Easter eggs (spoilers)

+
These were some pretty cool finds.
Roy Batty and Syd Mead, the illustrator who designed the look of the cyberpunk genre you know.

Cyberpunk 2077_20201222200443.jpg
Cyberpunk 2077_20201222200502.jpg

Alanah Pearce isn't specifically a nomad, she appears after you can enter the Badlands as a Nomad specific quest.

The "Barry" side quest (2 cops banging on a door under your apartment) has 2 references you can learn if you do the optional part of the quest. 1) Blade Runner/Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep as Barry keeps a tortoise that he talks to. 2) Mendez talks about a case where a kid with a "green shirt with a funny yellow cat on it" which I assume to be a Pokemon reference (Ash wears a green shirt).

When you pick up the Caliburn, there is a document that is a call out to Batman.

Mike Pondsmith is the DJ for MoroRock Radio (where he is the "conspiracy theorist DJ" with a great dialogue about the Relic that ties in with what Saburo says to Johnny about the dead being honest, and also a werewolf story among others).

In addition to the already mentioned call outs to Blade Runner, one of the hotels is the Batty Hotel.

Found Half Life ester egg today and also gig title - referents to Braking Bad !View attachment 11100524
Post automatically merged:

Also there is literally part in one side job, where you have to pick red or blue pill (besides Misty) . Not gonna spoil this one tho.
And Terminator 2 reference where you can find a metal skeleton T-800 and broken truck and bike ... and a shells can remember when I heard about them lol
Baron friemen hahahahha

I found a random guy with a mask doing a Bane voice "We are Legion" outside your apartment. Was like "wut?!"

So I finally got the secret car from the tunnel. It only spawned once I'd finished Panam's "rescue Saul" mission. So that seems to be the trigger.

Actually Bloodartist that is one reason I put the not sure tbh in brackets beside it.
I remember him having a monthly article in the Marvel Comics of the 80's called Stan's Soapbox (I believe) and each one ended with Excelsior

There's something to read in the sea container next to the tunnel car, seems like it's a reference to Batman.
For those wanting a tankier car, I'd highly suggest to go racing with Claire and help her fulfil her wishes.

This is a very special easter egg that only a select few will get.

>.> Thank you to the dev that did this.

Attachments

• Professor Darkly and his Hole.png
    Professor Darkly and his Hole.png
    3.5 MB · Views: 226
- In the North Oak funeral home, there is an urn honoring Roy Batty with his famous ending quote in "Blade Runner".
- In the North Oak funeral home, there is an urn in homage to Brick, a character from "Borderlands".

The Brancesi painting
Marica Branchesi (Urbino, March 7, 1977) is an Italian astrophysicist. Her leadership and scientific work was pivotal for Virgo/LIGO's discovery of gravitational waves. She is vice president of International Astronomical Union Gravitational Wave Astrophysics Commission and member of the Gravitational Wave International Committee.
brancesi01.png

I found another Roach reference: an arcade game called "Roach Race"

visible at the police station during River Wards questline "the hunt"

roach race.jpg

Wishing I would've taken pictures. I've found easter eggs referencing Fury Road (Biotechnica Flats), 10 Cloverfield Lane (Badlands), Iron Man (Badlands), Breaking Bad (Badlands), and Children of Men (Pacifica).

I'd like to add that the motorbike Kusanagi C3-X is a direct reference to Motoko Kusanagi, the real name of the major from section 9 in Ghost in the Shell.

"The main character of Ghost in the Shell, Major Motoko Kusanagi, is such a cyborg, having had a terrible accident befall her as a child that ultimately required her to use a full-body prosthesis to house her cyberbrain. This high level of cyberization, however, opens the brain up to attacks from highly skilled hackers, with the most dangerous being those who will hack a person to bend to their whims. "

Needless to say that this bike get a lot of inspiration from the emblematic Kaneda's bike in Akira.

Another easter egg could be in the movie we watch during the drive-in scene with Rogue, can't be sure but the fight in Bushido-X reminded me a lot of the final battle in Metal Gear Rising : REvengeance where Raiden fight against senator Armstrong...

edit : typo

Last edited:
There is a whole side mission string in Pacifica that is a easter egg for the Kick-Ass movies. There is a short mission called Ezekiel Sees the Wheel... I think which is an easter egg referring to the restaurant robbery in Pulp Fiction. One of the side missions has you deliver a car with a corpo hidden in the trunk. This whole quest is a reference to John Wick.

Top Bottom