Easter eggs you'd like to see in Cyberpunk2077?

+
An obese bartender with a clawed pink cyberarm.

Canisters of "Blue NIne" in a corp warehouse

A pill in the shape of a red triangle found on a table

Camcorder shades with mismatched frames and lenses as a Media unique clothing item

"Night City is a meat-grinder. And we are all turning the handle."

as your searching through some old apartment in the combat zone you come across a collection of Movies/books

Blade runner
Max Headroon
Johny Mnemonic
Mad Max
Liquid Sky
Total Recall
Neuromancer

I originally intended to throw out some suggestions... but honestly,... I am kinda sorry I came in here. The fun things about references and easter eggs, is catching and finding them... like those silly kids cartoons about monsters you keep in your pocket that I am positive is somehow a metaphor for something filthy..

What about my avatar pic? The authors of the comic used to say Ridley Scott stole a whole lot of ideas from Ranxerox to make Blade Runner. ;)

often easter eggs are not even from books or shows related to the particular game's theme...so some of them might not even be out of any form of cyberpunk setting...

May the Chrome be with you.

as your searching through some old apartment in the combat zone you come across a collection of Movies/books

Blade runner
Max Headroon
Johny Mnemonic
etc.

Usually it's even better doing it with a humourous twist. like: "Cop is searching through room, finds books (or copy of Cyberpunk 2020 PnP) and says 'What kind of looser reads/plays this kind of stuff?".

As nobody mentioned it, my nerdy self feels the need to mention Karel Capek, Czech author from the 1920/30s, first to have been written about "cybernetic" beings in his dark and futuristic dystopian play "R.U.R. (Rossum's Universal Robots)" in which he introduced the word "Robot" for the first time...

In the 2020 group I was in there were only two job providing agents...Mr Smith and Mr Johnson...and it even is Mr if the person actually is a Mrs
And that was way before Matrix

I'd like to see an ACPA in the background somewhere, modeled after Amber's power armor, from the "Steampunk / Clockwork Nazi" scene of Sucker Punch. =D

I'd like to see an ACPA in the background somewhere, modeled after Amber's power armor, from the "Steampunk / Clockwork Nazi" scene of Sucker Punch. =D

IF ACPA are present, I would much rather have an Appleseed Style Landmate... or a Bubblegum Crisis Style Hardsuit....

Or both...

IF ACPA are present, I would much rather have an Appleseed Style Landmate... or a Bubblegum Crisis Style Hardsuit....

Or both...

Ehhh..I love Landmates and not least because they look cool - Shirow-Sensei went to great lengths to make it clear they are as or more valued for their versatility and toolbox as their protective values. He was quite meh about the protective aspects, really. Which I like - uber tanks don't exist in a world setting where someone promptly builds an uber-penetrating round.

But ACPA are Cyberpunk and Landmates aren't. Virtuality for piloting, massively heavy, etc.

They are ridiculously tough, though, and unlike Landmates, the maintenance overhead is rarely demonstrated.

Soo..ACPA with Landmate characteristics. And the arms, of course, because cool.

A brilliant hobo named Philip.

Philip K. Dick actually was homeless for a period of his life, even after he was a known writer. He also suffered form schizophrenia in his later years, and believed god was the enemy of mankind. PKD was at one point living "two lives": his usual self and a first century "christian". This should be a VERY interesting hobo.

Also a professor named McCarthy. John McCarthy was the one who coined the term "Artificial Intelligence", during a conference at Dartmouth College in 1956.

And finally, a skinny mathematician or scientist named Gödel. Kurt Gödel is the author of THE mathematical truth of the 20th century, summarized as "a formal (mathematical) system is either incomplete or inconsistent". He proved this by devising a strategy in which true statements are proposed within a system, which cannot be derived from the axioms. A gödelian sentence therefore has the form P = "P is not provable". A popular version of this is the famous "This statement is a lie". And he should be skinny because Gödel died of inanition, after he developed a psychosis and believed somebody wanted to poison him.

And now you know three of my heroes :p

I would like some "easter eggs" of old technology...

- Classic computers and game consoles: Show old models and it would be great if able to play game of them. Maybe this can be a total pain in the ass, due to IP law mumbo jumbo and probably some IP owners of the best and/or more known games (Pong, Tetris, Mario, Galaxian...) would get too greedy about it or still alive and not wanting to "help competitors" (and the stupid copyright law makes you own it even after 20 years). I'm sure CDPr staff were using 8bit machines like Scorpion/Pentagon and Atari 800 family.

- Actual technology, it can be criticized by their absurdity or how EXPENSIVE they were compared to their functionalities. Laptops, Netbooks, Tablets, Handhelds, Smartphones, SSDs, NASs, displays, music players, radios...

- Early robotics would appear, like in a museum in the city.

- Old cars, but of course most people would buy replicas with modern technology on it for obvious reasons (you can't go anywhere if not flying).

How about a poster for Shadowrun?
Or breaking the fourth wall with a poster for Cyberpunk 2020.

A simple texture onto a wall.

Top Bottom