Easiest way CDPR can fix the pacing of the story

+
I'm replaying the game right now and I think I've found the easiest way CDPR can fix the pacing of the story.

As you know, the Cyberpunk plot consists of three storylines: Judy, Panam, and Takemura. After completing the Judy and Panam storylines, the player has access to new side quests. After completing the Takemura storyline, the player receives no new quests. In addition, each Takemura quest rushes the player through the storyline.

Takemura calls V himself after meeting in the diner and says he wants to meet at Night City Harbor. And players who like to immerse themselves in the world of the game won't want to keep Takemura waiting. This is a problem.
The beginning of this quest needs to be changed. Make it so that the player has to call Takemura and make an appointment.

That way it will be clear that this is a separate storyline. Its pace will not interfere with exploring the world and completing side quests.
Most players will go through Judy and Panam's lines first, do their side quests, and explore the world.
And those players who have already completed the game and want to replay, will still be able to take Takemura's storyline first if they wish - just call him after the meeting at the cafe.

This simple change, in my opinion, will greatly improve the game for those players who appreciate immersion. CDPR won't have to rewrite dialogue or change game mechanics.
Just change "Takemura calls and makes an appointment after the conversation in the Tom's diner" to "Player should call Takemura after the conversation in the Tom's diner."

Last edited:
The pacing hasn't been one of my complaints. Works well enough for me to save Panam for last. Judy and Evelyn should be done earlier ideally. With a straight male, it's doubly frustrating. heh. It's a time for contemplating death and having no one to love him. Works even better if you hate Johnny and everything about his role in the story too. It's just a string of disappointments and it gives you an excuse to burn the city down, like the Doll suggested. Especially the Claws and Scavs and others who ruined Evelyn. Lots of room to spread out your time with sidequests in all of this. Then you can move on to Panam, once you've relaxed and accepted this bad story for what it is.

Works well enough for me to save Panam for last.
But the first time you call her, she says she's waiting for you. And if you don't go to her right away, it means that V is doing other quests while Panam is waiting outside. In my opinion, this breaks the immersion.

But the first time you call her, she says she's waiting for you. And if you don't go to her right away, it means that V is doing other quests while Panam is waiting outside. In my opinion, this breaks the immersion.
I meant ignore Johnny at Tom's diner and don't even bother with Rogue at all at first. You don't even meet Panam yet. Or maybe pretend you're trying to scrounge up the 15k she asks for. Which is actually what I did in my first run, so it wasn't exactly pretending in my case. It just felt right to go after Evelyn, then get sidetracked with Takemura as well.

Viktor should give you 'months, maybe a year' rather than 'a few weeks, tops'. Currently the player has no reason to do any sidejobs at all because 'they will die in a few weeks', and many jobs require waiting for long periods of time.

Takemura and Rogue have certain moments where they need to do some investigations. Those investigations should be stretched to take much longer (at least more than the current 24 ingame hours).

This would already fix much of the pacing issues.

"Call Takemura when you are ready"

Which is a clear indication to players that they can go do everything else they wanted, earn the loadout and implants they wanted - then proceed.

I stopped the main plot after attaining Judy as a girlfriend. Panam has been at the hotel for 150hrs and Takemura waiting at the market for 100hrs. I tested things and went to see Takemura and he mentions "while I was busy with my shady dealings" so I reloaded knowing both parties will wait til I'm ready (a proper patch)

Not only should V make the appointment with Takemura, Viktor needs to say "you'll be fine for a couple of months, then you'll gradually lose it." That would reduce the urgency enough to make the open world gameplay more immersive, while still giving V a reason to fear dying.

They made it so the players decide the pace and I think this is absolutely best way.

Please don't touch it.

Top Bottom