Easter eggs (spoilers)

+
We found him!
IzaMaskot.png

I noticed the matrix reference someone mentioned earlier today, there is a TV ad that starts with the line,
"So what do you need?"
"Clothes. Lots of clothes"
And the tv sequence is practically straight from the Matrix movie.
View attachment 11114798
Bit more about that, though I'm about 90% sure it's unintended, then with amount of research went to this game, it's hard to be certain.

Back when Matrix came around it spawned a quite few fan pages and message boards, early PHPbb stuff and whatever there were around at the time running on school server or something set up just for hobby. Places with green/black color scheme, courier fonts and where countless versions of Matrix screensaver were distributed.

I never wrote to of those but they were sometimes fun to lurk. It was all right, kids of that era being kids and nothing wrong with that. As Matrix is sort of fringe what comes to the cyberpunk discussion tended be about fashion and if Nokia phone could be modded to work like in movie, sun glasses and really, about lots of clothes.

So for me and I guess for anybody who remembers those times, it's sort of two eastern eggs in one. :p

Sorry for the necro, but I don't see why I should start a new thread and I ran into an easter egg that was new to me.

If you take the elevator near Doctor Fingers' Ripperdoc clinic and go down to "storage" area, you run into this guy.
Lenny Nero, the main protagonist of the pretty good Cyberpunk film Strange Days (played by Ralph Fiennes).
In CP world he would be a Braindance peddler, and thats exactly what he looks to be here. I guess the movie is niche enough that they went with the full name.
View attachment 11243494

Lenny Nero : See... I can get you what you want, I can. I can get you anything, you just have to talk to me, you have to trust me. You can trust me, 'cause I'm your priest, I'm your shrink... I am your main connection to the switchboard of the soul. I'm the magic man... Santa Claus of the subconscious. You say it, you think it, you can have it.

Refference to crypto found today. The "Plan B" gun taken from Dexter DeShawn. Has a skin with the DEX logo. So, "Plan B" is a well-known trader, cryptanalyst and Bitcoin enthusiast. Also description - this is a good warning and advice for every trader. "DEX" is decentralized crypto exchanges. Well, the pistol eats eddies and have "bleeding" perk. "The time to buy is when there's blood in the streets." Baron Rothschild (c)

Last edited:
- If you choose the corpo origin, you can explore your own office in the Arasaka building. In a your desk drawer there is a magazine with Ciri on the cover. This easter egg seems to imply that witcher 3 is a video game in CP universe.
View attachment 11088308

Not sure if anyone has posted this here in this thread yet but:
Post automatically merged:

Red Pill = Good (exit the matrix / let Jonny take over)
Blue Pill = Bad (stay in wonderland / suppress Jonny).

I keep wondering about this. Did I miss something in the game? Was there suppose to be times I could take the pills when I wanted to or was it always only going to be for the scripted cutscenes?

I keep wondering about this. Did I miss something in the game? Was there suppose to be times I could take the pills when I wanted to or was it always only going to be for the scripted cutscenes?
Only during "A Cool Metal Fire" quest :)

Only during "A Cool Metal Fire" quest :)

You can take pill after exiting the Pacifica chapel after last Voodoo boys storyline mission. There are others Im sure but I can't remember.
Overall, I think these moments when you can take the pills are all scripted.
Post automatically merged:

Not sure if anyone has posted this here in this thread yet but:

Its in the Witcher game, and this is thread for easter eggs in the CP2077 game. Thus I didn't deem it proper to post it here.

You can take pill after exiting the Pacifica chapel after last Voodoo boys storyline mission. There are others Im sure but I can't remember.
Overall, I think these moments when you can take the pills are all scripted.
My post was only about "red/blue pills" reference to Matrix :)
But yeah, in all "Tapeworm" quests (after "Automatic Love", "Life During Wartime", "Transmission", "Search and Destroy"), you can only take pills (pseudoendotrizine) to avoid the discussion with Johnny, that's all (in short, a maner to say to Johnny : "shut up dumbass!")

Not so much of easter egg but maybe something they added in 1.5? Near Claire garage there is construction site - on the ground you can find shard which is Saburo`s diary from his trip to Night City where he was about to meet Yorinobu. Quite interesting.

Not so much of easter egg but maybe something they added in 1.5? Near Claire garage there is construction site - on the ground you can find shard which is Saburo`s diary from his trip to Night City where he was about to meet Yorinobu. Quite interesting.
You mean this one ?
Diary (117-121/77)
The shard is also encrypted ?
If yes, nice for those who miss it in the AV during the heist :)

I reckon this counts as an easter egg. These look an awful lot like the list of moderators here. (I just went by couple of the names I recognize, I assume the rest)

EDIT: For those interested, the Shard can be found on a table inside the Voodoo Boys crypt.
20230122023856_1.jpg

Last edited:
Did anyone notice?
in the mission "Gimme Danger" with Takemura, inside the constuction building, there a cat sitting next to you while you talk to Takemua, and Silverhand is laying next to the cat.
The cat is pushing Silverhand down, so he falls off...
man i did love that

It is especially interesting, because in a conversation (maybe with Takemura? ) somebody says that cats in japanese culture are belived to take away the soul after death?... Also, the cat in the alley where Vic's shop is, is one of the first things that we encounter in the game.

The cat also appears when you meet with Takemura to tell to Oda your story. But it is sitting in the far back on a broken car, so it is hard to notice and they don't mention it in the dialogue. But the cat moves while you talk, so I am fairly certain it is there :)

the_cat.jpg

2.0 has added a new easter egg apparently.

There is a Quadra type-66 in the game with new paint scheme. Sticker on the door says: "KB 67-23"

This is a reference to rally driver and youtube legend Ken Block (1967-2023)

You can take the car for free using the keys hidden in a box nearby.

Additionally:
There are some new entries at the Columbarium.
(Referring to the Edgerunners netflix show)

Last edited:
Top Bottom