsters design, are making Scoiatael and other factions a lot more fun and versatile.
The expansion is going to include a lot of new archtypes or at least tools, which can turn other factions similarly interesting.
Given that Burza even directly stated that Monsters are how they want factions to look like (please correct me if I am wrong, however I do remember that from the stream), which means that WILL be addressed in the new expansion for the other factions as well.

Last edited:
A popular missconception is that Gernichora plays like an auto-play deck, however I can recommend using it to get into the game, it plays homogenously and rewards figuring out "the flow of points" and Monsters is the only faction mainly aimed at being able to use the concept of tempo.
In fact Monsters is the faction with the best fleshed out archtypes and all leaders feel different if build correct.
However, unless you want to play a lot before the new expansion, I would recommend waiting a bit, considering cards such as "The Great Oak", a card that somewhat follows Monsters design, are making Scoiatael and other factions a lot more fun and versatile.
The expansion is going to include a lot of new archtypes or at least tools, which can turn other factions similarly interesting.
Given that Burza even directly stated that Monsters are how they want factions to look like (please correct me if I am wrong, however I do remember that from the stream), which means that WILL be addressed in the new expansion for the other factions as well.

Do you know when about the expansion will be coming?

With the new cards coming in, I suggest finding the faction you like to play the most. As InkognitoXI said, Gernichora/Monsters are a great starter faction since it teaches the game the best by introducing you to engines, the differences between the three rounds, what round length will imply and how to properly use damage with Cyclops.

Hello all,

I started in the closed beta left with the midwinter update came back to check out checkout homecoming was disgusted with it and left.

Despite being disappointed multiple times I have not yet given up on Gwent.

I heard new cards were released so I'm hoping the game has improved. I am going to give it a shot when I get home tonight.

Does anyone know of a nice simple easy to Pilot deck for an old player who isn't familiar with the new cards?

I would greatly appreciate it.

Don't exactly need a deck list but a faction and archetype will do. Decklist would be awesome though thank you again everyone

MO pointslam is the easiest deck to pilot. You throw in a bunch of thrive cards, play them early, then play bigger cards. You can see the variations online. Woodland spirit or Gerni are best leaders.

MO pointslam is the easiest deck to pilot. You throw in a bunch of thrive cards, play them early, then play bigger cards. You can see the variations online. Woodland spirit or Gerni are best leaders.

Thank you. Is the point now just to put as many cards with as many points as possible down? Are there still engines or removal too much?

Thank you. Is the point now just to put as many cards with as many points as possible down? Are there still engines or removal too much?

Thrive are engines. Every time you play a unit with a higher power than your thrive unit, they gain one point. You can consume bronze units with ghouls or gold units with the gold consumer, (I can't remember his name but it's something like ozrell.) You can run the crone trio for a small amount of removal, and you can run wild hunt horseman for thinning. I don't advise using the Witcher trio as they have been nerfed to Oblivion. Same with the unicorns.

Gwent was less complicated before the update. It was more removal and engine focused. Now it has things like deathblow, poison and shield. Timing and planning are more a factor than simply killing as many enemy engines as possible. That said, the game is still nowhere near as deep as it once was. All the unique mechanics pre homecoming and even pre midwinter, are either dumbed down or totally removed. Some examples include, no more armor, no ambush troops, no revealing opponent hand (instead random reveal of cards from the deck,) and spying has taken quite a hit as well. You really need to play a little to get a decent understanding of how different this game is.

Top Bottom